Trouble for Chicago Powerfest

zinescene

Feb 11, 2002
Michigan
www.myspace.com
They are the ultimate in Power!!!! and would be a perfect fit for the Powerfest being from Chicago. Thier popular enough to headline and would keep travel expenses down so you could bring in another big name band!

Nope. Although they are a great band, there are two major issues...they are playing at the Pearl Room just 3 weeks prior...and secondly, believe it or not, they just don't draw significant enough numbers in the Chicago area.

Nope. Although they are a great band, there are two major issues...they are playing at the Pearl Room just 3 weeks prior...and secondly, believe it or not, they just don't draw significant enough numbers in the Chicago area.

Put them and 2 or 3 other quality bands together and it would be enough to get me to drive down from MIchigan. I saw them play BWBK a few years back and they were just unbelievable.

Put them and 2 or 3 other quality bands together and it would be enough to get me to drive down from MIchigan. I saw them play BWBK a few years back and they were just unbelievable.

They absolutely KILLED at BW/BK back in 03, that was an amazing
and very special night, I still get chills from it!

I was never a fan of Trouble, beleive it or not. It is funny how some local acts just dont draw localy but really good out of state. I used to work with one of the guy's in Trouble mom. She would never stop talking about them, maybe that is what grew my distaste for them.

Yeah, them playing locally weeks beforehand doesn't help... but at the same time, if they're not gonna put asses in the seats, so to speak, then it makes no sense. Still, a pretty damn good doom-based band.

I have grown fond of Trouble over the past couple years.
(Probably because my interest in doom has expanded).

I wrote them off for years, since my first exposure to them was seeing them open for Slayer at the Aragon where they almost got booed off stage!!!

Their early work through the S/T is stellar.
The more psychedelic material takes some getting used to, but I think they lost a lot of following in those years.

I am looking forward to their new album. For the amount of time it took to finally be released, I hope they plan on coming out strong.

I have grown fond of Trouble over the past couple years.
(Probably because my interest in doom has expanded).

I wrote them off for years, since my first exposure to them was seeing them open for Slayer at the Aragon where they almost got booed off stage!!!

What a shame. But then again, I can't imagine a band like Trouble opening for a band like Slayer. Personally, I love both bands, but that's just begging to get booed. :lol:

~C

What a shame. But then again, I can't imagine a band like Trouble opening for a band like Slayer. Personally, I love both bands, but that's just begging to get booed. :lol:

~C

Yeah, I think the label (Def Jam American) put the tour together, as it was Slayer, Danzig, and Trouble.

This year I read an interview with Kerry King where he mentions that night at the Aragon where people were chanting "SLAYER, SLAYER, SLAYER" during Trouble's set. :lol: That night, TROUBLE gained ZERO new fans......

The majority of Slayer's fans are very intolerant to opening bands.
This summer, at Unholy Alliance, you could almost hear crickets between songs during Children of Bodom's set. It was almost like watching them practice.

Yeah, that sucks! The exact same thing happened to Fates Warning when they opened for Pantera at the Vic on their Perfect Symmetry album I think it was. They got booed, and didn't come back until the APSOG tour after that.

Yeah, that sucks! The exact same thing happened to Fates Warning when they opened for Pantera at the Vic on their Perfect Symmetry album I think it was. They got booed, and didn't come back until the APSOG tour after that.

Yeah, but I bet more Slayer fans like Trouble than Pantera fans like FW.....
That's like leading lambs to the slaughter!

Yeah, but I bet more Slayer fans like Trouble than Pantera fans like FW.....
That's like leading lambs to the slaughter!

Hmmm...not sure about that...maybe. But then again, FW has more in common with Pantera than Trouble with Slayer. At least Phil did sing clean at one point, & if you've ever heard Pantera's stuff before Cowboys, you'd definitely agree...Phil sounded very much like Rob Halford throughout every song.

Then you have Trouble, who at one point was rumored to be a Christian metal band (especially around the time of that show) & Slayer...well, you know. ;)

Actually, this was right when Trouble got signed to American.
They were heading in more of the psych realm then.
They actually had a jew on drums in one Mr Barry Stern, which I always found interesting.

I have never heard old Pantera.

That is simply one band I could never get into. I will admit that the main guitar riff in "WALK" is one of the catchiest and grooviest riff ever....

The majority of Slayer's fans are very intolerant to opening bands.
This summer, at Unholy Alliance, you could almost hear crickets between songs during Children of Bodom's set. It was almost like watching them practice.

Unfortunately, there are lots of bands whose fans are intolerant to opening bands. Just ask my boyfriend. When Attacker and Fates Warning opened for Motorhead in '85 (I think), Bob got hit in the head with a flying bottle. He now has a permanent knot on his forehead that he proudly refers to as his "Motorhead." :lol: Poor FW didn't even make it through one song before they were practically chased offstage. They did get a personal visit from Lemmy, though. If you ever meet Bob, ask him to tell you the story. :)

~C

Unfortunately, there are lots of bands whose fans are intolerant to opening bands. Just ask my boyfriend. When Attacker and Fates Warning opened for Motorhead in '85 (I think), Bob got hit in the head with a flying bottle. He now has a permanent knot on his forehead that he proudly refers to as his "Motorhead." :lol: Poor FW didn't even make it through one song before they were practically chased offstage. They did get a personal visit from Lemmy, though. If you ever meet Bob, ask him to tell you the story. :)

~C

Ok, I will take the bait. Who is your boyfriend?