Tour Announcement: WHITE WIZZARD, ICARUS WITCH, WIDOW

I was at the KC date.

Not having Widow or Icarus Witch seemed like a bummer, but the bands that were there did NOT disappoint! The turnout could have been better, but the crowd had plenty of dudes that were familiar with the band's work and at maybe 30-40 strong we did the best we could to show our support.

The first band was Kansas City's Vanlade - they basically play frills-free power metal with some nice sing along moments. It was one of their first shows with a second guitar player and he made quite a difference in their sound. They always bring plenty of youthful energy, and had a nice solid set that ended with a great metal cover of Steppenwolf's "Born to be Wild." Their singer told me they're really hoping to have their debut album ready to sell next month. I look forward to that; they get better every time I see them.

Second up was Ancient Creation, also from the KC area. These guys are a little older, with a more gruff approach to the vocals, but played a good, short set. Highlights are the three songs they played from their album "Moonlight Monument," a great album that's on Heaven and Hell records. Their experience shows. I think a five or six song set is perfect for them, because I'm always left wanting more by the time they get off stage.

White Wizzard came on shortly after 11pm. It's the fourth time I've seen them, and I believe it was the fourth different singer they've had. I think the new singer's name is Joseph, and he sounded fucking EXCELLENT. His voice did not waver on the falsetto explosion as they tore through songs old and new. They begin their set with the new song "Torpedo of Truth," and then they went through some great highlights from their two full-lengths. They were fucking great, and tight as shit. Both of the guitar players could fucking shred, especially the new guitar player Will Wallner. The dude was a monster. I don't want to spoil the setlist too much for some, but they ended the set with the eponymous track from their first EP, and it was killer.

The best moment of White Wizzard's set came about midway through. Joseph noticed two teenagers at the outside window rocking out (the show was 21+). One of the kids was wearing a Wizzard shirt. They propped open the door that bands use to load and unload, so the kids could hear better and at one point Will took his guitar outside and played for them on the sidewalk. My friend and I joined him and we all rocked out on the sidewalk together.

Great show, great time, I can only imagine it gets better once Icarus Witch and Widow can join. But I had a blast. And Jon is a really nice dude. It was good to meet him and reminisce about a show they did with Korpiklaani years back in Atlanta. Go see this tour if you can.

30-40 is the new successful show numbers.

Of course. Thanks in part to the assholes that would rather pay $50 four, five times a year to see the same 4 successful Power Metal bands that tour here all the time, than spend $10 to go to a just-as-quality show

And then, they complain when "not too many different bands in power and prog metal come do North American tours."

It sucks, but what are you gonna do?

ANNOUNCE ANOTHER SABATON TOUR, OF COURSE.

I went and checked your dates getting all excited to see them. Your CAPITAL LETTERS make your post very misleading. Other than the Florida date (around the 70K cruise in the ultimate shit hole of a bar), there are only a handful of Mid-west/West coast dates.

Spoiled much?

there are only a handful of Mid-west/West coast dates.

Spoiled much?

With all due respect, being that you live on the east coast, and I say this with all the love in the world: Fuck right off. :lol:

Do you have any idea the shows that had bypassed Phoenix and the southwest while I was living there? Sabaton skipped it last time, Voyager/Rhapsody skipped us.. Within Temptation doesn't go anywhere other than NYC... Hell, even the Uniting the Powers of Metal tour didn't get out west farther than New Jersey, and I was actually involved! LOL.

So, maybe the west coast is getting the better end of the deal this time, but fuck me if I've had any luck seeing them more than once since they were on stage at PPUSA.

With all due respect, being that you live on the east coast, and I say this with all the love in the world: Fuck right off. :lol:

You must have got a "C" in geography in school? :heh: GA/TN/ALA does not equal east coast. Guess which city was closer to a Rhapsody/Voyager show...Atlanta or Phoenix.

Yah, growing up in the North East where everything was literally a rocks throw away, and having been in Pheonix, I forget how big the South is in relation to other cities. Being able to drive to LA/Vegas/San Diego in 6 hours was pretty cool.

But, Georgia borders the Atlantic, so I'm going to call it east coast on a technicality. :) And Arizona is just a really, really big beach that bleeds into California. So technically we're west coast.

