V:The New Mythology Suite?¿?¿?

According to the two "V" albums with the look-alike covers which were released very close to each other:

I wondered about that, when they were released, also, but was forntunate enough to look it up, since I bought both albums on release (and they're both quite good, even though The New Mythology Suite surpasses the other album by many many lengths). The other album is from Spock's Beard, which do Progressive Rock, but are a bit cheesy at times and have a bad habit in using annoying noises at the start or end of their songs sometimes. The album contains two overlong songs (one 16:28 and one 27:01 minutes long) as well as four normal songs, but their songs were never as complete and satisfying as Symphony's almost always are, although they do have some good moments and ideas.
Alas, back to the two covers: According to the booklet, the image on Symphony's album was drawn by Kazuo Hakamada, while the image on Spock's Beard's album (which is more like a photo-collage, really, even though the sky and the desert look astoundingly similar, yet not alike) was designed by Thomas Ewerhard. So it looks like quite a coincidence - especially with the name of the album combined. (I cannot believe that IO ordered the same kind of cover twice :D )

The cover artwork on the Odyssey was done by Tom Thiel...The layout was made by Thomas Ewerhard though ;)

I don't think the Spock Beards V and Symphony X's V have any coincidental look alikes... It was most likely one of the artists Influenced by the other and sorta adapted on the idea... Humanity has been doing it since the dawn of time have we not?

Another thought occured to me. (Separate from all my other posts.) Does the concept of V have anything to do with the lyrics to Divine Wings? (For some reason, i get the feeling thats a stupid question.)

Probably a ICNREDIBLY stupid question lol! I really Couldn't tell you the Symphony X resposne since I'm not them... But read the booklets, an the names and listen to the music! Its very differ all together! on Divine Wings of Tragedy they don't talk about the power of Five ONCE nore do the mention the dawn of time and how everything was created! Where as V is well, exactly those things!

V=5th Album and conceptial album, which was suppose to be whole new ideas and werll took them alot of difficult work! Which is why they don't plan on doing another one anytime soon!

DwOt= very early album, since V was all new ideas none would have been brought over! (Of course in some metaforical way we could say Symphony X Was influenced by DwoT... But than again, theyw here probably influenced by all there pre-V albums!)
Dwot is incredibly differ from V its not funny! They have some noticeable sound alikes! But its probably mostly by coincidence. Such as Egypt/Pharoah...Communion and the Oracle/The Accolade... but yeh there is no actual relation!

I'm not talking about the album. I'm talking about the song. I have been thinking about the lyrics to Divine Wings, and in a way, the lyrics of Divine Wings almost fit the part of V that is Communion - Bird Serpent War

It still has many similarities, because Atlantis is pretty much a paradise lost, in a way, much similar to that in the way of V. Thats just my take on it. It probably is something a little different, but for now, i just thought that the 2 had something in common. Either way, V is an amazing album, and Divine Wings is an awesome song.

whatever. everybody has their views. ours happened to be different, but in the long run, it really doesnt matter. Asi i said, all that really matters in the long run is that the song is an ill song and V is an ill album.

If I remember correctly I read somewhere that they used the bulk of the music written in Egypt. That's my favorite song on V, imagine how awesome the song Twilight in Olympus could've been.

It wouldn't be the same, but it would still be pretty cool. Egypt is a legendary song, and had it been a epic on Twilight, it couldn't have been too bad. The only question though is what would the alternate Egypt actually have sounded like, had this all been done?

Sometimes I wish when they have free time (along with everything else people want them to do in their free time) they should redo the epic to twilight in olympus so that we can all hear it, without them having any constraints from the label.

even if it does just sound like a medley of V, that wouldn't be a bad thing. V is an awesome album. Overall, it probably would have sounded like a 23 minute version of Rediscovery part 2 with a different concept. Either way, thats not a bad thing.

NOT AT ALL BAD THING...i always wanted "V" to be a longer album coz when i finish it its like "what? isnt this the 3rd song?", so i would really want to hear more of it, but i's prefer that they dedicate their time on making new songs.

Beelzebub said:
If I remember correctly I read somewhere that they used the bulk of the music written in Egypt. That's my favorite song on V, imagine how awesome the song Twilight in Olympus could've been.
I figured out where u "may have" read it. (since u didnt specify where). It was on Symphony X's website, in the F.A.Q.