Umy's interesting facts

Which team is placed above Hungary in the FIFA World Rankings?

• Zambia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Honduras

• Uzbekistan

• Trinidad and Tobago

• Guatemala

• Thailand

• Angola

• Jamaica

• China

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • ALL!

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters

IRoN

FE
Apr 17, 2001
Istanbul, TURKEY
Did you know that Turkey is currently ranked 22 in the official FIFA World Rankings?
And did you know that Belgium is 23rd, breathing the fresh dust from Turkish heels? :s
And did you know that Hungary is placed at the 67th spot, far away from the faintest glimmer of hope? :lol:
Oh, and please do participate in the poll, it is completely based on the official ranking that can be found at http://www.fifa.com/rank/index_E.html
Period.

Originally posted by Eclipse

what the hell did you do for that? Win 25 friendlies against Benin?

Certainly not friendlies... We have one or two wins in friendlies in the last 5 years :)

Btw, Sweden-Senegal has turned out to be an awesome match. Turn on your TV immediately!

Originally posted by Eclipse
ah !!! this explains all, Umut, there must have been a mistake. Your correct place is number 200. You see, right after Guam and the Virgin Islands :D :D

How sad, that even with the help from others, you could nonly make it so far. :cry:

:lol:
help from the Caicos eh?
that was a nice one

One of the turkish teams had signed the coach of senegal.(was it g.antep?)
He has done a good job and I hope he can continue his success with his new team.:)

Originally posted by Evilho
Pah :rolleyes:

1. Uzbekistan is NOT ahead of Hungary! We SHARE the 67th spot :mad: Stupid ezik :mad: :mad:

2. Boo stupid Hungary, 3x Olympic Winners, 2x World Cup runners-up; hail to mighty Turkey, 1-time FIFA rankings 22nd place! :err: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D well it was funny, even though i'm turkish.

but what's funnier is that we don't live in past; and in present, the world press writes about turkey's current success, not hungary's past ones :D

;)

Yeah that's true but:
1. Today's succeses become past in no time
2. What the recent fuck should I talk about? Our wonderful Hungary 1 Belorussia 5 match? :D

+1 Even though we suck since the change of government, I don't think any of us would be proud of a #22 spot on any kind of ranking :p Now THAT's the real funny thing :D

then i should be proud of my mighty team galatasaray and the performance of gala's players like hasan sas

in fact i don't think success in football is something to be proud of.

I thought and decided that we are unfair to ivy and hungary..The past is past but he can be proud of that so what is abnormal about it???
I think he has the right to talk about it.:)
Football has a history and hungary have a success in that history's pages..

First off, I didn't say Uzbekistan is ranked higher than Hungary. Uzbekistan was just one of the options and you didn't have to select it. Anyway, I'm sorry if I've caused any humiliation to Hungary against their arch rival :heh: :p

Second, I'm not proud of a 22nd place in FIFA rankings. I just use that as a means of comparison between Turkey, Belgium, and Hungary. Got it? :)

And finally, of course Baris is right. You can't sweep the past glories aside and only speak of the present. And it's true that Turks are not one of the commanding forces of football even as of now. But admitting that would spoil the fun of all the mocking and teasing, right? :D :)

I think it's generally stupid to be proud of a football team but it's perfectly understandable at the same time :confused:
As a fan you are one with your club and so it's all personal (not talking about the national teams here).
As for the national teams, well, sure it's not you kicking the ball down the field but it can make you proud. It's prestige. It's no different than how things are with the Olympics. You win the gold, you feel so good even though you haven't even heard about that kind of sport your fellow just proved to be the best. Nothing wrong about that. :)

Thanks Baris though this all was just for teasing. I'm sorry that in the end Umy took it so serious (what he'll surely deny ;) ) :cool: Although this thread was the kind of reply I was hoping for. What's wrong with laughing at each other.

Originally posted by IRoN
First off, I didn't say Uzbekistan is ranked higher than Hungary. Uzbekistan was just one of the options and you didn't have to select it.

The poll showed 5 people have answered 'ALL', which includes Uzbekistan. That comment was for all the eziks who clicked there :mad:

Second, I'm not proud of a 22nd place in FIFA rankings. I just use that as a means of comparison between Turkey, Belgium, and Hungary. Got it? :)

No problem with that. I have my own means of comparison too :lol: :D

But admitting that would spoil the fun of all the mocking and teasing, right? :D :)

So why have you admitted :cry:
On the other hand, do I deny anything about the present? :p