<--also my icon.

So, maybe the west coast is getting the better end of the deal this time, but fuck me if I've had any luck seeing them more than once since they were on stage at PPUSA.

Now whose fault is it that you missed them with Evergrey last year? That would have put your total up to twice since PPUSA. :lol:

My wife and I will be there, and hopefully one of our friends that said he'd go, but he often ditches us last minute. Saw them when they opened for Firewind, and they were great. Looking forward to Icarus Witch (and Widow, shame they had to drop) too.

Sooooo, back to the White Wizzard, Icarus Witch and Widow tour...

Who's going tomorrow to the Joliet, IL show?

Unfortunatly I am going to pass. I was mainly going to see Widow but with them not at the Joliet show my interest has declined, plus I hate Mojoes with a passion for personal reasons. It is also Chicago Comic-Con time right now so after 8 hours there I am beat so being out late then getting up early the next day again isnt in the plan. Hopefully the show goes well for them.

Mojoes is 15 minutes from my house. I will probably be there. Wish I didn't have to leave tomorrow morning leave for a work trip though. I need some heavy metal before I hit the road though.

Thanks man. Much appreciated.

I'm exactly on the same situation at Progpower this year. I have a business trip the next day and unfortunately I can't leave the wife and the new baby at home for 2 weeks straight, which is killing me because I don't do very well when I miss Progpower... :(

My wife and I will be there, and hopefully one of our friends that said he'd go, but he often ditches us last minute. Saw them when they opened for Firewind, and they were great. Looking forward to Icarus Witch (and Widow, shame they had to drop) too.

Thanks so much to you as well. Yeah, it's a shame about Widow but I won't go there... :)

I was at the KC date.

Not having Widow or Icarus Witch seemed like a bummer, but the bands that were there did NOT disappoint! The turnout could have been better, but the crowd had plenty of dudes that were familiar with the band's work and at maybe 30-40 strong we did the best we could to show our support.

The first band was Kansas City's Vanlade - they basically play frills-free power metal with some nice sing along moments. It was one of their first shows with a second guitar player and he made quite a difference in their sound. They always bring plenty of youthful energy, and had a nice solid set that ended with a great metal cover of Steppenwolf's "Born to be Wild." Their singer told me they're really hoping to have their debut album ready to sell next month. I look forward to that; they get better every time I see them.

Second up was Ancient Creation, also from the KC area. These guys are a little older, with a more gruff approach to the vocals, but played a good, short set. Highlights are the three songs they played from their album "Moonlight Monument," a great album that's on Heaven and Hell records. Their experience shows. I think a five or six song set is perfect for them, because I'm always left wanting more by the time they get off stage.

White Wizzard came on shortly after 11pm. It's the fourth time I've seen them, and I believe it was the fourth different singer they've had. I think the new singer's name is Joseph, and he sounded fucking EXCELLENT. His voice did not waver on the falsetto explosion as they tore through songs old and new. They begin their set with the new song "Torpedo of Truth," and then they went through some great highlights from their two full-lengths. They were fucking great, and tight as shit. Both of the guitar players could fucking shred, especially the new guitar player Will Wallner. The dude was a monster. I don't want to spoil the setlist too much for some, but they ended the set with the eponymous track from their first EP, and it was killer.

The best moment of White Wizzard's set came about midway through. Joseph noticed two teenagers at the outside window rocking out (the show was 21+). One of the kids was wearing a Wizzard shirt. They propped open the door that bands use to load and unload, so the kids could hear better and at one point Will took his guitar outside and played for them on the sidewalk. My friend and I joined him and we all rocked out on the sidewalk together.

Great show, great time, I can only imagine it gets better once Icarus Witch and Widow can join. But I had a blast. And Jon is a really nice dude. It was good to meet him and reminisce about a show they did with Korpiklaani years back in Atlanta. Go see this tour if you can.

You rule. Thanks man.

Glad to hear you had a great time even if I wasnt there. I wanna know what the fuck is going on with WW singer situation because Mikey killed it, the last time I saw them nad I kinda feel like they dicked him over.

And yes 30 to 40 in KC is about average for a week day show. KC has little to no metal fans believe me when I say we are a closely knit group of people cause we see each other literally at every show, well except when Im in Europe.