Viking Metal

Viking metal would promote viking ideology that included paganism and heathenism, both of which Slechtvalk does not promote nor they really sound anything like a real viking metal band.

Edit: They sound slightly similar to viking metal.

Viking metal would promote viking ideology that included paganism and heathenism, both of which Slechtvalk does not promote nor they really sound anything like a real viking metal band.

Edit: They sound slightly similar to viking metal.

Well they sound close enough for me lol

Anyone having a problem with the new Tyr album? All the way through it there are messages, "You are listening to the new Tyr cd, Land." We've purchased it from two different vendors with the same result.

you cant just throw viking metal around like that. it has its own unique sound and principle. if it doesn't deserve its own subgenre, then we may as well stop adding core to the end of shitty bands

I don't listen to much of this type of music, but the earliest bands in this genre definitely have enough characteristics not found in folk metal for Viking metal to be its own genre. I don't know about any of the newer bands.

viking metal is a personal favorite of mine. my favorite band being thyrfing. urkraft is easily one of my top 10 records ever.

oh, and btw. there have been a few threads on this subject.
~gR~

Do you exclusively mention only Christian metal bands? And no, they are overtly cheesy and boring.

Like i said Christian Heavy metal especially interests me.
Second being a atheist in a super Christian home (and my parents not knowing i am not christian) i only have a limited range of music i can buy and listen to. Everything else (aka secular) is only music i listen to in private on youtube where my parents dont know so my knowledge in those particular bands and such is very limited.

Sorry for being bummer:Smug:

Viking metal is folk metal with Norse leanings, in my opinion. But still, an amazing genre (and my favorite):

Bathory (the fucking founders; Hammerheart and beyond)
Turisas (might be the most accessible Viking metal band)
Ensiferum (another accessible band)
Thyrfing
Equilibrium
Einjerhar (old-school Viking metal)
Borknagar (self-titled and The Olden Domain)
Finntroll (not Viking metal; but good folk metal)
Tyr (not my favorite band; they're kinda boring; but still, they have some good hooks)

Lots more, but I'm a bit preoccupied at the moment. I'll list more later, if I think of any. Was this even a request for recommendations? :cool:

viking metal imho is not a genre by itself. THere's either pagan black metal(black/viking) and folk/viking

but yeah both sides rule as far as im concerned, and I hope any fans(atleast in the US) support the Heathen Crusade metal festival, which is mainly viking metal(some black and death)

Ensiferum is a great band! Other than that, I don't listen to much Viking Metal. Amon Amarth is a common suggestion, but I just couldn't get in to them.