Tunnelvision a another Prog Metal band!!!

Marre79

Metal,& only Metal
Hi there, guy's & gal's you just have to check this one out!

Tunnelvision, excelent Prog Metal band from Finland! I just managed to get my hand's on a promo-CD, of they're new fortcoming album called "Tomorrow" 2nd album from them. It's filled with fucking heavy riffs man! I almost fell of the chair, when I put it on my CD-player, & heard the first two songs!!! :headbang: :headbang:

Tunnelvision kick ass. You can tell they have a Dream theater influence on "Tomorrow". Great production, heavy riffs, although the singer isnt for everyone. I happen to like him alot.

They also have a CD titled "While the world awaits" but its not nearly as heavy as "Tomorrow".

UGGG I did a blind poorchoice on this one and have been kicking myself since. Worse 12 bucks ive ever spent on music. Musically its not too bad if they can actually get to the point on most songs, the lyrics are horrible and cheesy, and the singing makes my sac shrink. eek!

Tunnelvision has the drummer from Thunderstone... I only know this because I happened to be poking through his website last night. I've never heard Tunnelvision, but I do like Thunderstone.

I saw them on the same tour, in Nurnberg. I was impressed enough to get the CD, which is pretty good - they have maturing to do, but worth the listen. Their new CD comes out in January, I think. I keep hoping they'll magically appear as one of the openers at the next ProgPower.

Very very funny guys, too. I have pictures of the guitarist doing all sorts of silly things with Easter toys and beer cans.

jaimek said:
I saw them on the same tour, in Nurnberg. I was impressed enough to get the CD, which is pretty good - they have maturing to do, but worth the listen.
LOL! Maturing to do? Thunderstone are top notch, regardless of only having 1 CD under wraps right now.

They are tight, great musicians, and have great melodies, and a solid production.

So I guess, what Im saying is, I think your way off.

You make it sound like I hate them or something. All I said is they have some maturing to do, which is true. I think as time goes by, they'll only get better.

jaimek said:
You make it sound like I hate them or something. All I said is they have some maturing to do, which is true. I think as time goes by, they'll only get better.
True? That would be a matter of OPINION.

Drumr - get the stick out of your ass, will you?

Serge - they're most frequently compared to Strato and Sonata Arctica, but while they do have some hints of both in their music, they pretty much do their own thing. It's definitely worth the seven bucks.

jaimek said:
Drumr - get the stick out of your ass, will you?

Serge - they're most frequently compared to Strato and Sonata Arctica, but while they do have some hints of both in their music, they pretty much do their own thing. It's definitely worth the seven bucks.

I was going to pick this disc up but if they are compared to these two bands then I definitely won't! Thanks for the warning!

Liquid Tension said:
I was going to pick this disc up but if they are compared to these two bands then I definitely won't! Thanks for the warning!
Dude they're not. They just happen to be in the Power Metal category. They definately have their own sound, and style but its power metal none the less. Put it this way, I'm not a fan of Sonata Arctica (sound to generic to me), and I think Strato is very bland and generic too, but I LOVE Thunderstone!

If you're interested in a 1 sample mp3 (full song 192 bitrate) lemme know.