Truth about Opeth's albums

WTF is going on with Opeth board !!!! OMG :erk: !
This band doesn't deserve such fucking fans... So far, i have never seen a thread where no one has insulted the other and say that only their opinion that is right.. unless it's a boring thread !! The only "mature" (even tho there was insults and stuff) thread was made here was Faith and that other 'whos Christian here ' thread.

have you ever eaten chicken pot pie? especially with seasoned chicken, vegetables, and mmm damn that creamy sauce with the butter crusted outer layer. to hell with deserts, it's all about the CPP!

go chicken pot pie!

i love chicken pot pie, there are some good home-made ones in a town like 3 hours from here!

a thread about skateboards made by the DNA of Bob Dole > this thread.

I like Foo Fighters, beer, beef and snus.

I can't tell if he's trolling or being serious, so I'll wait with posting my comment on it.

...partly in response to threads bashing certain albums.

All of the Opeth albums in reality are not only up to par, but quite good!

Even some of the duller or less inspired moments are outshined by the awesomeness of the majority of esch album.

Personally I did not like some parts on 'Ghost Reveries' but the rest of the album is brilliant. Some of my favorite songs are 'Hours of Wealth' and 'Ghost of Perdition' although I don't care for some of the singing on songs like 'Ghost of Perdition'.

'Blackwater Park' is also a consistently amazing album though I didn't like some of the production and other minor issues.

'Deliverance' is much different than the earlier work but you cannot ignore the awesomness in the brutal 'Master's Apprentices' and 'Wreath' not to mention some of the mellow parts on this album are very good. Not a big fan of the title track although it is a great song.

etc.. etc...

Let me be the first to write a serious response.

I think the first two albums were masterpieces even with the crappy production, which to me, adds to the atmosphere.

Although MAYH has some really good moments, I believe that cd is overrated, simply for the reason that I personally can't just put it on and listen all the way through as I can with other Opeth cds.

Still Life has awesome production quality and most of the songs on it are great. Way better than MAYH, but still another one I can't listen to all the way through.

BWP is a decent cd, still an Opeth cd, with is evident but the music. This cd is the one I have listened to the least, even though it was the newest one when I first got into the band.

Deliverance is a masterpiece. I can listen to every song on the cd and then repeat them. There are so many unbelievable moments on that cd and every time I listen to it, I hear something I hadn't noticed before.

Damnation is another awesome cd. The only song off it that I don't like is track 3 (the name of which is eluding me right now). Closer and its abrupt ending is by far the best moments on the entire cd. I don't listen to them so much now, but when I hear this song, it reminds me what got me into them in the first place.

GR... well... This is where I started listening to them less. I simply couldn't get into this cd... I tried like a mofo, but simply couldn't. I think there are 3 decent songs on the whole cd.

Roadhouse Tapes is fuggin awesome. I love live music, and have seen them live 6 or 7 times, so I knew before I even got this that I would love it. I would say this is probably one of the best live cds ever released by any band with the exception of Genesis - Live (circa 1973).

And as far as Watershed goes, I have listened to the intros of all the songs, and one song in its entirety, but nothing really grabbed my attention making me want to hear more. That said, I can admit that I still haven't given Watershed a fair enough chance before I really opine.