Trivium steals riff off Opeth

Ah... what the hell is going on when someone with a Gorgoroth icon is so familiar with Trivium to be able to make that call?

Well if you knew my life story..which I very much doubt you do..you'd see that I used to like shitty bands until I discovered Black Metal..which then prompted me from the age of 20 to sell all of my Lamb of God/Trivium and other crap CDs to replace them with my Black Metal collection I have now (I am now aged 23 and have 500 black metal CDs currently in the collection).
Infact isnt it better to know when a shitty band is ripping off Opeth, than be ignorant of it.

:lol:, im proud I never fell for liking shitty bands then one day all of a sudden discovering great metal and feeling embarrassed as to having to rid myself of my old collection.

I still enjoy everything i've been listening to in the last 10 years, i'm about to turn 24.

who cares if trivium sucks or not, honestly? everyone takes shit from other people, its called an influence. opeth do it too, im sad to say. though i havent heard this riff you speak of, can i get a point in the song where i should look?

I still enjoy everything i've been listening to in the last 10 years, i'm about to turn 24.[/QUOTE]

Ditto here. I'm 34, and I think it would really suck to suddenly realize that my collection sucks and I have to start over. I honestly can't think of any albums that I used to think were great and now suck... some of them get a bit old if heard too often, but nothing turns to crap.

I think too many people are influenced by friends and the internet when it comes to music... trust your ears. If Lamb of God sounds good to you then hey, more power to you.