Varg Vikernes: "I Am Ready For Society".

An eye for an eye is kind of retarded. He served a punishment, just because he killed another guy doesn't mean he has to have his own life taken away in a sense. Two wrongs don't make a right. Another sentence plus another thing your mom would say to you.

Burzum definitely isn't mediocre. You aren't allowed to have opinions on black metal anymore.

Just so you're aware, Varg would be out in a few years even if he didn't get paroled, since Norway doesn't have life sentences. The main difference between him getting out now and getting out then is that he'll be able to be there as a father and husband for his young son and wife, something that they would have missed out on had he remained in jail for the rest of his sentence. He isn't dangerous anymore, and nobody has any legitimate reason to assume that he is. Nobody is justifying him killing Euronymous, but it clearly began as self-defense and keeping him in jail for a few more years wouldn't really make any difference aside from keeping him from his family.
I'm not so sure I believe the self-defense part, but if you were in his shoes charged with murder, you'd probably use any half-truth or lie to get a lighter sentence, it seemed more like a pre-emptive strike than anything, but whatever, what's done is done.

Burzum definitely isn't mediocre. You aren't allowed to have opinions on black metal anymore.

Just so you're aware, Varg would be out in a few years even if he didn't get paroled, since Norway doesn't have life sentences. The main difference between him getting out now and getting out then is that he'll be able to be there as a father and husband for his young son and wife, something that they would have missed out on had he remained in jail for the rest of his sentence. He isn't dangerous anymore, and nobody has any legitimate reason to assume that he is. Nobody is justifying him killing Euronymous, but it clearly began as self-defense and keeping him in jail for a few more years wouldn't really make any difference aside from keeping him from his family.
Yeah, guess not if they don't contain the brilliance of the Black Metal elitists. I will be banned from this forum, which is fine. Are you people from metal-archives or sputnickmusic.? Can't handle a differing opinion. But, Mr. Omni, your second paragraph was explained well. I appreciate your mature candor.

You talkin' to me? This GMD forum is filled with BM elitists. Get over your self,mothafucka. And get the semen out of your eyes and ears.:heh:

hey

you used that joke twice muhfucka

it aint funny

Plus, Zeph is actually an awesome poster that actually contributes intelligent shit to the board, unlike a certain someone. :V

I'm not so sure I believe the self-defense part, but if you were in his shoes charged with murder, you'd probably use any half-truth or lie to get a lighter sentence, it seemed more like a pre-emptive strike than anything, but whatever, what's done is done.

You're aware that Euronymous told people that he wanted to get rid of Varg and called Snorre Ruch, who was in Mayhem and was Varg's roommate at the time, and asked him to drive Varg up to his flat, right? Snorre was too scared of Varg to actually assist Euronymous, but wound up driving him up there and became an accessory for helping Varg dispose of the body. He confessed all of this when he was questioned and got 8 years.

You're aware that Euronymous told people that he wanted to get rid of Varg and called Snorre Ruch, who was in Mayhem and was Varg's roommate at the time, and asked him to drive Varg up to his flat, right? Snorre was too scared of Varg to actually assist Euronymous, but wound up driving him up there and became an accessory for helping Varg dispose of the body. He confessed all of this when he was questioned and got 8 years.
I did read "A Burzum Story" on Varg Vikernes's website and yes I read all of that in the past. Like I said, a pre-emptive strike on someone, it would've been better off if Vikernes and Euronymous had settled it with their fists instead of leaving one man dead, but the murder only adds to Varg's legacy as did the church burnings which bring about hype and fear, it seems like a question of "Do the means justify the ends?"

I did read "A Burzum Story" on Varg Vikernes's website and yes I read all of that in the past. Like I said, a pre-emptive strike on someone, it would've been better off if Vikernes and Euronymous had settled it with their fists instead of leaving one man dead, but the murder only adds to Varg's legacy as did the church burnings which bring about hype and fear, it seems like a question of "Do the means justify the ends?"

If you already read that, why would you have said that it's easy for Varg to claim self-defense when it's just his word? If you read the story, you'd have known of Snorre Ruch and others. Nobody is saying that he was justified in killing Euronymous. The killing still originated as a self-defense plan, and Euronymous did plan to kill him the night that he killed Euronymous instead. Euronymous was just too much of a coward and tried to run, and we all know that it didn't work out for him.