V:The New Mythology Suite?¿?¿?

proulxski said:
PS: Anyone notics, that the name of the Album is V, as in five, and it was also the 5th album to be released. Also through out the whole album, I believe in every song for that matter the word FIVE is mentioned... is that not Cool? Am i the only one who noticed this? (LAUGHS)

I noticed this also, and I believe there is really plenty of reason behind them mentioning the number 5 in every song. It's because of the recurring theme of the "Power of 5."Anybody who knows the story knows that.

ptah knemu said:
I noticed this also, and I believe there is really plenty of reason behind them mentioning the number 5 in every song. It's because of the recurring theme of the "Power of 5."Anybody who knows the story knows that.

Its not *every* song. I believe just Evolution, Fallen, Communion, Egypt, and Rediscovery. That leaves Bird-Serpent War, Absence of Light, and A Fools Paradise. :p

I didn't read the story, so guessing about this power of 5, is it the same mystical significance of 5 as the stupid Dan Brown book?

Yeh I can't Really help you on that one, but Like Beelzebub stated, go to that link and read the story for your self! And you can tell us if it relates to this book!

For those of you who havn't noticed some of the other conceptiual things in V, I'll list a few I happened to noticed, I'm sure those hardcore fans, or hardcore musicians (wait whats the differ lol?) will notice this as well!

~ Listen to the Following songs at this times, and me amazed at what they do, I get goosebumps every time~

Rediscovery Part II- 3:12 (approx)
On The Breath of Poseidon- 1:00 (Approx)
(Make sure you keep the tune in your head, listen about 20 secs from the point I give you than go to the next song... REMEMBER THE TUNE)
---
Rediscovery Part II- 7:32
Evolution- 0:20
(Same concept)
---
On The Breath of Poseidon- 1:42
Rediscovery Part II- 10:47

*Feel free to add on to my list of conmceptial thingies lol*

Than of course there is the V=5 significance!
V=5
V:The New Mythology Suite= Symphony X's 5th album
The Story behind V talks about the Power of Five
Every song on V has the word FIVE in it (except for like 3 or 4 songs)

proulxski said:
lol I agree with beezle... (on the avatar thingy)

V is a very artistic album, and probably the most well done! However, I love the other album covers artistically as much as this one...

PS: Anyone notics, that the name of the Album is V, as in five, and it was also the 5th album to be released. Also through out the whole album, I believe in every song for that matter the word FIVE is mentioned... is that not Cool? Am i the only one who noticed this? (LAUGHS)

You're right concerning the album but not concerning the cover.

Have a look at this:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...bs_b_2_3/002-4492071-9447204?v=glance&s=music

and than look at this ;):

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...bs_b_2_1/002-4492071-9447204?v=glance&s=music

Do you notice something? It struck me at once when I saw it in the I/O-catalogue. According to the entries on amazon.com there were only 1 and a half month between the two releases. For I don't have the other V-Album, I can't say who the artist was. But as both bands are with the same label it could be that the artist used the same basic artwork and merely did a few changes. So I would say that the cover isn't very artistic but rather that the artist was little inventive. I can't think of any other reasons why two bands but with the same label but with little relatedness in music should have a very similar cover for their album.
For me the Oddyssey-cover is the most artistic one.

Xtopher said:
yeah, thats what i was talking about in my post, they do the same melodie in a lot of songs but in different instruments or modes, thats so cool.

This is exactly one quality I love so much about this album. The recurring themes (melodies) lend themselves to moving the story forward, but in different situations. It has a film soundtrack quality, which I personally love. As a lover of the works of John Williams, Hans Zimmer, etc. I love the whole art of translating a story into a musical piece, and this CD does that and more. It has that epic, melodic side, and it rocks hard as well!!

Indeed, They did a great job on V as a conceptial album! You know its good when you start yto listen to the album and you look at what track its on and you are already on the 5th song... you know they do the transition from song to song well when the whole album feels like 1 song, yet new and not borring everytime!

This is most likely off any subject currently being discussed right now, but i didnt want to bother starting a new thread.
Does anyone here think it's good or healthy to be over-obsessed with the concept of this album?

This may sound really wierd, but after reading the lyrics and the story, I became curious of the concept so I decided to do research on Atlantis. (Like I said. Over Obsessed.) I wanted to see if S.X. got their story from anywhere else or if they made alot of it up. I need to know, because my obsession with this album is destroying me! (As can be seen by my user name here, and my signature. I'm pathetic.)

P.S. If anyone is interested in my scientific ad biblical findings, just ask.

Hey Ptah Knemu,

I've always been interested in the stories of Atlantis, but never really got around to exploring the subject. If possible, could you just give some basic information (i.e. main points of the legends)? Not too much, I know this could go on for a long time.

To be honest, i was really hoping someone would ask. This is where I found everything. If anyone doesn't believe it, then.... whatever

http://www.atlan.org/articles/

Unfortunately, i have yet to see anything relating to V, but i also still have yet to explore the whole site. I just stumbled upon it a few days ago.

and also,
proulxski said:
no its not un-healthy lol
thank you.