US/Canada Tour Part II

Ahh cool, I don't live in Toronto, but traveling for it! :D

hahahaha!.

I cant wait to see them live, the pheonix isnt bad for sound quality either. Im very tempted to shell out on a Tshirt while at this concert, but its usually hella expensive at the concerts. ill have to see when i get there, if its in my price range ill have to buy myself a new shirt for this tour.

yeah id pay that as it is, the question comes down to though if they have a tour shirt i want / like, or if they have one of the other shirts i want and do i want it in a hoodie format or not. lmao

Think the T-shirts were 25 USD in California last tour, which is cheap compared to what most T-shirts cost over here

Enjoy the shows!

Which I had time and money to go back once more, but alas, look slike I have to work sometime too :eek:

last night setlist in Vancouver

Amon Amarth -- Vancouver, Canada -- August 4th, 2011

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Set 1

War of the Gods
Töck's Taunt - Loke's Treachery Part II
Destroyer of the Universe
Slaves of Fear
Live Without Regrets
The Last Stand of Frej
For Victory or Death
Wrath of the Norsemen
A Beast I Am
Doom Over Dead Man

Set 2

Twilight of the Thunder God
The Last with Pagan Blood
For The Stabwounds In Our Backs
Runes to my Memory
Asator
Guardians of Asgaard
The Sound of Eight Hooves
Varyags of Miklagaard
Embrace of the Endless Ocean
Free Will Sacrifice
Death in Fire
Victorious March
---
Cry of the Blackbirds
Valhall Awaits Me
Pursuit of Vikings

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Awesomeee

I figured valhall awaits would be added and great to see Death in Fire and March in full.

I can do without free will sacrifice, but Embrace of the Endless Ocean is fucking epic...also glad to see varyags was kept.

definitly gonna try and get home in time from the airport to make the baltimore show

I was a regular here a couple years back but haven't been on for a loooong time. The Vancouver show was fantastic. First time I've seen them since '08 and they've gotten better. I was front and centre for the second set abusing my 40 year old body because after the first set there was no way I was going to be anywhere else. I managed to get one of Ted's picks at the end of the show.

The set list posted is accurate. I would have gladly traded Embrace of the Endless Ocean, Varyags of Miklagaard and Cry of the Blackbirds for Across the Rainbow Bridge, Friends of the Suncross and Bleed for Ancient Gods, but the set was still fantastic as it was and every song was played with the intensity that Amon Amarth are known for.

The venue was a welcome upscaling from their previous stops in Vancouver. The Commodore has a long history of hosting acts on the tour before they become huge. The crowd was awesome with a decided lack of assholes down in front and everyone looking out for each other. That everyone else around me seemed to know the words to The Sound of Eight Hooves and I got a few "Yeahs!" when I shouted for The Mighty Doors of the Speargod's Hall told me that I was surrounded by fans of the band filling the front of the venue.

Shirt prices have gone up for Canada. $30 for T'z, $35 for the long sleeve tour shirt with the album cover, $55 for the hoodie.

I was at the Exodus/Zombie/Slayer show the night before. Amon Amarth put on a better show than any of them.

I was a regular here a couple years back but haven't been on for a loooong time. The ?ancouver show was fantastic. First time I've seen them since '08 and they've gotten better. i was front and centre for the second set abusing my 40 year old body because after the first set there was no way I was going to be anywhere else. I managed to get one of Ted's picks at the end of the show.

The set list posted is accurate. I waould have gladly traded Embrace of the Endless Ocean, Varyags of Miklagaard and Cry of the Blackbirds for Across the Rainbow Bridge, Friends of the Suncross and Bleed for Ancient Gods, but the set was still fantastic as it was and every song was played with the intensity that Amon Amarth are known for.

The venue was a welcome upscaling from their previous stops in Vancouver. The Commodore has a long history of hosting acts on the tour before they become huge. The crowd was awesome with a decided lack of assholes down in front and everyone looking out for each other. That everyone else around me seemed to know the words to The Sound of Eight Hooves and I got a few "Yeahs!" when i shouted for The Mighty Doors of the Speargod's Hall told me that I was surrounded by fans of the band filling the front of the venue.

Shirt prices have gone up for Canada. $30 for T'z, $35 for the long sleeve tour shirt with the album cover, $55 for the hoodie.

I was at the Exodus/Zombie/Slayer show the night before. Amon Amarth put on a better show than any of them.

Good to hear. I'm going to see them in here in Calgary tonight. Did they have the grey hoodie for sale that they have in their online shop? I'll pay 55 bucks gladly considering the main metal clothing store here sells their hoodies for $75.

I haven't seen the one in the online shop. It's a black hoodie. The design on the back has the band logo over three bearded skulls with short swords crossing behind the front skull, a knotwork Mjollnir head above the skulls but behind the logo and "Again we march to war" written in elder futhark runes across the bottom.