u think cob are overrated?

?

• y

Votes: 38 29.2%
  • n

Votes: 92 70.8%

• Total voters
Metallica once said it would be cool to tour with Limp Bizkit. Well, that's nothing compared to Alexi saying he'd love to tour with Slipknot. I couldn't believe my ears. C'mon, core metal (or whatever it is)? Maybe they're just planning to go out there to show who's who and win some fans (and money).

Or maybe it's because Alexi likes Slipknots music (he said Vol 3 is one of his fav albums)
Even Kerry King said the bands he likes to listen are Pantera and Slipknot.

CoB aren't overrated. They are all great musicians and they deserve all the attention they are getting.

Or maybe it's because Alexi likes Slipknots music (he said Vol 3 is one of his fav albums)
Even Kerry King said the bands he likes to listen are Pantera and Slipknot.

Oh Ok I didn't know that. I only read that he thought that was a good idea to accpet to tour with them to play on bigger venues. But thanx for the info ;)

Well his opinions seem to change a lot, sometime before Slipknots VOL 3 he seemed to hate Slipknot, after VOL 3 he it was listed on his favorite albums in the biography, but now after the updates, it's gone again. :p

Being overrated isn't that much of a big deal. If you like the music, listen to it. I find Dimmu Borgir very overrated, but still, I like their music.

Ok, I don't really know what I try to achieve by posting this... Higher post count? Yay! :]

I chose "n", since no, I don't think CoB are overrated.
I think sometimes it's just the opposite... I often happened to see people who don't know their music, or just don't like it that much, talking sh*t of the band without a reason. We shouldn't judge without "getting to know" first, I think.

It's all a matter of opinion. :)
Indeed, +1.

A band can;t be overrated if they are selling 1,000,000 records world wide. You;re just the small percent of people who don;t like them.

Not true at all. Shit bands can get to sell thousands of records (either living on a past name like Metallica's St. Anger or just having been shit all their career), but that doesn't make them good.

Objectively, yes they are MASSIVELY overrated. However being overrated does not mean you can't be a good band.

Objectively, you're stupid. They are not near to being overrated, so no way they are MASSIVELY overrated. They compose great music, they are great musicians, they do their stuff great, they tour their asses off and do it good and they've really worked on it. They're not like for example Slipknot now that we have them close who have made 3 records, have based their show on a human circus and have loads of promotion and are already headlining big festivals and playing stadiums. Children Of Bodom worked a lot on their demos, they pulled out a brilliant debut and continued making kickass CDs, and step by step they made their career and their reputation. Nothing was given for them for free, I don't see how this is being overrated.

They're not. As you said, they deserve the attention they're getting because they actually WORKED for it. Once they start to become really popular, because people like the MUSIC, everyone has to go off about how they're not as talented as people claim. It's BS.

If you were to ask me if I thought Alexi was overrated, I would say yes. Even though he isn't a virtuoso or some shred god he is made out to be, he DOES write better songs than any of those other "shred gods", which is more important anyways. However, I do not think the band is (as children of COB has already covered) overrated. They have written great songs and have been together for over ten years now.

Objectively, you're stupid. They are not near to being overrated, so no way they are MASSIVELY overrated. They compose great music, they are great musicians, they do their stuff great, they tour their asses off and do it good and they've really worked on it. They're not like for example Slipknot now that we have them close who have made 3 records, have based their show on a human circus and have loads of promotion and are already headlining big festivals and playing stadiums. Children Of Bodom worked a lot on their demos, they pulled out a brilliant debut and continued making kickass CDs, and step by step they made their career and their reputation. Nothing was given for them for free, I don't see how this is being overrated.

but there are other bands who do it better and are not nearly as repetitive as cob (think i already gave dt as an example somewhere in this thread)

^i pretty much like every other "melodic death" band i know better than cob... in flames (until reroute), amon amarth (even though they are repetitive as fuck, too), dt, arch enemy......................................................................................................................................what i mean is that too many of COB's songs sound the same

edit: even though arch enemies vocals with gossow suck pretty much major black afro american tool... i liked liiva much better, talking about liiva his one-album band nonexist was pretty much cooler than cob as well.. oh and alexi's vocals arent too great either
=\