Underrated musicians in metal.....

Please.. technically any guitarist from today including Chastain can play better then Blackmore...

You wish :lol:
Blackmore's clean as a whistle and has an easily identifiable style.
The trick with Ritchie is that he's very rhytmical and has many accentuated notes, whereas modern gunslingers tend to focus more on speed and agility than musicality itself. The devil is in the details, my friend :headbang:

That's the reason you'll hear fast and clear solos all around you, but most are made of boring and forgettable practice "up and down" schemes. The musical players (like Loomis or LaRocque, for example) tend to use their awesome technique as a tool to express their wild and rich musical imagination.

but anyways I think he's a great guitarist who is underrated and the albums Ruler of the Wasteland and 7th Of Never are awesome...

Albums are, he really can write a great song.
If you like him fine by me, but I don't see him as underrated at all, a very average and forgettable player.
I see you've mentioned Lynch... I wouldn't call someone with 10 different signature guitar models by ESP underrated ;)

Here are some real masters of guitar, not sure if they were mentioned:
Larry Barragan and Andre Corbin of Helstar!
Their playing on Nosferatu and in Helstar in general is outstanding! :worship:

Joey Vera - Fates Warning/Armored Saint - Simply a great bassist (very tasteful) and songwriter.

Jim Matheos - Fates Warning - Incredibly tasteful yet intricate guitar work. The only way I can describe a lot of his brilliant songwriting and guitar work is "complexity within simplicity".

Honorable mentions: Rich Ward - (Fozzy / Stuck Mojo),

QUOTE]

totally with you there.i helped fates warning out at a london show last year,not only were they fantastic guys,but thier playing,both jims and joeys,blew me away.....plus they had bobby jarzombek playing drums for them,who really is totally awesome.

as for rich ward.he is the king of tone...absolutely fantastic guitarist,incredibly underrated.

if you guys want to check out a guitarist none of you have never even probably considered,check out mick murphy,from my ruin.he has a metal instrumental side prject called neanderthal....he is simply brilliant.

The underrated member of Fates Warning is Frank Aresti, not Jim Matheos.

As for bassist, honorable mentions are Jim Schumacher (Brocas Helm) and Keith Menser (Mystic Force).

The underrated member of Fates Warning is Frank Aresti, not Jim Matheos.

As for bassist, honorable mentions are Jim Schumacher (Brocas Helm) and Keith Menser (Mystic Force).

but mark zonder was the best musician in fates warning