Ultra Simple, Super Effective Riffs

Perfect simple riff to ensure total dread death.

not a big big fan of this one actually. I appreciate the efforts to make it less bluesy and more obscure with the harmonies etc... but it still comes across as a Jack Owen smoked weed one night and was jammin generic blues songlets and this came out.

I'd add rather, and pardon the blasphemy of comparing death metal to nu-metal, but "It's On" from KoRn. Can't take away nu-metal buildups before all hell breaks loose away from em, they do it well KoRn. And the main riff: 3 notes. If you grab your guitar and you play it, it's NOTHING. And the riff is destructive

Reactions: Sophii
not a big big fan of this one actually. I appreciate the efforts to make it less bluesy and more obscure with the harmonies etc... but it still comes across as a Jack Owen smoked weed one night and was jammin generic blues songlets and this came out.

I'd add rather, and pardon the blasphemy of comparing death metal to nu-metal, but "It's On" from KoRn. Can't take away nu-metal buildups before all hell breaks loose away from em, they do it well KoRn. And the main riff: 3 notes. If you grab your guitar and you play it, it's NOTHING. And the riff is destructive

KoRn do an awesome job at making simple effective riffs. If Jonathan Davis didnt have such a fucking nasally voice and emo lyrics I would enjoy them more.

tumblr_mc3mapdoxa1rdsiguo4_500.gif

Reactions: Sophii