Umskiptar

I find it quite boring. Some songs sound like b-tracks from Belus, and others sound like what you would hear from a kid who just discovered the delay pedal in a Guitar Center. I find some of his transitions to be absolutely amateur as he'll have this huge reverb sound go dead silent without any fading in the middle of a song. Very annoying.

Other than that, it's not a bad album, it's just so "meh".

There isn't much to say about it. Aside from the concept, and metaphor there of, surrounding it the lp really doesn't manage to achieve much.

I like it, don't love it. Conceptually it is interesting and the way it gradually decellerates is interesting. There at least four absolutely killer tracks ( tracks 2, 4, 7). "Golden Age" is really beautiful song. Reminds me of Ulver's Kveldsanger. Some of the songs near the end are a little laborious, but work for me when I'm in the right mood. On the whole I would say better than Fallen, worse than Belus.

Varg is like a metal version of Kurt Cobain or something.

Not perfect, but the brilliant moments are absolutely brilliant - but isn't this the case with every Burzum album?

I've found his direction post-incarceration very "ethnic", but this seems "correct" and natural given the kind of person he is.

In summary - don't expect a perfect Burzum record. None of them are perfect anyway. But they each have a collection of stellar pieces on each of them.

Considering how fast he's putting those albums out, I think the level is high. I fear it will drop however if he doesn't slow down a bit.

I've heard a lot of negative things about it, and if you start listening it expecting black metal, of course you'll be disappointed...
But as for the music itself, it is fantastic, I love it. I love the simplicity, it gives a lot of emphasis to the lyrics. Ancient and beautiful.
My favorite song on the album is either Deities or Elven Dance. They have such a nice folksy fairy-tale-esque vibe to them.
Can't wait for more Burzum albums.