[TOUR] DragonForce + Turisas World Tour: US/CAN

Just got home from the NYC show. Started in the 2nd row, got to the rail midway through Turisas set. Atmosphere was better than I expected.
Forgot my camera at school, so no pics...
Bought a shirt, but Turisas never came out to sign anything...

Nygard got a Beck's, which he considered German pisswater instead of American pisswater. After his speech the venue brought him a Guiness, which he said was the first decent beer he'd been served the entire American tour.

Heh, Grigorii - Mathias made someone in the crowd trade him a Guinness for the Abita Amber that they brought on stage during the New Orleans headline show. It was great though, because there were literally 30 people there, so you could hear everything everyone was saying.

Mathias: "This beer. . .Abita Amber. Is it any good?"
Guy In Crowd: "It tastes like piss!"
Mathias: "I. . .do not want to be drinking piss." ::takes a big swig::

2278852704_f5efa1d4b0.jpg

Mathias: "Well. . .they have one thing right. Pure spring water."

b] I also asked them when they were headlining and Netta said they were coming back to headline the US next Spring. [/b] :kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass:

Spring? wasn´t it meant to be first supporting Dragonforce in Europe and then start working on a few new stuff, play a few summer festivals and end up in studio?
*confused*

Spring? wasn´t it meant to be first supporting Dragonforce in Europe and then start working on a few new stuff, play a few summer festivals and end up in studio?
*confused*

That's what she said

I also saw a bulletin from the band Destroy Destroy Destroy that they might be supporting Turisas on a headlining tour but nothing is confirmed yet

That was like 2 months ago. So I don't know

The NYC show had many more people. I could barely hear what Nygard was saying, let alone anyone else. Nobody seemed to be paying much attention to Turisas to care about his beer woes.

Tuisas is headlining in Poughkeepsie tonight. I will not be going. I am very sad.

Howdy,

Saw Turisas at the Electric Factory in Philly. There is absolutely no question that Turisas owned the stage and everyone else was just a guest. Here are a few photos, and my comments:

DSC02213.jpg

Do not believe in bigger font sizes, Turisas made the show

DSC02217.jpg

The shop had ran out of Turisas CDs . . . THE DAY BEFORE!!!

DSC02233.jpg

Goofy Metal here we come!! I liked these guys a lot, very very genuine band

DSC02239.jpg

Battle Metal here we come!!!

DSC02240.jpg

Serious awsomeness!!

DSC02246.jpg

Some of us may never return . . . . in the end, I did have to go home, seriously!

DSC02251.jpg

Meeting people you know

DSC02255.jpg

Meeting your long lost pair of twin brothers . . ??!!

DSC02252.jpg

Taking photos worthy of poster size print

DSC02254.jpg

Just like everyone else

DSC02273.jpg

Arrogant Cardio Metal here we come???

DSC02283.jpg

Someone tried stealing the Flubber out of his shoes . . . no luck

DSC02294.jpg

"Doooooood, we got nothing to say, can we make some stupid jokes and run around in circles while ZP calls these people [expeltive] a few more times?" "He he, yeah yeah, good idea!"

So there is your mostly pictorial review of the show. I am proud of Turisas. While several bands are original, few are original enough to have valid claims to startin a new metal genre: BATTLE METAL!

OK, I got carried away there :kickass:

cheers,
wm_crash, the friendly hooligan

Apparently there is a reason why the black remains but the red goes everywhere. I just watched this for the first time today:

I will be better prepared next time. I used Circus Red and Black Disguise from an eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/House-of-Chuckles

The products are really soap and require a fair amount of warm water to go away. Not very glossy though and not very eye friendly if you do get some in the eye.

cheerios,
wm_crash, the friendly hooligan

Last edited by a moderator: