Troll...

Ah thanks. Didn't realize we had an ignore list. Now I won't have to scroll down a full-page just to get past someone's oversized vertical sig picture.

if you're wondering where the ignore list is, click "User CP" at the top left of the screen then scroll down a little and look for "Buddy / Ignore Lists" on the left side.

Its funny how the same people that say "we don't care what you think" are giving me my own special thread. I feel so honored. And post after post in this thread is someone caring about what I say, so I really feel special. Keep up the good work. Maybe I can even make someones 'ignore' list.

Then maybe one day you can have only people that agree with everything you say on your non ignore list. That would make for some pretty interesting message forum discussions lol.

They would go something like this:

Thread name: "A Toast To Extras" - Author Social Distortion

Social Distortion; "I really love A Toast To Extras"
Mannthatfollowshell: "Yep Me too!"
Mikey-bong: "Yep I like it a lot"
Scooterville: " I like it a lot to, anything Anthrax put out is great!"
Sufferer: Yes great tune!"
Ian442: "Cool tune I agree"

End of thread. (Closed)

But if you were to take the people that actually responded differently that you didn't have on your ignore list it would look more like this:

IronMaidenFan09: "Are you kidding me? This song is a joke, one of the most embarrassing things the band has ever done. What the fuck were they thinking? A former Thrash legend putting out this garbage? Fuck that
Thrashard: "This song is terrible, one of the worst of the Anthrax collection"
Anthrax_mosher: "Terrible song"
Vomit: "Don't like it, but love bush albums, just give me another blaatz"
Ian442: "Its great a classic"
Spacebear: "Song it really bad, sucks even"
IronMaidenFan009: I can't believe some of you are actually saying this song is great? You must have brain damage or just be fucking deaf. Give me a break!
Social Distortion: "NOBODY GIVES A SHIT WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY MAIDEN FAN 09 SO JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP OR I WILL MAKE ANOTHER REPLY TO THE NEXT THING YOU SAY BECAUSE I DONT CARE THAT MUCH!!" And woops I forgot to put you on ignore in the first place

--------

Ahhh good times here on the Anthrax forums. Looks like The Damned Things influence with Fall Out boy is turning some of you into emo fags! Love it.

You forgot me, you cunt!!! I care so much that you forgot about me!!!! :cry:

Ah thanks. Didn't realize we had an ignore list. Now I won't have to scroll down a full-page just to get past someone's oversized vertical sig picture.

if you're wondering where the ignore list is, click "User CP" at the top left of the screen then scroll down a little and look for "Buddy / Ignore Lists" on the left side.

Youre the same type of pussy who would report folks to the forum-police to get someone banned.

Cant handle the heat get the fuck outta the kitchen. :Shedevil::Shedevil:

Youre the same type of pussy who would report folks to the forum-police to get someone banned.

Cant handle the heat get the fuck outta the kitchen. :Shedevil::Shedevil:

Nobody's trying to get anyone banned here, at least
I'm not. And there's no heat, barely a spark. Just annoying words.:D

Its funny how the same people that say "we don't care what you think" are giving me my own special thread. I feel so honored. And post after post in this thread is someone caring about what I say, so I really feel special. Keep up the good work. Maybe I can even make someones 'ignore' list.

Then maybe one day you can have only people that agree with everything you say on your non ignore list. That would make for some pretty interesting message forum discussions lol.

They would go something like this:

End of thread. (Closed)

But if you were to take the people that actually responded differently that you didn't have on your ignore list it would look more like this:

IronMaidenFan09: "Are you kidding me? This song is a joke, one of the most embarrassing things the band has ever done. What the fuck were they thinking? A former Thrash legend putting out this garbage? Fuck that
IronMaidenFan009: I can't believe some of you are actually saying this song is great? You must have brain damage or just be fucking deaf. Give me a break!
Social Distortion: "NOBODY GIVES A SHIT WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY MAIDEN FAN 09 SO JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP OR I WILL MAKE ANOTHER REPLY TO THE NEXT THING YOU SAY BECAUSE I DONT CARE THAT MUCH!!" And woops I forgot to put you on ignore in the first place

--------

Ahhh good times here on the Anthrax forums. Looks like The Damned Things influence with Fall Out boy is turning some of you into emo fags! Love it.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion but you give people the shits on here because you take hating music, just because you don't like it, to a whole new level and to the point that you have to keep repeating yourself to let us all know just how much you don't like it and most people on here don't appreciate that a lot of the time.

I for one couldn't care less that you and 5 other people (presumably blabbermouth posters) don't like the new Anthrax because it's not dated thrash metal, this is 2011 and its more modern sounding metal. If you wasn't so busy bashing the Bushthrax albums you might have noticed those albums aren't dated thrash either so instead of coming here and trolling this board and pissing us all off why don't you just go to boards of bands that you actually like and listen to music that you actually like!

I know i got better things to do than go troll the message boards of bands that i don't like and constantly express the same opinion's on why i hate them so much.

For me I've just been wondering why someone who has completely hated a band and everything they've done for the last 15 years still follows them on their board, I would have bailed a long time ago. And now you hate the new stuff too damn man just give up on this band already if you don't like them anymore. We regulars are so pumped about this album you just are always bringing everybody down. No disrespect to you man everyone knows I'm not about that, we all have opinions and I respect all but I understand why this thread was started.

For me I've just been wondering why someone who has completely hated a band and everything they've done for the last 15 years still follows them on their board.

I think it's called either:

a) not having much of a life,

or

b) having the mental capacity of a retarded goldfish.

Either way, it is fucking annoying.

End of thread. (Closed)

--------

Awww...why are you so butthurt at me though? :lol:

IMF09 is in no way a troll. abrasive but no troll.

Agreed. He's not a troll. He just thinks most people are stupid or retarded for liking certain kinds of music. :err:
I'm not a big fan of Maiden or Slayer, but i'm not going to bash anyone cause they are..

I never understood why some people that have been following a band for years, buying merchandise and going to their shows think a band "owes" it to the fans to put out a certain type of music. If Anthrax bowed down to Internet trolls demanding thrash circa 1987, I would have bailed on them long ago. The only thing they owe us is quality music that they're proud of. I think we're getting that soon.

IMfan, I understand you're not here to win a popularity contest. All you want to do is state your opinions and that's fine and I totally respect that. It's your delivery that's fucked. Let me give an example. I haven't liked a single LP by Slayer since Seasons. Maybe a song here or there. Let me rephrase that you're style: Slayer has put out garbage music since 1991, anyone who thinks so is missing a chromosome and must be an inbred.

The new anthrax songs sound modern because of modern recording and mixing techniques. The bass is present without the highs/treble slicing through everything. Rich mids too. If you have a problem with technology progressing, kill youself now.

IMfan, I understand you're not here to win a popularity contest. All you want to do is state your opinions and that's fine and I totally respect that. It's your delivery that's fucked. Let me give an example. I haven't liked a single LP by Slayer since Seasons. Maybe a song here or there. Let me rephrase that you're style: Slayer has put out garbage music since 1991, anyone who thinks so is missing a chromosome and must be an inbred.

Pretty much this.

I happen to share IMF09's pain. Anthrax are one of the forefathers of thrash and their output over the last 15 or so years has been disappointing to me as well. There are some bright spots (Crush, Poison My Eyes, SOWN album) but I also think WCFYA is completely unlistenable and Greater of Two Evils is bottom of the bargain bin fodder.

I've also voiced my opinion on what I think of Bush after the last two times I saw them. I wouldn't support them anymore if he was in the band.

When bands like Testament, Overkill, Exodus, Flotsam & Jetsam and Death Angel can put out albums that are just as heavy (or heavier) and (mostly) on par with their early material, I want Anthrax to do the same. It's not about making a "dated" album; it's about making an album that's strong enough to slide right next to STD, ATL and POT. Testament's "The Gathering" is not a dated album; it's probably their heaviest album and I believe it's probably the best thrash album. Period. It's not the recording quality, it's the hunger and quality of writing that some of us feel is lacking.

The Devil You Know sounds like 90's era 'thrax to me (which, in some people's words, would make it sound dated). I've yet to hear the entire album but there have been conflicting reviews from "people in the know" that have heard it. I want an old school thrash album from Anthrax and not the same old "formula" written songs that they've put out for the last 3 albums. It's not even about Joey vs John for me anymore, it's about getting an album that I like, which I'm sure they pine away thinking about every day of their lives.