Trivium steals riff off Opeth

and log sucks because..?

they aren't 'true'? or some bullshit?

music is good because of the music, not because of their image... wow

and log sucks because..?

they aren't 'true'? or some bullshit?

music is good because of the music, not because of their image... wow
The vocals. If LoG didn't have that atrocious vocalist, they would be 100X better. I don't give a flying fuck about "image". The same goes for Trivium, except I also can't stand the music. It all sounds the same eventually, and it seems as though they just want to be part of one big clusterfuck of bands who sound exactly alike.

I'm pretty sure that after The Crusade anyone can recognize that Trivium are a tad "too" influenced by other bands if you know what I mean *cough cough metallica*, but this shouldn't be a surprise since this happens all the time in music nowadays...

for example, Lenny Kravitz is a bit "too influenced" by Hendrix which can be seen with how he ripped off "Ezy Rider" with "Are You Gonna Go My Way?"...1:34 into Ezy Ryder there is a riff identical to the main riff in "Are You Gonna Go My Way?"

also Lamb Of God have been ripping off their fair share of riffs (ie Megadeth, Testament, Meshuggah), which you can see in this video

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=GJWxWtjqx40[/ame]

Oh god.

:lol:, im proud I never fell for liking shitty bands then one day all of a sudden discovering great metal and feeling embarrassed as to having to rid myself of my old collection.

I still enjoy everything i've been listening to in the last 10 years, i'm about to turn 24.

:err: Do and don't disagree. True you shouldn't give a fuck what people think but tastes DO change
(especially when your a seventeen year old chick that lived on a small island where you didn't really get to hear much stuff until moving 3 months ago!:p)

Bit off topic but anyone heard the song off Therion's lemuria called Typhon... if not give it one and see if you recognize anything!

OK I haven't given Meshuggah a huge chance. Tried it once and didn't like it. But I've tried to like Testament, but it just seems to sound like every other thrash band. A medley of flat fifths, flat seconds, minor thirds and not much more. And you seriously want me to tell you what I listen to?

other than Opeth, sure

ok. Mainly, I listen to prog/death/black bands. Ne Obliviscaris, Opeth, Ikuinen Kaamos, Agalloch, Edge of Sanity's 'Crimson'. I like Ulver's album 'Bergtatt', Oakhelm and Falls of Rauros, for the folkier black metal. I like small amounts of doom, my favourites being early Katatonia, Swallow the Sun, Daylight Dies, Rainshadow and Funeral. I like some black metal, early Manes, Raventale, Aaskeria (just getting into these guys - weird vocals but great music), Abyssic Hate, some melodic black metal such as Dawn and Dissection. I really enjoy Amon Amarth's first album, and their second and third are quite good too. I love Psycroptic's first two albums because they're technical for music's sake, and not technical for technicality's sake. Hmm... Moonsorrow and Alcest are great. Also I've been getting into post-rock recently, Explosions in the Sky, sleepmakeswaves and Sigur Ros have been getting a bit of play. I also really enjoy stuff like Nightingale, although I prefer their earlier albums. I play the cello, so I listen to quite a lot of classical music. Melodic death metal is 99% awful, but Vornagar and Be'lakor are great. There's a fair bit more that I'm just starting to get into, like Massive Attack, Primordial, Mael Mordha and Daargard.

I do a whole load of my own music too, so that gets quite a lot of play.

:)

ok. Mainly, I listen to prog/death/black bands. Ne Obliviscaris, Opeth, Ikuinen Kaamos, Agalloch, Edge of Sanity's 'Crimson'. I like Ulver's album 'Bergtatt', Oakhelm and Falls of Rauros, for the folkier black metal. I like small amounts of doom, my favourites being early Katatonia, Swallow the Sun, Daylight Dies, Rainshadow and Funeral. I like some black metal, early Manes, Raventale, Aaskeria (just getting into these guys - weird vocals but great music), Abyssic Hate, some melodic black metal such as Dawn and Dissection. I really enjoy Amon Amarth's first album, and their second and third are quite good too. I love Psycroptic's first two albums because they're technical for music's sake, and not technical for technicality's sake. Hmm... Moonsorrow and Alcest are great. Also I've been getting into post-rock recently, Explosions in the Sky, sleepmakeswaves and Sigur Ros have been getting a bit of play. I also really enjoy stuff like Nightingale, although I prefer their earlier albums. I play the cello, so I listen to quite a lot of classical music. Melodic death metal is 99% awful, but Vornagar and Be'lakor are great. There's a fair bit more that I'm just starting to get into, like Massive Attack, Primordial, Mael Mordha and Daargard.

I do a whole load of my own music too, so that gets quite a lot of play.

:)
:thumbzup:

Whatever anyway, Meshuggah isn't for everyone, but the reason I think Testament is so good is because of the all-star cast of musicians, and also the vocalist fits perfectly with the music.

Also I've been getting into post-rock recently, Explosions in the Sky, sleepmakeswaves and Sigur Ros have been getting a bit of play

I like your music, except for the black metal...that stuff's not for me lol. I enjoy all sub genres of metal except black metal and power metal.
Post-rock I also like , both EITS and Sigur Ros are awesome, but I haven't heard of sleepmakeswaves, I'll have to check them out. If you like EITS, check out "Winter Hymn Country Hymn Secret Hymn" by Do Make Say Think and If These Trees Could Talk's self-titled...also if you like math-rock I recommend checking out 65daysofstatic's "Fall Of Math", very good album.