Who is the most underrated musician ?

nataservant said:
I know you guys will detest this but I feel Steve Douglas and Peter Lee from GWAR are underrated. I mean the band pretty much play ever style of music imaginable and yet people give them shit. The guitarists can attune their playing to whatever style they want and they can shred at times.
I can actually agree with this. They actually are damn good guitarists. And this was confirmed when I finally saw them live a few months ago.

AntonCrowley_16 said:
Burton C. Bell....he's a great singer.
Agreed :D

AntonCrowley_16 said:
Steve Harris
Now matter how well known he is, he will always be underrated, that's how awesome he is!! :worship: :headbang:

I would also like to add Urban Breed (Tad Morose), Russell Allen (Symphony X), Michael Romeo (Symphony X), Andreas Kisser (Sepultura) and the guitarist from Vanden Plas.

I also agree concering Robert Lowe of Solitude Aeternus. The man's vocals are just amazing! They captivate you & take you on a ride, for sure.

I also think Andy LaRoque is underrated in the sense that he still appears to be "under the radar".

To me LaRocque, Dehnner and Shermann all of them are severely underrated. I mean everybody praises Mercyfu Fate and King Diamond, and debates are always around King's vocals, make-up and lyrics. But I seldom see discussions about his guitar players qualities, and frankly after hearing Force Of Evil debut I more convinced of the high quality of Shermann/Dehnner. As for LaRocque, check also Death "Individual Thought Patterns" and see.

Wicked Child said:
But perhaps th most underrated axemen in metal are Andre Corbin and Larry Barragan of Helstar. Holy fuck on a stick, can they WAIL!!

Amen to that!
Just that instrumental piece from "Nosferatu" can prove any sceptic wrong!
It's ingenious, kinda reminds me of Vinnie Moore's style...