Ulrich.VS Lombardo

Whos better?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lars cant use double kick any more; his work on albums like Justice is fantastic though.

Has anyone heard Dyers Eve when they played it live a couple of times, he doesnt even do the double kick in the verse, and it's not even that quick.

Lombardo by far. He was solid enough on the classic Metallica albums, but Ulrich couldn't even dream of rocking an album the way Lobardo carried South of Heaven, or Reign in Blood for that matter. I'm not a drummer, though, so I could be missing something about Ulrich, but he always seemed merely good--very energetic and enthusiastic--but very limited in his technique and ideas. And maybe I'm being negatively influenced by his douchebag personality.

Lombardo. Not only did he drum for proably one of the most well known metal band ever, he also worked on the Testament album "The Gathering". So not one but two big name trash bands this man has done work for. Sure Ulrich played for Metallica and all that jazz, but how many times does his name come up in conversations about unique inovative drummers.

I definetly enjoy Lars' drumming on the old albums but Lombardo is King of Drums. Just listen to Silent Scream or Seasons in the Abyss...

I definetly enjoy Lars' drumming on the old albums but Lombardo is King of Drums. Just listen to Silent Scream or Seasons in the Abyss...

That drumming really isnt that special. Lombardo is good but far from anything great. He is fast, has awesome fills and good ideas for songs which makes then so much better; but so was Lars; the drumming on Justice is far more verstaile than anything Lombardo has done with Slayer.

I agree with Dan. We Lars fans are few and far between. I mean don't get me wrong, Lombardo is obviously an excellent drummer, fits Slayer perfectly and has made it so anyone else but him just doesn't do it right for that band. Same goes for Lars in Metallica. However, early Metallica just stands out to me more. Lars style was just unique and very very catchy. I don't know how the fuck he came up with some rhythms, or how he set up his arrangements, but god they are awesome. Lars is tied for #1 as my favorite drummer.

Status
Not open for further replies.