Video Games

Ugh I am a HUGE RPG fan (as well as FPS, 3PS, action/adv, etc) and Mass Effect made me want to shit out the brother of Jesus. Piss poor story (until the last 2 hours), a main quest that could be completed in a rental EASILY, monotonous planet exploration (which was both time consuming and literally unrewarding), obtuse controls, insufferable load times, unlikable cast, and awful level progression feel. It's like I took Knights of the Old Republic, told it to go intergalactic (moreso than it already has), become lifeless, and waste my time. The only game inflated higher was GTA IV which was a god damn fucking joke. Sorry Gadlor, I know everyone enjoyed it except me. I don't know how you guys did it, but you did.

/rant

Aeonic - You've gotta play FF10 and 12. 12 is by FAR a better story/experience, but 10 "does everything right" (though I personally found it to be the weakest of 7-12 by a significant margin, which is not saying much). They are both great games and eclipse 9 (and sometimes 8) in many areas.....Except main characters (yes 10 and 12 sport bigger fags than Zidane. I don't jest)

I loved Mass Effect but hated KOTOR with every bone in my body, and I can see your reasons for not liking it.

However not liking GTA4 should = autoban but I'll be nice.

FF 9 is my favorite FF game, yes Zidane looks really gay, but alot of the characters were really memorable like Vivi and that big knight dude that I'm spacing on.

I loved Mass Effect but hated KOTOR with every bone in my body, and I can see your reasons for not liking it.

However not liking GTA4 should = autoban but I'll be nice.

FF 9 is my favorite FF game, yes Zidane looks really gay, but alot of the characters were really memorable like Vivi and that big knight dude that I'm spacing on.

Lol Steiner. Guy was a god damn nut. Fun character though. But yeah in FFXII put Zidane in a tube top and give him a metro haircut and you've got one of your main characters :erk:

I have always dearly loved racing games so I just picked up Grid - by Codemasters, the same peeps that make Colin Mcrae. It's pretty damn addictive - I'm a sucker for realism and I wonder if I'll just die of starvation when the next Gran Turismo surfaces.

Hmmm. I also bought Zeno Clash but I'm not quite sold on it - I only played for an hour or so though.

Lol Steiner. Guy was a god damn nut. Fun character though. But yeah in FFXII put Zidane in a tube top and give him a metro haircut and you've got one of your main characters :erk:

Yeah I read that apparently for FF 13 they made it a point to make the women look like women and men like men which is pretty cool. All the characters look pretty damn cool and that main female character is pretty hot by video game standards. lol

I remember my eyes getting watery when Vivi found out the lifespan of his fellow mages. Was so sad. :'(

Yeah I read that apparently for FF 13 they made it a point to make the women look like women and men like men which is pretty cool. All the characters look pretty damn cool and that main female character is pretty hot by video game standards. lol

I remember my eyes getting watery when Vivi found out the lifespan of his fellow mages. Was so sad. :'(

Yes that was a sad moment indeed. I remember I was in like 4th grade when I first played FFVII. I was like in shock when Aeris got shanked by Sephiroth. I was just sitting there like "oh what! no way. no there's gotta be a catch.....right?....cloud?....:cry:"

Playing Overlord II right now. It has it's fair share of technical problems but god damn it's fun. If anyone is bored and has nothing to play give it a rental.

Just beat Prototype. That game got REAAAALLY hard towards the end, almost cheap at times, but overall I liked the challenge. I'd say besides the awful story/voice acting my main gripe is the controls. The little wheel from which you select your abilities sucks big fat hairy donkey balls. I can't tell you the number of times I was in the middle of a fight, selected a specific power, and got something else. What the fuck?! Also movement is very loose which means it's easy and fun to hop around NYC but tight scenarios are a pain in the ass. I give Prototype a 7/10 I guess.

So yeah overall you should Czech it out.

hoooooooly shit

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow is an upcoming video game in the Castlevania series. It is being described as a reboot of the franchise.[1] It will be an action adventure game in a fantasy setting in Southern Europe during the Middle Ages. The game is being developed by MercurySteam and Kojima Productions to be published by Konami in 2010.[2][3][4]

Hideo Kojima will be involved with the title.[2] Television and stage actor, Patrick Stewart, also narrates the game's official trailer and plays the character Zobek. Robert Carlyle provides the voice for the lead character, Gabriel, while Jason Isaacs and Natascha McElhone also star.[5]

Yeah I think out of all the shit at E3 that was my favorite announcement. I've played most of the Castlevania series, and despite popular opinion, actually enjoyed the 3D ones. Lords of Shadow looks amazing especially with the talent behind it.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3175499

Barring a few awful bands/songs (as well as shitty Megadeth and Testament songs), this is by far one of the coolest non original video game soundtracks ever put together. This shit makes guitar hero and rock band weak in the knees. Extra props for not using cliche Sabbath songs, picking my favorite Dark Tranquillity song, and including the mighty Angel Witch.

Wow. Mad props to them for that list - I'm pumped that they included Schenker and Slough Feg.

I should mention that I'm currently blowing my way through North Koreans in Crysis. Good game so far, but man does your computer need balls of steel to run it. I dropped some serious cash on my hardware and I still can't run the game at highest settings. I'm only maybe 5 hours in - if this is all the game is, it might get repetitive, but I'm pretty sure it's not.

I love playing video games. I just finished Fallout 3 and thought it was awesome. I continuted my quest in Oblivion as well, but sold my tv and xbox the other day for much needed cash. I installed Morrowind and Half life on my eeepc and have been playing those lately.

i play very often warcraft 3 the frozen throne, godlike and best game ever made imho.

Blizzard <3

Just beat Uncharted and Uncharted 2. Anyone with a PS3 NEEDS to play these games. Fucking incredible. Started Brutal Legend; cool so far.

Next year is going to rape so much face: Bayonetta, Darksiders, White Knight Chronicles, FF13, Dante's Inferno (made by the Dead Space team), God Of War 3... HOOOOOOLY shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Oh and a game I've been super addicted to:

blazblue-ps3.jpg

I don't actually own this, but one of my roommates does. I'm not a fan of most 2D fighters like Guilty Gear and Street Fighter but for some reason I fucking love this game. It's easy to pick up and learn the basic moves but very difficult to master and it requires you to play very tactically. All 12 characters (for the most part) are so balanced that you can easily play with all of them and grow attached to each one. I've never really felt this way about a fighting game since the original Super Smash Bros.

The sequel comes out in Japan supposedly next year. I might actually pick that up when it hits the US but we'll see.

Oh and it was made for HD, and lord oh mighty does it look stunning.

I have been playing Dragon Age: Origins absolutely FURIOUSLY since it came out. Old school RPG in the vein of Baldur's Gate, hooooooo! It's basically everything I could ask for, and its not one of those namby-pamby 20-30 hour videogames. I'm in about 65 hours, and it says that I am 30% complete. God. DAMMMMMMMMN.

(now, mind you, that's with noting that the game has decision points where you can't access some of the quests or whatevs because you made the choice to save the goblet of az'akiel for your dying father rather than drinking the sacred fluids within and gaining life eternal)

Also Claudia Black did the voice acting for one of the main characters so that's pretty nifty.

Just beat Uncharted and Uncharted 2. Anyone with a PS3 NEEDS to play these games. Fucking incredible.

I actually just started playing the first one through again yesterday, its a ridiculously fun game, I plan on checking out the second one soon.

And yeah next year will be the year of video games. Don't forget that Castelvania game is coming as well :hotjump: