Video preview up

hm but are there enough videochannels in the world showing a death metal video?
most metal or rock videos shown in music tv are things like limp bizkit,korn or shit like that and only cause they are selling a lot
and I dont think that one day I will watch DT on a music channel
sad but true
I hope some will do it but here where I live they just closed the only musicchannel showing alternative or metal videos and transformed it into a bullshit commercial popmusicchannel only showing dancefloormusic,r&b,hiphop and other horror
but I will watch it on my screen for me and know the world is missing something they dont know
sad but true

@Strider: No prob, I am not critising anyone , everyone is entitled to his own opinion. I am just making a conversation, re presenting the other side :)

@Solefald: This is not for me to decide unfortunately. I am sure that it will get air time in Metal Hammer's show in Greece. I don 't really know what happens in the rest of the world :p

On the other hand, I've seen Cradle of Filth videos all the time, so why not DT? Ok, COF are far more commercial, but they are also really extreme metal and not tv friendly (satanism,sex,gore).

The DT video might stir something up in that sense, because some might consider it as something unique worthy of broadcast.

@Charlie E: Point taken, but you should all wait til you watch the whole video. Then it will make more sense.

@Narcoloth: you're welcome!

Here in Italy we have MTv, that without the mighty Headbanger's Ball won't give a chance of showing DT, and a satellite channel called RockTv but it's 24 hrs/day of shitty nu metal, so...

well, at least I won't have to download it...

Originally posted by Narcoloth

The DT video might stir something up in that sense, because some might consider it as something unique worthy of broadcast.
I agree with this, it's so unique (imo at least, i haven't watched that many music videos, and the ones i've watched were just horrible) that they might give it air time.

We can always mail and bug our countries music channnels about it. Some brainwashed bizkit kids might be ready to step over to reall metal now :)

Not that I think it will happen, but would we want Monochromatic Stains to be playes 24/7 on MTV and have all those kids buying "the singel" (that of course would be released) and taking up space in the front rows on the gigs!? I wouldn't and I bet DT wouldn't either...

Yeah, everything about Damage Done is basically a Linking Park ripoff! But we still love them, just because they will make alot of money and be played on MTV alot (playback on this years MTV Awards and all) doesn't make them a bad band!

always late as i am...i'm downloading the video now 9with chupi speed hopefully)....

so,.mov files are played only with quick time?? have i understood correctly???
what a PClamer i am :cry: i had a .mov file-a trailer from a movie-and deleted it because it wouldn't play on my WMP.... skata....now i have to d/l it again.... *yawn*

~mel~(athlon inside-idiot outside :cry: )

yes you are going to need a quicktime player to view it. I am surprised how few people had Qtime already installed. Anyway let's not start on that topic.

If you can't find qtime, go to my site, in the Narconomicon , and there's a link to apple's site.

hehe don't worry,i don'timply anything about the format of the video (yup,i've read the war thread :p) .... quicktime,WMP,DivX...it's all the same to me *shrug*

hopefully i already have Quicktime on ATG's "suicidal final art".Now all i have to do is persuade my lazy ass to install the program...

Originally posted by zodi
Not that I think it will happen, but would we want Monochromatic Stains to be playes 24/7 on MTV and have all those kids buying "the singel" (that of course would be released) and taking up space in the front rows on the gigs!? I wouldn't and I bet DT wouldn't either...

well, i wouldn't mind dt having some more popularity. after all their music stays great, and the main reason why we criticize all those linkin park fans is they're kids without the faintest taste for music. should they ever like dt, they'd show some more brains and independent thinking, so they will automatically become less of a childish annoyance, and welcome to the front row. ;)

rahvin.

I posted this on the other thread concerning the video too, but i might as well post it here:

The video in the CD will be on Quicktime. I talked with CM but they said that they always use Qtime, so here you go...

So now that the format thing is finalised, the only thing I am gonna be talking about in these thread is answering questions (if any) when the video is out.

/Narcoloth (hates packing)