Trigger Deluxe Samples

Again, I have no issue with paying for the samples; $99 is a great deal for the quality of the sounds based on the demos and for the work that went into them.

Why do I have to update to 1.66 to use them, though?

I don't think many people take issue with the price being $99. That's reasonable for all the samples that are included. Lasse's LSD kick and snare packs, for example, cost about $90 together. This Deluxe pack has those plus toms as well so, to me, that's totally reasonable.

What's not reasonable, however, is making users update their software to one that doesn't work how they want, nor how it used to work. I still haven't updated past 1.62 because I refuse to use the waveform GUI in the later versions. I know for a fact a ton of other TRIGGER users feel the same way and also have not, and will not, update - not even to use these new Deluxe samples. On top of that I'm not going to risk compromising the MIDI functionality that I have now, from what I understand the later versions have issues with MIDI being randomly off or not working at all, or articulations not working properly and all have yet to be addressed as if they aren't a problem.

In addition to forcing an update if you want to use these new samples... Jeff makes a great point about the issue of having the OH and ROOM mics together with the direct in one instance of TRIGGER. Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't this Deluxe pack touted as being unprocessed? So that would mean we will have to add compression and EQ to shape the drums to fit the mix, yes? If that's the case then what happens when we want to add compression and EQ to the direct mics and it is also being applied to the OH and ROOM as well? Is there a way to send the OH/ROOM mics to different tracks? I'm not familiar with how you mix, but I prefer to have direct, OH and ROOM mics all separate so they can be processed individually. For instance, I may want to boost 200Hz on the direct mic, but not the OH/ROOM, instead I would want to highpass those at 300Hz. Or I may want to boost 8k on the direct, and not the OH/ROOM - all fairly common situations. Call me crazy but I am fairly certain the overwhelming majority of other engineers would prefer separate direct, OH and ROOM mics (TCIs) over one TCI will all of them together.

The way it seems to be set up we will just have to mute the OH and ROOM channels on the direct track, mute the direct on the OH track and ROOM track in order to get them all separate. Not a huge deal I suppose, that's sort of how it's done now except you only have to load what you want, instead of loading all of them and muting certain "channels" to get there.

I think you guys would have been better off releasing the Deluxe pack in the same format as all previous TRIGGER content, separate TCI for everything. Not only would you avoid missing out on customers that don't want to be forced into an update that compromises the functionality of the TRIGGER plug-in itself, but also avoid senseless extra steps to get around something we (or, at least, I) didn't want anyway (the combined TCIs).

It's like if you went to upgrade the stereo in your car but you have to deal with the steering wheel working in reverse in order to get it.

Hi folks. The older version of TRIGGER did not have enough internal engine power to properly play the new Deluxe samples AND run the proprietary Deluxe playback algorithm that makes the Deluxe samples playback with 'realism'. I would never force anyone to update if it wasn't necessary. There is a reason it took us 9 months to get this pack out!

For anyone who has feedback on TRIGGER, our ears are always open and we will continue to work on. Some of the feedback that came from this very forum were implemented into the new 1.66 update.

All the Deluxe Samples can be loaded as individual TCI's or as full presets.

Cheers,
Steven

Amazing samples Steven! Thank you!
But now Trigger really needs multi-out function (as example: ability to send room and oh samples to aux tracks from main (close mic) trigger instance)

Was the MIDI issue "corrected"?

Cheers!
:headbang:

Yes, its way more precise.

Amazing samples Steven! Thank you!
But now Trigger really needs multi-out function (as example: ability to send room and oh samples to aux tracks from main (close mic) trigger instance)

Best thing to do is option copy instances and mute certain TRIGGER channels. Multiout routing from an audio channel is a function of the DAW that we cannot get around unfortunately.

Steven

Is there any other drum replacement plug-in that does multi out?

Should say, I'm ok with the price having compared it to others. £60 is decent and extending the offer for users of SSD is very fair, so there's no rush. Cheers!

Steven, would it be possible to have an option for the old or new GUI within the plugin? I've stuck with an old version for a long time because I prefer the half waveform display and I've got to be honest having to upgrade and use the new GUI is making me hesitate on buying what looks to be a great pack!

As long as the midi issue is corrected, I'm all for this.

and Steven just said you can load all the room, o/h, and bottom mics independently.... so unless i missed something, total non-issue about the separate room tracks and such...

I'll be testing this new update for midi funcionality as soon as possible....

Steven, would it be possible to have an option for the old or new GUI within the plugin? I've stuck with an old version for a long time because I prefer the half waveform display and I've got to be honest having to upgrade and use the new GUI is making me hesitate on buying what looks to be a great pack!

He didn't elaborate much on the exact reason for this, but he's said they're not able to bring the other one back. Guessing drumagog has some sort of coyright or something on it, so Steven has said it won't happen, period. Everyone's just going to have to deal with it unless they figure out a better way to do it....

While the algorithm reasoning sounds a bit snake-oily, I'll put it to rest.

Is it possible then to run two versions of Trigger on the same machine? aka have 1.62 and 1.66 as separate plugins?

My 2cents on the new update is that samples load slower, and the articulations feature still only works with the first slot.

I haven't tested the updated MIDI functionality.

It does seem that the stereo imaging is now more true to the original samples when played through trigger, which was something that was very strange with 1.65 IMO.

In conclusion, better than 1.65 but I think I'll stick with 1.64...

I'm not quite sure if I understand correctly.
I bought Slate Trigger (which comes with 4 Deluxe instruments if I'm correct, 2 snares and 2 kicks). I also bought Slate SSD4 Platinum. (Actually looking at it I bought everything Slate Digital has released: FG-X, VCC and VTM as well, lol). So does this new Deluxe Pack contain different samples than the SSD4 Platinum or are those the same "mapped" to Trigger?

I'm not quite sure if I understand correctly.
I bought Slate Trigger (which comes with 4 Deluxe instruments if I'm correct, 2 snares and 2 kicks). I also bought Slate SSD4 Platinum. (Actually looking at it I bought everything Slate Digital has released: FG-X, VCC and VTM as well, lol). So does this new Deluxe Pack contain different samples than the SSD4 Platinum or are those the same "mapped" to Trigger?

Good question!
Since you can cut the samples yourself....

My 2cents on the new update is that samples load slower, and the articulations feature still only works with the first slot.
Same here...
Steven, were you already aware of that issue ?

EDIT : I even noticed that when using the stock Trigger samples, if I put for example 3 snares in 3 slots, changing the articulation configuration on the first one will change it on the 2 others as well (I mean, if I set my first slot snare to use only hard hits, every slot will play hard hits, and not only the first one).
Didn't do the test with custom TCIs, but I think it will turn in a total mess.

If you are having issues with the articulations, please send in a ticket!!

Cheers,
Steven

TRIGGER 1.66:

- New instruments support due to custom license system support (new expansion packs are using the same TCI file name extension, but the format is actually different)
- UI changes in "Settings" menu, ("license settings" button an popup dialog)
- Mac OSX 10.7 compatibility added (plugin settings are now saved\restored correctly)
- Possible playback corruption fixed.
- Midi playback and capture precision improved.
- Minor instrument samples randomization engine issues fixed.
- AU validation problems fixed.

JeffTD said:
Is it possible then to run two versions of Trigger on the same machine? aka have 1.62 and 1.66 as separate plugins?

STEVEN: Can you answer this?