Universal tracklist and artwork

what about the band's official blog statement :p

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=98475195&blogId=520014425

i've been waiting for them to post it here too, but fans seem to be quicker :lol:

about the cover: fantastic!!! notice how the Urnes stavkirke motifs can be seen in the texture of the Earth! I love it how you guys never fail in combining Future and Past, Cosmos and Pagan Earth, i guess that's why i soooooo love your music!!! ♥

Great artwork.

But... Only 8 tracks? Does that mean the album will have only 45-50min?
Sure, I rather choose Quality over Quantity, but and extra/bonus track would be welcomed... :)

I'll stay tuned to see the LP infos, I believe I've read in another thread it would be an 'extended version' of the album...

For people who hate clicking links:
BORKNAGAR’s upcoming album UNIVERSAL will be launched for a worldwide release the 22nd. of February 2010 through Indie Recordings.

Comment about the artwork: “We are really proud to finally reveal the cover for UNIVERSAL. It has been a long process to circle in and establish the perfect visual approach for this album. A cover that is able to visually represent the album. We firmly believe that we have achieved that with the new cover and the general designs (including CD, CDL, LP and CD BOX) represent nothing less.”

BORKNAGAR_UNIVERSAL_COVER.jpg

UNIVERSAL track list:
1. Havoc
2. Reason
3. The Stir of Seasons
4. For a Thousand Years to Come
5. Abrasion Tide
6. Fleshflower
7. Worldwide
8. My Domain (featuring guestvocals by I.C.S Vortex)

Awesome artwork!
"Fleshflower" sounds really dirty. :D
Back in March there were 11 songs planned for Universal, are those going to be bonus songs on the special edition?

The artwork is just amazing!!! The new album is sure to be a Universal Blast!!! Love the tracklisting too. Really powerfull song titles that can only conclude to a big success! Really but really can't wait!!!

Ok, 1st things 1st-

The artist is a guy by the name of Marcello Vasco. He is based in Brazil and does what I think is the most amazing artwork Ive seen to date. His eye for detail is 2nd to NONE.

The box edition of the album will have the bonus tracks. I cant reveal the titles of any other info. yet regarding the extras but I can assure you that the packaging that has been put together for this effort in all of the different formats is really just amazing.

Also, since Ive seen comments today regarding "My Doman", realise that it is not a duet. Vortex is singing this piece by himself.

Realise that this album is really going to change your perspective on Borknagar. It did for me. Along with you guys, I am a huge fan, who also happens to play drums for Bork, but the material on this record is for a listener who wants to feel one big Universal sum of what the previous art has evolved into......I cant really describe it better than that. You guys wouldnt be here if you werent loyal fans obviously, and I feel as a fan myself, that this record is what you, the fans deserve and have waited for......... and then some.

To the dude a few lines above who is counting down the days until the release, thats awesome haha. Metal!!!

Ok, 1st things 1st-

The artist is a guy by the name of Marcello Vasco. He is based in Brazil and does what I think is the most amazing artwork Ive seen to date. His eye for detail is 2nd to NONE.

The box edition of the album will have the bonus tracks. I cant reveal the titles of any other info. yet regarding the extras but I can assure you that the packaging that has been put together for this effort in all of the different formats is really just amazing.

Also, since Ive seen comments today regarding "My Doman", realise that it is not a duet. Vortex is singing this piece by himself.

Realise that this album is really going to change your perspective on Borknagar. It did for me. Along with you guys, I am a huge fan, who also happens to play drums for Bork, but the material on this record is for a listener who wants to feel one big Universal sum of what the previous art has evolved into......I cant really describe it better than that. You guys wouldnt be here if you werent loyal fans obviously, and I feel as a fan myself, that this record is what you, the fans deserve and have waited for......... and then some.

To the dude a few lines above who is counting down the days until the release, thats awesome haha. Metal!!!

were all counting down. Bork has some very very loyal fans. You couldn't have joined a better band. I can't think of another band that constantly surprises me on every release the way bork does.

Amazing, simply amazing!

I feel this will be the best Borknagar album ever! :headbang:

And Vortex has a song just for himself! I think that is something very nice, it feels like a 'thank you' on both parts (band and Vortex) for the previous years. (Awwwww.)

Thanks for the info Dave!

I love the names of the titles, it seems like the band really wanted to grasp every Borknagar stage, both old and new. Fleshflower sounds awesome :p (really). I specially like the names 'For a Thousand Years to Come', 'Abrasion Tide' and 'Worldwide'.

Abrasion: Abrade (verb, trans.) Scrape or wear away by friction or erosion. A landscape slowly abraded by a fine, stinging dust.
Origin late 17th Cent.: From Latin abradere, from ab- 'away, from' + radere 'to scrape'.

Can't wait!!!! :headbang::headbang::headbang::kickass::headbang:

PS: Better change the logo of the forum then too ;) .

The cover looks very cool.
I will not talk about the song names because I'm not a songname guy. I usually don't know the songs names or lyrics by heart.

If you ask Mikael Stanne maybe he remembers a guy shouting "Play the second song from Fiction!" when they came to Portugal. :lol:

Yes, you should change the logo on the forum. And now I have to change the logo on my signature too. I hate you. :heh: