Viking mythology and all that goes with it

Thats an English sign to the French because the English were such good longbowmen and the French would cut off their fingers if they caught any archers.
Its the peace sing with your nails pointing to the other person.

Nothing to do with Norse mythology.

Ratatosk. Duh. (LOL) Or Squirrel Buttkin, like Beatrix Potter's Squrrel Nutkin, only better.
Celtic, the difference in the names (Odin/Othinn/Oden/ Wotan) also have to do with A. what country the speaker came from (Wotan to the Sae/Saxons, Odìnn in Icelandic etc) and B what time/historical era (Othìnn in old Swedish, Oden in modern Swedish). Simple as that. Language is not static, unless you live in Iceland, of course.

Tomasz, start a new thread that you like to read some time. You don't seem to like most of the other ones lately?:yell:

Tyra said:
Tomasz, start a new thread that you like to read some time. You don't seem to like most of the other ones lately?:yell:

You're right, I don't like much of anything that's been posted recently nor do I have any interesting ideas for some new topics.

My mama comment though came to me as soon as I saw the avatar before my previous post. Just couldn't help myself. Nothing aginst the guy/pic, he just looks like a baby.

i also enjoy the one with thor fishing and catching jormungandr
but i really like the story where i got drunk with thor :oops:

edit: i didnt get drunk with thor, it was just . . . a dream . . . :(

@Tomasz : haha

@ Tyra : hey did you write the lyrics for Thousand Years of Oppression?
i believe i read somewhere that Johan's sister wrote them :p so if its true, bravo cause they are one of my favorite AA lyrics. :)

Thanks! Yes, I wrote it, but it wasn't meant to be a song, it was just me writing a really angry e-mail to Johan because someone had decided to attack me and my religious stand by way of belitteling one of my kids. Sounds better as a headbang than an e-mail, I guess. See, the only thing worse than the wrath of a Norseman is the wrath of a Norsewoman, especially when it involves defending her kids....;-)

did Oden really hang by his spear gugnir on the world tree as its said in Thousand years Of Oppression? cause i just finished this book on viking mythology which kindof resumes the entire thing, and Oden gets the spear as a gift from a dwarf after seeking for wisdom.. so i dont know if there are different orders of things depending on different versions of the mythology or if it just sounded better for you to write "for nine whole days he hung there pierced by gugnir his spear" for the sake of poetry, or if its a mistake :p!
would you care to explain? :D

Himinbjorg, this pagan metal band, has this awsome song called "Thiazi's Oyne"... what is that? (thiazi's oyne....)

Celtik Militia said:
did Oden really hang by his spear gugnir on the world tree as its said in Thousand years Of Oppression? cause i just finished this book on viking mythology which kindof resumes the entire thing, and Oden gets the spear as a gift from a dwarf after seeking for wisdom.. so i dont know if there are different orders of things depending on different versions of the mythology or if it just sounded better for you to write "for nine whole days he hung there pierced by gugnir his spear" for the sake of poetry, or if its a mistake :p!
would you care to explain? :D

Odin did in fact hang himself for 9 days pierced by Gungnir whereas he learned the runes and nine secret songs. As far as where Odin got it from, Gungnir was fashioned by the sons of Ivaldi who also forged Skidbladnir (Freyr's ship) and Sif's golden hair. They all made these things because to avoid having his ass handed to him for cutting Sif's hair, Loki had them fashion her hair and then bet Brokk and Eitri that they could not make three equally good items and as it turns out thats how Mjollnir, Odins ring Draupnir and Freys boar Gullinborsti came to be.

Celtik Militia said:
Himinbjorg, this pagan metal band, has this awsome song called "Thiazi's Oyne"... what is that? (thiazi's oyne....)

Thiazi was the father of the gods.And the gods killed him befor they went to Asgard.

Blutaar said:
Thiazi was the father of the gods.And the gods killed him befor they went to Asgard.
oh no sorry thats wrong ! I am fucking stupid.
So thiazi was the father of skadi (godess of hunting and winter).And the other gods killed him befor they went to asgard.
Odin threw Thiazis eyes to the sky, so that they became stars.

Blutaar said:
oh no sorry thats wrong ! I am fucking stupid.
So thiazi was the father of skadi (godess of hunting and winter).And the other gods killed him befor they went to asgard.
Odin threw Thiazis eyes to the sky, so that they became stars.

Actually, Thiazi was killed because he was chasing Loki who was in the form of a falcon and had Idunn...whom he transformed into a nut...when he "rescued" her from Thiazi after Loki promised to give her to him and as usual, the gods were rather pissed. When Thiazi...in the shape of an eagle... was closing in on Loki the gods had wood shavings piled up near the walls of Asgard and set it ablaze, Loki flew thru unharmed but when Thiazi tried it burned his wings, he fell to the ground and was killed by the gods.

It was only after that when Skadhi came to exact revenge that she was offered compensation for her father that she agreed to choose a husband, and with her wanting Baldr, she had to choose only by seeing the feet, she wound up picking Njord and further along in that myth...seperate from the one in which Thiazi was killed, but immediately "following" it part 2 I guess you could say...did Odin toss his eyes into the sky to remain for eternity.