Underground Black Metal

Son Of Sin

New Metal Member
Aug 30, 2002
Swe
Visit site
I´m very interrested in (norwegian) underground black metal bands like Isengard, Ulver and Carpathian Forest I don´t if they are underground enough

plz recommend more bands !!!!!

Ok, "Taake" for example, don't know if they're still that underground, but i like 'em. They just got a new album out called "...Bjoergvin...", but you could try the one before that called"Nattestid ser porten vid" (i hope it's spelled right),that one is a bit more raw than the new one ;)
"Kampfar" is great too, try to get "mellom skogkledde aaser",brilliant!
Did you ever hear anything from Dödheimsgard,just got a Cd burned from 'em, and i think they aren't too bad, sounds a bit like the first Borknagar release ;)

Well that were 3 that just came into my mind:)

Their next two releases "Satanic Art" and "666 International" are amazing. Possibly the best thing that happened to black metal these last few years.

Also you may want to check out Thorns and their self-titled album (I don't know if they are underground but they are great)

Are you looking for soley Norwegian BM? Cuz there is a band from Minnesota (not my band) that subscribes to the "True" black metal sound-bees in a jar, and they have the corpsepaint, and have guys from the Church of Satan onstage w/them and shit. Theyre pretty good for that type of thing. I personally prefer a little more melodicism, but it's good stuff nonetheless. It's even got a tinge of German thrash in there too. Better off as a live act though, IMHO.

Try www.teratism666.com and check it out.

If you are open to Poland, I strongly recommend Graveland. If you want REALLY underground black metal, check out Veles.

I dont know if they are considered underground (Since I rarely give a shit about Black Metal) but Impiety from Singapore are one of the best BM bands I know.In the same "No keyboard bullshit" vein as Marduk,Dark Funeral etc. but far superior.
Plus,their best album is called Skullfucking Armageddon.If thats not enough of a reason to buy it,I dont know what is...