[TOUR] DragonForce + Turisas World Tour: UK/IE

Who the hell uses a sat nav on a bicycle anyway?
Fortunately I don't really need directions to get back from Cardiff - just keep heading west, and if I drive into the sea I've gone too far. As long as I don't do what I did after one gig - spend the whole drive worrying about the strange noise the engine was making only to realise afterwards that it was just the ringing in my ears making it sound different.

Come to think of it, maybe a longboat would be quicker...

it did confuse me as to why that setting was on there

haha those are great instructions :p
hahahahahahaha yes, ringing ears does distort things...

we should so make a longboat and follow turisas around the country in it

Come to think of it I know someone who's training to be a boatbuilder. Not sure if she's completed the Viking module of her course yet but I could ask her for a quote next time I see her.

Totally. But where to get a longboat from before September? :erk:

You think I'm joking...I'd seriously do that if I could get hold of a longboat :p

Isn't there one in Edinburgh? In a museum?

If not there's defo one in a museum in Norway.

Have done some research, and for the smallest possible longship, a Snekke, we need a minimum crew of 24 oarsmen and a cox.

Bagsy cox.

Who's up for a spot of rowing? :p

Damn right!

Lemme see...I can talk Roger into it (he can row for two), Sam (he can row for a half - weakling), Pete, Alex, Bazette, possibly Nige, my dad'd probly enjoy the 'historical re-enactment' and real ale aspects, Rix, Mark, Chris and the boyfriend. The last five aren't into Vikings in the slightest, but will row if I tell them to :lol:

That's 11. Who are you bringing Katie? I can provide cousins if we come up short.

Oi! Being pendantic is my job. :mad:

And I'm not sure Sam even counts as a half to be fair. He is *very* pretty though...so maybe we could tie him to the bow and use him as a figurehead? :D

Damnit! Must try harder on the pedantic front :rolleyes:

That can be Sam's job then. He won't be too much trouble if we keep him topped up with beer ;)

I'm happy to row as long as there's plenty of breaks for ale and my horned helmet fits well enough not to blow off in the sea breeze.

Talking of epic fail...

It's only just dawned on me who the devil you are :oops::oops::oops:

OK so you'd think '30', 'Pembrokeshire' and the tankard would've given it away, but noooooooo