Trivium steals riff off Opeth

ROBL2500

New Metal Member
Dec 24, 2006
Whaley Bridge
Theres a part on the Deliverance song where it sounds like Trivium stole the riff..the song im listening to is Deliverance where the lyrics go "The Piercing sounds you make, staring higher, higher now, and once left in my wake" sounds almost exactly like Trivium's Light to the Flies.
Has anyone else ever noticed this?

mmmmmmmmmm Trivium, im suprised they would even listen to opeth to steal the riff in the first place.
There both on roadrunner now? Anyhow, from what ive heard of Trivium they rip of all old school bands any way with there shitty soundind guitar tones and twin gutar and as for the vocals.................i havent the time to go into depth about how shit they really are

I dont think its possible for Trivium to take another step in the wrong direction, they are at the bottom of everything.

The bit im talking of is the "Light to the Flies" song where it goes "This seems to suit you better bleeding out the eyes"..compare that to the part in Opeths song, and they sound the exact match.

I really wouldn't say exact, similar yes, enough for law suits to be flying left right and center probably not.
Both great bands I must say

Ah... what the hell is going on when someone with a Gorgoroth icon is so familiar with Trivium to be able to make that call?

Let me know when Trivium aren't ripping someone off.

Ah... what the hell is going on when someone with a Gorgoroth icon is so familiar with Trivium to be able to make that call?

Well if you knew my life story..which I very much doubt you do..you'd see that I used to like shitty bands until I discovered Black Metal..which then prompted me from the age of 20 to sell all of my Lamb of God/Trivium and other crap CDs to replace them with my Black Metal collection I have now (I am now aged 23 and have 500 black metal CDs currently in the collection).
Infact isnt it better to know when a shitty band is ripping off Opeth, than be ignorant of it.

Well if you knew my life story..which I very much doubt you do..you'd see that I used to like shitty bands until I discovered Black Metal..

lmao. 99% of black metal is total shit, fyi

Well if you knew my life story..which I very much doubt you do..you'd see that I used to like shitty bands until I discovered Black Metal..which then prompted me from the age of 20 to sell all of my Lamb of God/Trivium and other crap CDs to replace them with my Black Metal collection I have now (I am now aged 23 and have 500 black metal CDs currently in the collection).
Infact isnt it better to know when a shitty band is ripping off Opeth, than be ignorant of it.

So.,.. You still like shitty bands?

500 CDs in three years? Nice life story btw...

Yea so these days I basically listen to Black Metal, Folk, Classical music and a bit of Opeth now and again...I dont really care what anyones opinion on my music is like, its a hell of a lot more taste than listening to Emo anyway.

What the fuck... are you talking about? :p There's nothing to that "riff" that is alike the one in the "The peircing sounds you make"-part in Deliverance. Not even the vocal line for bananas sake!

Wtf?

Regards,
David LIngdell (confused?!)