Trixxi's KISS Adventures!

TRrEiTxIxRiE DTrash

New Metal Member
Apr 14, 2001
DAY 1 - THURSDAY!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got there about 7 'clock in Vinnie Vincent makeup with black hair & hairspray. Saw 1 other Vinnie and 2 Erics there which was cool, and got TONS of comments again. Machine Gun Fellacio and Grinspoon sucked so I didn't watch any of them except we went in when Grinspoon played their last 2 songs. I had Paradise tickets, second half of the floor. We stayed near Paul's mini-stage (and I was 2 metres from him again when he played I Was Made For Lovin' You!).

After Grinspoon, as the music played through the PA, when a song ended, down comes the big KISS curtain in time with the end of the song. There begins the madness, the atmosphere just became electric already! About five minutes later, downg o the house lights! And the PA music gets turned up! The atmosphere gets bigger! As soon as that song finishes, there it is... THE RUMBLE! The spotlights chasing around the arena with the big rumble, and then the booming voice with everybody in the areana chanting to it!

"ALRIGHT MELBOUUUUUUUURNE! YOU WANTED THE BEST, YOU GOT THE BEST, THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD - KISS!!!!!!!!!!"

.... and in comes the Eric's drum into to Creatures Of The Night!!!The curtain falls as the guitars kick in and pyro goes off everywhere as expected as they head into my favourite KISS song sounding very much like on Alive III! (Except Tommy played a more Ace-style solo)

The concert was simply AMAZING! I have to say now - Why should KISS quit? They are better now than they have been since the early '90s. They were tight as well, sounded the heaviest they have since before the reunion, seemed to have a new found energy & spark, the crowd participation levels were sooo high we were really PART of the show, the setlist was awesome, they changed around where all the theatrics & alot of the pyro is to keep it fresh compared to the last tours, there was actually more pyro than the Farewell & Reunion tours as well haha....

It was the best KISS show I have seen! And I came out thinking, despite any problems we have with the band's decisions, the fact is that you still can't come out of these KISS shows thinking "That was ok..", you get totally blown away! KISS are still the best live band in the world. I don't see any reason for them to give it up now!

Can't wait till tonight! I'll be in the Heaven section trying to be right up the front, THEN have tickets to the after party which KISS are meant to be at, then going to the 3rd show at The Palais tomorrow as well!

I WANTED THE BEST AND I GOT IT! That was 10x better than I expected. BEST KISS SHOW I'VE BEEN TO!

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

For anyone who didn't go because they thought it would suck this year and its overkill - GO! I'm telling you, if you enjoyed the Farewell Tour at least, this is even better! You'll LOVE IT!

Setlist:

Creatures of the Night
Deuce
I Pledge Allegiance To The State Of Rock & Roll
I Love it Loud
Christine Sixteen
Tears are Falling
War Machine
Lick it Up
Calling Dr. Love
I Want You
100,000 Years
Unholy
Shout it Out Loud (with Orchestra)
Love Gun (with Orchestra)
I Was Made For Lovin' You (with Orchestra)
Detroit Rock City (with Orchestra)

God Gave Rock and Roll To You II
Rock and Roll all Night (with Orchestra)

Sounds awesome! :headbang: I'd almost be scared to ask how you've paid for Kiss tickets in the past couple years though..

Actually Blitzy...
- ALL remaining tickets for tonight's show are $50
- Because they had to do this to sell out a 2nd show where usually they sell out 3 in one day each, I doubt they will be back in a hurry. Ticket sales have been really really poor this year and they've had to do 2-for-1 deals and all tickets $50 deals all over the place to fill the venues.

Sydo: I've spent $500 just on this KISS tour and about to spend another $45 right now... I think all together I've spent about $850 on KISS tours. I went for free the first year which rocked haha. In my opinion though, this is the best tour they've done here since since they put the makeup back on, better than the Reunion, Farewell & Symphony. Just a shame so many fans refused to go coz they are really missing out, KISS have gone all out to make this one special for the real fans rather than their predictable "we were big in the 70s, let's relive it" family show.

I just heard though that the floor sold out just then for tonight's show. So probably only seats are left and probably not good ones. But if floor tickets are available still I certainly wouldn't hesitate in buying one (if I didn't already have one haha).

As far as I'm concerned, the reunion of the original lineup turned KISS into a musical liability with all the credibility of a cabaret act. Ace was my hero as a kid and Peter not so much :lol:, but now they're just incoherent has-beens who can't play to save their lives. I'm glad to see Tommy and Eric in the band. They should inspire Gene and Paul to kick arse again (as they did in the early 90s) instead of just resting on their laurels, going through shows on autopilot and playing the same songs over and over again for 7 years.

The only reason I didn't go this time was the ticket prices. It was a BAD decision to make, and one that certainly won't be repeated :(.

I hope this version of KISS makes a new album one day that's just as good if not better than Revenge. Tommy has written some great stuff with them before, so just imagine what he could do as a full time member!

W

Why are they playing War Machine? That song does nothing for me whatsoever. And I still don't have Asylum (can't find it) and so I still haven't heard Tears Are Falling. And I can't find my copy of whatever album I Pledge Allegiance is on so I can't remember how that goes.

And why aren't they playing I Just Wanna or Take It Off?

Crazy Nights is an OK album too, nothing from that? :(

Glad to see they're playing heaps of post-classic line-up stuff, though. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: Cannae wait to see them on Thursday night. :headbang:

Spiff said:
And why aren't they playing I Just Wanna or Take It Off?
Because War Machine, Tears Are Falling and I Pledge Allegiance are all better. :)