V Appreciation Thread

V is the only album I know of that is either as good or better than the last time you listened to it. And I've been listening to it for 12 years.

Your hypothesis doesn't seem to account for the fact that the same people who supposedly dislike Iconoclast because it is newer and more well-known also do not generally favor the debut album, which is the oldest and least well-known of SX's albums, over Divine Wings, V, etc., which are newer and more famous.

So there goes that theory.

Sauna is right when he says you were only accounting for about 1/3rd of the theory, but that's because he didn't go into detail. There were 2 different members of SX when their debut album came out... Rod Tyler and Thomas Miller. That's 2 out of 5. And last time I checked, the lead singer tends to have quite the influence on any sort of band. In fact, the most appreciated albums (except for DWOT, which was only missing Lepond,) didn't come about until you had the "starting lineup" on V... And I still argue to this day how good TIO is and could have been if it weren't for bad production. That's when shit got real good.

My point is that SX music didn't reach its peak until all of the pieces came together.. All V of them (haha, I love puns). So, I believe these "older SX fans" and "newer SX fans" should only be classified when the these five guys are making the music. His theory is not entirely unjustified.

Bathing with V is highly encouraged. I believe it even says so in the liner notes, if I'm not mistaken.

That's on my bucket list of things to do with this album playing... :Smokin: