Trivium

Status
Not open for further replies.
im sorry but anyone to even think for a split second that trivium sounds/acts/plays anything like metallica needs serious help....

It's not that they play like metallica, its the fact that they TRY to play like metallica and sound like shit. The band is talentless, and compared to the rest of the metal genre, look and sound like children playing for the first time.

In regard to the rest of this thread, some of you people are really fucking dumb and need a reality check.

what the fuck is your point??? I don't give a shit if chuck was christian or not (just like I don't give a shit if tom araya is a christian)

all of death's albums are excellent death metal/progressive/technical metal

Oooh. Getting defensive are we? See, now I believe I've just exposed your contradiction. You say "death to false metal" because you perceive them not to "represent the spirit and purpose of metal music", yet you like Chuck so much?

That is my point.

Oooh. Getting defensive are we? See, now I believe I've just exposed your contradiction. You say "death to false metal" because you perceive them not to "represent the spirit and purpose of metal music", yet you like Chuck so much?

That is my point.

you didn't expose anything... I have listened to all of death's albums a million times and I have never heard any sort of a religious message ever - and even if chuck was a christian (which he never claimed to be) - it wouldn't make any difference (when did I start giving a shit about what musicians do in their personal life??)

the only thing that matters to me is the 7 albums by death all of which are near flawlessly executed metal

It's not that they play like metallica, its the fact that they TRY to play like metallica and sound like shit. The band is talentless, and compared to the rest of the metal genre, look and sound like children playing for the first time.

In regard to the rest of this thread, some of you people are really fucking dumb and need a reality check.

I don't know about that. The band members are all capable musicians but they have no idea how to write a song

it's just very generic/boring/pointless pop metal

you didn't expose anything... I have listened to all of death's albums a million times and I have never heard any sort of a religious message ever - and even if chuck was a christian (which he never claimed to be) - it wouldn't make any difference (when did I start giving a shit about what musicians do in their personal life??)

Yes, but you're ignoring the whole "spirit of metal" thing. How a band (or frontman in this matter) represents themselves is just as important as what a band plays when it comes to something like that.

Yes, but you're ignoring the whole "spirit of metal" thing. How a band (or frontman in this matter) represents themselves is just as important as what a band plays when it comes to something like that.

the ONLY thing that matters is the quality of the albums (as well as their live performances)

I don't know anything about Chuck's personal life... don't want to know, don't care - it doesn't matter

Now, what exactly is false metal? Metal that you in particular don't like?

That's exactly it. There is no false metal. False metal in reality is music that is clearly not metal at all but it being labled as such.

if you dont like the band then WHY THE FUCK would you even bother opening it and posting useless spam like, "close this fucking thread"

you could atleast give a few intelligent points as to why you do not like the band instead of making yourself look like a retard

+1.

I don't really hate them that much, some material off their new album is tolerable, but I tend to strongly dislike generic, overpopularized bands.

Why? Just so you can be "different" or "deep"?

I'm never offended by another person's opinon, it's when people try to subject their opinions as the "be all end all" that I have issues with. It's a virus on this particular board.

Take out the banhammer.

metalages, I honestly think you're wayoff when you say people hate this band because they are popular or "hot topic" - ish

mastodon is one of the most popular + prominent metal bands in the world and is widely respected/admired on this board

trivium is despised because they are pop metal for children...

no offense, ofcourse

You're full of shit.

everything about the last album blows

it's a pathetic attempt to recapture the magic of old metallica - not to mention the lyrics are painfully awful

death to false metal

Again you're full of shit.

Ignore the haters, unless they can give you a decent reason why they don't like the band other than that they're popular or "Hot Topic"-ish. Their opinion is crap otherwise.

I love the new Trivium album. I'm not so familiar with the older albums from them but the new one ranked in my top 5 for last year. Great Metal album with some killer riffs/solos/arrangements etc. - search the forum for "trivium" and we had a thread about it a few months back.

I'll be interested to see what they release with their next album, see if they continue to evolve more or not.

Same here. Their older stuff isn't my cup of tea but their new one is much better.

How about I make you go away? :rolleyes:

Please do.

I don't know about that. The band members are all capable musicians but they have no idea how to write a song

it's just very generic/boring/pointless pop metal

So what you are telling me is, they are shit. Just like I said.

Spirit of metal? You mean acting like Bill and Ted all the time? No thanks.

and im sorry to say this but anyone who thinks they are untalented is quite obviously lying to themselves to give another reason to dislike them, these guys can most definitely play their instruments which is probably the only respect i have for them....

Spirit of metal? You mean acting like Bill and Ted all the time? No thanks.

Don't point at me. I didn't mention the "spirit of metal" first.

Chuck Schuldiner >>> God said:
the ONLY thing that matters is the quality of the albums (as well as their live performances)

I don't know anything about Chuck's personal life... don't want to know, don't care - it doesn't matter

Deny if you will. But Chuck went against metal as much as Trivium (in some minds) do.

and im sorry to say this but anyone who thinks they are untalented is quite obviously lying to themselves to give another reason to dislike them, these guys can most definitely play their instruments which is probably the only respect i have for them....

They are very talented. I play to their drummer quite a bit.

Deny if you will. But Chuck went against metal as much as Trivium (in some minds) do.

based on what??

chuck never even admitted to being a christian. Despite what anus will tell you, there are NO religious messages in the music

watch interviews of chuck on religion - he will tell you that is a very personal thing and he does not discuss that at all in the music

Why don't you stop being a vague knob and give everyone a reason as to why we should listen to and respect them.

i dont remember in any of my posts saying that you should listen to them or that i enjoy listening to them, there is no convincing someone into respecting them...if they knew anything about a fucking instrument or the difficulty of playing one they would

The singer looks so newmetal and emo, he is a bad example and has a queer image for metal... his music is pop radio rock slop.

oh great lets judge a band based on their lead singers appearance, but i guess its okay for rob halford to be dressed in tight ass leather & chains and be in one of the most respected metal bands on these boards

im hoping for your own sake that was a sarcastic post...

Status
Not open for further replies.