Ulver_Perdition City

BlueSky

New Metal Member
Apr 27, 2006
This is what ulver is capable of. It's really a dark ghostly trip. I've owned all the ulver(non bm up till blood inside) albums, and sold them besides this one. Maybe I just didn't really give them a fair shot, but after listening to perdition city it feels like a let down. I know there are some big ulver fans on here so do explain your personal opinions. Also hows the new cd?

garm however is no doubt a genuis :worship:

i ironically am listening to blood inside atm, its different but very good. But perdition city, holy crap, i love that album.

yea thats all i got

ive been to enthralled with katatonia/porcupine tree purchases atm i had to find the shadows of the sun online, ive only listened to it once, whilst i was reading, its good mellow laid back music. nothing stuck in my head after the initial listen but its good.

Perdition City is my favorite later-era Ulver release. I'm still digesting Shadows of the Sun so I can't really give an opinion on it at this time. Bergtatt will probably always be my favorite Ulver album overall though.

my two favourite Ulver releases are Bergtatt and Thems From William Blakes Marriage Of Heaven & Hell. Perdition City is quite good too

I was joking...guess I shoulda added one of these :p Thought you woulda got that though. Anyhow so yeah do explain..

Yes, the new Ulver "Shadows of the sun" is really great, especially "EOS" and the Black Sabbath cover "Solitude"... But Perdition City is also a great album, i love it ! :loco:

the new album is really good- vigil is a haunting, wonderful song. does anyone know any other ulver albums with more of an emphasis on garm's great voice, rather than the music itself. i cant really get into the electronic stuff alone - i need the vocal work as well.