United States Katatonia fans?

BillowOfZeal said:
I agree, and the ass kissing thing was pretty strong. I was just in "that mood" if you know what I'm saying. I was mainly taking up for the likes of
Acid Bath, Neurosis, Mastodon...etc..

I know what you mean(I think). Neurosis isn't American, I LOVE Neurosis as well! But if you want to mention more amazing American bands besides the ones we mentioned in our posts then Deftones, A Perfect Circle & TOOL are probably more bands you would want to name. Go check out the three non-typical American bands that I mentioned in my post, those are American bands you want to be proud of!

New to the Katatonia board, actually new to the band. I just picked up Viva Emptiness and am totally digging it. I have heard about them but never actually picked anything up unitl I read a review of this one.

I live right outside of Milwaukee, you had mentioned about US fans.

What should I pick up next by them? I love hearing new bands and even more so when they are actually good.:)

Could someone tell me the Opeth connection? I don't feel like roaming all of the millions of posts to find it.

Thanks!!

Dreamingneonblack, pick up Last Fair Deal Gone Down next, then Tonight's Decision and Discouraged Ones. And if you like slow, doom/black metal pick up the first releases Brave Murder Day and Dance of December Souls. And no Katatonia collection would be complete without the Saw You Drown, Teargas, and Tonight's Music singles... and some other EPs like Meth, For Funerals To Come, and one I can't remember the name of... it's a brown digipack?

-'Evil' Vince

EvilVince said:
Dreamingneonblack, pick up Last Fair Deal Gone Down next, then Tonight's Decision and Discouraged Ones. And if you like slow, doom/black metal pick up the first releases Brave Murder Day and Dance of December Souls. And no Katatonia collection would be complete without the Saw You Drown, Teargas, and Tonight's Music singles... and some other EPs like Meth, For Funerals To Come, and one I can't remember the name of... it's a brown digipack?

-'Evil' Vince

Thanks EVIL- I will pick those first two you mentioned for sure and go from there. Thanks for the recommendation. I still can't get Viva out of my player. The prodcuction on that bad boy is beautiful and nothing gets me harder than a good production.

I read about the Opeth connection, but how do those sound with Michael singing? Does he use the cookie monster vocal or his clean one?
Are those two cd's awesome as well?

:)

Yeah, Akerfeldt uses the death metal vocals. Brave Murder Day, is great, EPIC, essential. But I could never get into Dance of December Souls... to slow and doom for me... like My Dying Bride or something.

-'Evil' Vince

Well, I am an American. I listen to Katatonia. Let's face it, the European metal scene is much more exciting than the US one right now. They put real passion into their music, instead of being in it for a fast buck. Hm, maybe that will change with our generation. Not that all American metal is trash, there are still quite a few good bands, but they are all underground bands. The American mainstream mainly consists of bands like Linkin Park, Korn, Limp Bizkit, and the rest of that shit. You can't even compare that type of music to European metal bands. It's embarassing.

Hello spikes77 I am a good friend of shogonaut
so I will answer for him since I live kind of close to him we both live along the 4 train and the D train, he lives near 170 and I am on fordham road. Its good to hear that we arent the only katatonia fans here.

Ohh yes about the american bands there is only a handfull of good ones like shogonaut said to my surprise my favorite band of all time is american, the great Garden of Shadows, then every other favorite band of mines is sweedish.

Hey ya'll my first message. I'm a fan from Los Angeles, but currently attend UC Santa Barbara.
Yeah, European Metal is the shiznit too bad it has not caught on here :erk: Because of all the cock rock that dominates the airwaves here :yell: I like Katatonia, Paradise Lost :headbang: , and Opeth.
But as a proud American I support GOOD American metal acts like PanterA:headbang:, Slayer, Iced Earth stuff like that. But there are so few compared to the European bands there are so many many of them.

Peace!