Video Games

I haven't spent more than 15 minutes on 12, but from my understanding it's very different. 12 played more like a MMO and 13 plays unlike everything I've ever played before really. At first it takes getting used to but a couple hours in it's actually quite addictive.

Not to derail the thread, but my friend finished his thesis last year in like late April and it was one of the most daunting things I've ever seen someone undertake. How long was yours?

And yeah FF 13 is awesome. Yeah it's linear (so far), no it's not turn based. Who fucken' cares? Fuck the hate son.

Also contrary to popular belief, combat is NOT easy. Just because you regen health after each battle and there's no mana bar doesn't mean this is an easy game. There's actually alot of strategy that goes into this new system.

Mine was only 15 pages but it was a 6 month long nightmare. By far the most stressful school-related activity of my life. I did mine on efficient resource allocation amongst nonprofit higher education firms. Try finding some good sources on that...

I got Heavy Rain and Dante's Inferno yesterday after beating the God of War collection. Heavy Rain is pretty intense at times. I enjoy it quite a lot, but it is probably not for everyone. I am not sure how far I am through. I believe I played for about four or five hours last night. It might be halfway done based on a review I saw before. Some of the button sequences can be pretty crazy.

I can already see something that I will do different during one of my next playthroughs because if you kill a specific character early on, the story will have to take a 180. So, that is pretty exciting. For my first run, I am trying to keep everyone alive. I am not sure how many endings there are and I do not want to find out, but this is definitely a fun game.

There are about 57 trophies and all but three are mystery trophies. I think I earned ten trophies so far. I plan on not finding out what they are online for awhile. I am trying not to spoil anything for myself.

Mine was only 15 pages but it was a 6 month long nightmare. By far the most stressful school-related activity of my life. I did mine on efficient resource allocation amongst nonprofit higher education firms. Try finding some good sources on that...

lol my friend's was like 75 pages haha. But in your defense that seems like a hard-as-fuck topic to write about.

I got Heavy Rain and Dante's Inferno yesterday after beating the God of War collection. Heavy Rain is pretty intense at times. I enjoy it quite a lot, but it is probably not for everyone. I am not sure how far I am through. I believe I played for about four or five hours last night. It might be halfway done based on a review I saw before. Some of the button sequences can be pretty crazy.

I can already see something that I will do different during one of my next playthroughs because if you kill a specific character early on, the story will have to take a 180. So, that is pretty exciting. For my first run, I am trying to keep everyone alive. I am not sure how many endings there are and I do not want to find out, but this is definitely a fun game.

There are about 57 trophies and all but three are mystery trophies. I think I earned ten trophies so far. I plan on not finding out what they are online for awhile. I am trying not to spoil anything for myself.

I played through Heavy Rain breifly as well (rented it). Honestly, the demo was killer, but the game was super disappointing. The story (to me) seemed a bit flimsy and there were definitely some weird strings of dialog that really should have been changed because it otherwise creates plot holes.

On top of that, everything is just cheesy and unnatural about this game. It takes the cheesy and akward dialog of Shenmue and foregts all of the action. I'll probably play it again to see how the story unfolds, but I was really hoping for something more. Playing as the detective and using the ARI glasses to discover new clues and stuff was really fun. Otherwise, meh.:cry:

Lol @ 75 pages. Sounds like a graduate thesis. Shitty... In my defense I did do roughly 75 hours of research. :(

FFXIII is AWESOME. I love how the main characters aren't whiny bitches, the battle system combines the best of FFXII with ATB, graphics are gorgeous, story is good, etc etc. Only 8 hours in but am enjoying it thoroughly. I wish my girlfriend would disappear for 2 weeks. Maybe I should try casting Vanish on her...

Anyone tried Bioshock 2? The multiplayer is surprisingly fun and I've been hooked for the past couple days. If you own a 360 and want to game my tag is o0GoatSlayer0o. Who's down for a digital bromance?

FFXIII - So I'm at like the end of Ch.8 and the linearity is really getting to me. I know the game opens up after the main storyline, but I don't know how much more of this 2-man party straight line no customization grind I can take!

Is anyone getting Brotherhood next week? I cannot wait to get into the game. The story is my main interest, but the multiplayer will be interesting. I am hoping it will be pretty addicting.

I bought a PS2 yesterday, along with DBZ Budokai and oh shi- I bought Manhunt. Sadly I forgot to get a memory card, so I don't even feel like setting the stuff up. I've actually owned one PS2 game the whole time, Shadow of the Colossus. One of my all time favourite games. I'm probably gonna play that, first thing.

I like video games.

COD modern warfare 2
Super Mario Brothers
Conker's Bad Fur Day

There's lots more but these are the first three I thought of.

Man, this topic has been dead for a little while, but here's my input!

Ever since I got myself a little ole HD TV and PS3 for Christmas I have been occasionally playing on it. So far I have

Uncharted 1 & 2 - played the first game in one sitting, AWESOME GAME! Have yet to play the second.
Midnight Club: L.A. - Decent racing game, but have practically already mastered it and I win almost every single race now on story mode.
MW3 - Fun, but not quite as good as MW2 in my opinion, this is from an online perspective, I haven't played the campaign mode just yet.

I also have just ordered myself a copy of Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands, I've heard it's a really good game and am excited to play it.
And sometime in the future I wish to play Batman: Arkham City, played the first one and loved it, this game is definitely on my to-get list!