V:The New Mythology Suite?¿?¿?

proulxski

Welcome To Kanata Eh!
Hey, I'm about to ask a probably dumb question... But anyway, here we go...

The song PRELUDE, what language is Russell Allen singing/chanting in, and what is he saying exactly? The only thing I'm sure of is he says the word FIVE, since they use that word in pretty much every song! (I'm guessing its in Roman but I dunno...) Anyone able to help me out?

Its in Latin. The music itself is an adaptation of the "Dies Irae" section of Verdi's Requiem.

Dies Irae, dies illa
Solvet Saeclum in favilla

translation:

This day, this day of Wrath
Shall Consume the world in ashes

All Requiem masses had pretty much the same lyrics, as it was a traditional mass.

LOL, yeah, I was noticing the avatar thing, too.

Now, if we could just get The Yngster to post right after me... :D

I love where they play Dies Irae in the film Battle Royale, it's such a good atmospheric song.

I really need to listen to all of Verdi's Requiem.

Well, it kind of makes sense that so many people choose V artwork as their avatars since it's (in my opinion of course... and evidently other people's, too) the nicest artwork they have. Anyway, MY avatar is the best so :p to you all!!!

lol I agree with beezle... (on the avatar thingy)

V is a very artistic album, and probably the most well done! However, I love the other album covers artistically as much as this one...

PS: Anyone notics, that the name of the Album is V, as in five, and it was also the 5th album to be released. Also through out the whole album, I believe in every song for that matter the word FIVE is mentioned... is that not Cool? Am i the only one who noticed this? (LAUGHS)

yeah me too...its a great concept album and i dont think any other song of other album would fit in it, thats why i think its the best one, its so well done, and the thing that I always liked about it is that they through the whole album tend to repeat the same melody, but in different modes and scales, or in different instruments...even the vocals in the last song...so cool.

So many people use the same Avatar here because its such a cool Avatar!
Anyway, since this forum is about V, i have this question to ask:

I'm sure everyone has read "The Story Behind V" on Sym. X's site. Correct? Anyway, how much of the story, if any, was made up, and how much was based on actual myths?