Viking mythology and all that goes with it

Celtik Militia

Dumb French Bastard
Aug 12, 2004
Paris
ok this thread will be for all those who wanna talk about viking mythology or stuff like that and ask questions which is what i'm about to do...

my question is : what happens to the dead Einherjers or the surviving Einherjers after Ragnarök? where do they go? i mean what the fuck are they gonna do? and ok the world will be reborn, but who will inherit Odin's crown and all? do we not know? does the mythology end just there and what is supposed to happen after really?

i hope that i can help you
i know that all humans can go to diffrent halls like gimil (after Ragnarök).but there are other places where they can go to some are "bad" places and some are "good" places.
good places:
Gimil
Brimir
Sindri
bad places:
Nastrand (for murderers and other bad people)
Hwergelmir
But only 2 humans will survive Ragnarök.Lif and Lifthrasir (They hide at Hoddmimirs-Holz)
And there are a few of other survivers:
Widar and Wali
Modi and Magn
And Baldur and Hödur will return from hel
The survivers will talk about Ragnarök and find the gold boards

Celtik Militia said:
ok this thread will be for all those who wanna talk about viking mythology or stuff like that and ask questions which is what i'm about to do...

my question is : what happens to the dead Einherjers or the surviving Einherjers after Ragnarök? where do they go? i mean what the fuck are they gonna do? and ok the world will be reborn, but who will inherit Odin's crown and all? do we not know? does the mythology end just there and what is supposed to happen after really?

After Ragnarok their are no surviving Einerharjar, EVERYTHING dies except Lif and Lifthrasir who hid deep in Hodmimir's Forest...and some say they actually hid deep inside Yggdrassil...and were protected from Surt's fire. As far as inheriting Odin's "crown" as chief of the gods, we know Baldr and Hod come back from Hel to reign, Vidar also survives as well as a few others. The mythology really doesnt say anything after Ragnarok.

TheLastWithPaganBlood said:
Who do you guys think is the greatest hero in the Germanic tales? No gods allowed.
Personally, I think either Ragnar Lodbrok, Beowulf or Sigurd Fafnersbane.

Dont forget Egil Skallagrimmson

Blutaar said:
i hope that i can help you
i know that all humans can go to diffrent halls like gimil (after Ragnarök).but there are other places where they can go to some are "bad" places and some are "good" places.
good places:
Gimil
Brimir
Sindri
bad places:
Nastrand (for murderers and other bad people)
Hwergelmir
But only 2 humans will survive Ragnarök.Lif and Lifthrasir (They hide at Hoddmimirs-Holz)
And there are a few of other survivers:
Widar and Wali
Modi and Magn
And Baldur and Hödur will return from hel
The survivers will talk about Ragnarök and find the gold boards

Yes, Nastrond (Shore of Corpses) is a bad place, murderers, oath breakers, philanderers etc. go there. Hvergelmir is actually a spring close to Niflheim which lies under Yggdrassils third root. Magni and Modi inherit Mjolnir.

oh ok i see more clearly now :p i knew about a few things you said like the fact baldr is said to resurect for ragnarok and all but there is still much i dont know.
as for my favorite hero, me knowing only Beowulf, i'll answer that lol.
i've been searching in libraries for a while now to find some illustrated well presented books about vikings, and their mythology, but its so hard to find stuff here, that really sucks. the mythology section in most stores are small as hell and they're mostly about the celts, greeks, romans, and egyptians;.. whereas scandinavian mythology is not exposed as much as it deserves.; :( but i'll inexorably continue my search, i know i should check out big libraries or the net, but i dont really enjoy libraries or reading on a computor screen... i like owning stuff! :p

Celtik Militia said:
oh ok i see more clearly now :p i knew about a few things you said like the fact baldr is said to resurect for ragnarok and all but there is still much i dont know.

He comes back after Ragnarok...dont mean to nitpick.
As far as books, go to amazon.com man and search, vikings, norse sagas etc. there are tons of em. If you have any other questions just ask.

the poetc edda is a must have for any GERMANIC PERSON (as not to make Belgar angry), celtik you have to read havamal. Great story are those involving the Völsungs including sigurd fafnirsbane. But another less famous one is that of the Jomsvikings which fantastic, exciting funny and all. Order that one. In fact, I wrote a script for school on a segment of that which is hilarious. Anyone want it e-mail me at: gortmog@hotmail.com

the poetc edda is a must have for any GERMANIC PERSON (as not to make Belgar angry), celtik you have to read havamal. Great story are those involving the Völsungs including sigurd fafnirsbane. But another less famous one is that of the Jomsvikings which fantastic, exciting funny and all. Order that one. In fact, I wrote a script for school on a segment of that which is hilarious. Anyone want it e-mail me at: gortmog@hotmail.com