UM Fantasy Football League IV

Jay Cutler gets 374 yds + 2 TDs - 1 INT = 82 pts? QB scoring is way off. So everything comes down to how a QB performs...:Smug:

It's pretty obvious to me you didn't actually look over how the scoring works in this league before the season started. I specifically mentioned to everyone before joining the league to make sure you do your homework and understand how the league operates, and if you had any ideas, suggestions, or complaints, let me know. No one had any beef with the scoring rules then, so I don't know what to tell you.

I mentioned it last year and I thought it was the same, so I figured I couldn't persuade you to change it.

For example

RB1

20 Rush Attempts
50 Yards
4 Receptions
10 Receiving Yards

RB2

10 Rush Attempts
100 Rush Yards
1 Rush Touchdown
2 Receptions
20 Receiving Yards

RB1 = 30 points (60 total yds)
RB2 = 30 points (120 total yds + 1 touchdown)

Do you see the problem?

Why the fuck does it matter?

We are all going by the same point system, so in comparison the amount of points isn't as important ( because it is fair ) as who you start and when.

What is the difference between my qb getting 90 and yours getting 80 compared to another league where my qb gets 50 and yours gets 40?

It's 10 points regardless.

and NO it's not luck, your qb had a good statistical game, and consider there are no neg points - Shudaup!

Because it was a six-player player deal. You benefited from the other part.

Yeah I didn't. Ronnie Brown is injury prone and Ricky Williams will end up starting, which means I'd be down a running back. The only benefit of that trade would be getting Calvin Johnson because he was obviously the only deal I was getting there. Offering Cutler for Manning when my backup is CHAD FUCKING HENNE is not equitable. And please, don't offer the same trade again because I will kill you

I mentioned it last year and I thought it was the same, so I figured I couldn't persuade you to change it.

For example

RB1

20 Rush Attempts
50 Yards
4 Receptions
10 Receiving Yards

RB2

10 Rush Attempts
100 Rush Yards
1 Rush Touchdown
2 Receptions
20 Receiving Yards

RB1 = 30 points (60 total yds)
RB2 = 30 points (120 total yds + 1 touchdown)

Do you see the problem?

I see what you're saying, but the problem is I don't play in non-ppr leagues, because they're lame. I understand because of what you just described is exactly why others don't like ppr leagues because they are only interested in actual production instead of kudos for "effort." The problem I have with that is when you get boom or bust players who totally jewfuck you like there's no tomorrow. For example:

I spend a first round draft pick on a guy who is a #1 running back and he averages 20 attempts and but only 70 yards a game. In a non-ppr league, his backup could come in as relief to said #1 rb and amasses like 60 yards on two boom plays, then your early draft pick on the primary back was a complete waste. PPR leagues balance out boom or bust players by basically giving them their due as the workhorse at that particular position, otherwise it's all just a guessing game because any one player could blow up in a particular game and the next week be complete shit. Basically what I'm saying is, non-ppr leagues are annoying as hell and imo not fair.

Also, the reason quarterbacks in this league score so many points is because of how the bonus points are set up. That, and I took out all negative points for each position because I have a hard time trying to justify how much an interception should be worth versus a fumble, and then how much a lost fumble should cost, etc. The QB position is the most important and most difficult position to play in the NFL, therefore they are awarded the most points. Running backs, specifically workhorse backs, are becoming more rare each season. This is a simple case of economics where the supply of workhorse backs is far less than the demand, therefore their stock rises making them more valuable, thus they score you more points.

I have only played PPR and I can't imaging playing otherwise. Seems like it would be much more boring.

The scoring is fair because it is the same across the board. Plus, if a team's RB is averaging 2.5 yards per carry, they may be less likely to keep giving it to him.

EDIT: King, what happened to Simms-Walker? I had him last year. He helped some mid to late season, but seemed to reayy drop off in reliability. I was thinking it was because the Jags sucked.

It seems like you guys just want a fun league with little strategy and football intellect involved based on the scoring system and the current discussion which is fine. I guess I just enjoy more competitive leagues.

Cae, I apologize, I was wrong.

Getting 30 points for 30 rushing attempts is retarded.

but fuck it, it kind of balances it out and I don't give a shit to nip pick every detail of this league.

Just have fun man.