US/Canada Tour Part II

That is the hoodie. They did have the Surtur Rising flags for $15. Most of the shirt designs in that link were available, except the grey one and the Odin battling Fenris one. I ended up buying five different shirt designs, all regular T's, for my family.

Hi Shadowalker, nice to see you back. Wish I'd have known you'd be there - we could've met up! We got a hotel room and stayed the night, hung out with Johan & co after the gig before we went to sleep...well, tried to... I am suffering from a really, really bad case of Post Johan Anticlimax Disorder. Sympoms: extremely sore neck, fatigue, loss of apetite, lethargy and partial loss of heart (part of the heart muscle has been removed with non surgical methods and is currently housed on a tour bus somewhere in the vicinity of Edmonton). Still, I am happy I got to see him again, but wish it could have been longer.

I thought it was a great set-list. What did you think about the venue?

Also, The AA roadies, sound crew and light crew, guitar tech, merch guy, tour manager and so on, deserve a big cheers for being the best. They have on occasion had to pull off working in impossible venues with impossible equipment, and these shows wouldn't be the same without their skills. (Not to mention where they have to more or less live with Johan...you have my sympathies...honestly, I tried to teach him right from wrong and so on, but you know, there's only so much a big sister can do...LOL.)

Next time they come to Vancouver we'll have to meet up. My wife and I usually make the trip over once a year to catch a concert (we're on the Island) and we decided after Thursday that we're going to wait for Amon Amarth every year. You may have seen me. I've got a distinctive set of tattoos on my right forearm with a band of the elder futhark below my elbow, the younger futhark above my wrist, Mjollnir on the underside of my forearm and a valknut on the top.

The set list was solid. Being an older fan, I'd have gladly traded off a couple Twilight songs for more from the first four albums, but I still love every song they played. The Sound of Eight Hooves was a very welcome surprise.

As for the venue, the Commodore was great. The sound was fantastic, the stage is a decent size, the floor (aside from all the sticky carpet near the bar) is a good one. definitely an upgrade from the Rickshaw and a better neighbourhood, too.

After reading the last few posts, it sounds even more promising for Edmonton tomorrow night. That second set looks quite awesome.
As for shirts, I was hoping they'd have the Odin battling Fenris one, as that is a sick design, but I have a feeling I'm going to end up spending a good chunk on merchandise anyways.

I might have missed it, but is there an opening band or is it just pure Amon Amarth all night?

Have ticket, hot girl and ride home....need ride from ronceverte wv
Anybody help?! :Shedevil:

It's probably expensive cause of the visa as well, considering you got the Morocco passport, how much does it cost to fly to Spain? And how much does it cost to take the sea transport as it's extremely close.

by the sea yes it's only 14 km, but i'm from the capital Rabat, and i want to go to Madrid, so it's gonna take me 1 day i guess to get there, but with the plane it's only 2 hours (or 1 hour depending on the company), i booked my plane ticket to madrid one month ago and i got it for 45€, i learned my lesson this time :p, i'm going there to see Amon Amarth in november in madrid and barcelona

and yes you're right, the visa is very expensive, almost 150€ to get it

come on you canucks, how are the shows/playlists, etc.???, what's going down? need some updates, there's got to be other posts here than hit/miss or retardation discussion

come on you canucks, how are the shows/playlists, etc.???, what's going down? need some updates, there's got to be other posts here than hit/miss or retardation discussion

learn to read every post, or you miss out. on this same page even!

last night setlist in Vancouver

Amon Amarth -- Vancouver, Canada -- August 4th, 2011

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Set 1

War of the Gods
Töck's Taunt - Loke's Treachery Part II
Destroyer of the Universe
Slaves of Fear
Live Without Regrets
The Last Stand of Frej
For Victory or Death
Wrath of the Norsemen
A Beast I Am
Doom Over Dead Man

Set 2

Twilight of the Thunder God
The Last with Pagan Blood
For The Stabwounds In Our Backs
Runes to my Memory
Asator
Guardians of Asgaard
The Sound of Eight Hooves
Varyags of Miklagaard
Embrace of the Endless Ocean
Free Will Sacrifice
Death in Fire
Victorious March
---
Cry of the Blackbirds
Valhall Awaits Me
Pursuit of Vikings

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

learn to read every post, or you miss out. on this same page even!

He did read alright. But since the band said "Wild Cards" means not every show will have the same songs on the 2nd list. In other words, read up yourself first.

Sorry, you walked into this one.

The Edmonton show was quite awesome.
It was pretty close to a packed house, although it seemed that quite a few people were checking out AA for the first time. The sound was good, and AA sounded spot on all night. Johan was good with involving the crowd, but that's nothing unusual. I don't really know what to comment on other than they were as good as every other time I've seen them, if not better. I mean, it's pretty impressive to play a double set.
I did think the UV lighting (or whatever lighting they used) for the Surtur Rising backdrop was really cool though. It added a little bit extra.
I still miss the drinking horns, but managed to get a laugh whenever Johan would toast the crowd with "Skål!" and no-one had a clue what he was saying.
I managed to snag a setlist for the second set, which I also managed to get autographed after the show. The guys were all quite willing to sign stuff for the few of us that stuck around and I didn't even make an ass out of myself using a few choice Swedish words. I also got a few pictures of myself with the guys, although they're from a phone and kinda blurry. I wish I could have found the battery charger for my camera, but I guess it was not to be. All in all, I had a great time and managed to spend a fair chunk of cash on merchandise and beer.
I can post the second setlist from Edmonton if anyone is interested, although off the top of my head I don't think it differs much (if any) from the Vancouver one that was posted.

Back