Villians named for next Batman film.

It's not like Liam Neesan is Arabian or they made Ra's al Ghul into the 600 year old comic version. A beefed up Hardy will be more realistic than trying to find the largest muscled man who probably is a shit actor.

Doesn't matter how serious they get; they're never going to top the scene in the animated series where joker shoved batman into a sealed trashcan looking thing, then says something to the effect of "DON'T FORGET THE AIR HOLES!" and starts using a long steel shank to jab holes in the can, then throwing it into the water.

That was fucked up.

I'm with you, here.

And to be honest, I'm not a huge fan of Nolan's Batman series. I know he's catering to the masses and trying to get Batman to feel more "real", but.. it's Batman. He's a dude in a mask who fights crime. No amount of "realism" is going to change the fact that the dude is a superhero, and I hate it when they try and make things so realistic that it removes what was cool about the characters to begin with.

And by the way.. I never liked Heath Ledger as Joker. I was disappointed. He hardly laughed, and was so dry that I was actually bored with him.

Let the lynching begin!

i agree with you no live action anything will ever beat the animated anything, actors, acting, story,or action,Mask of the Phantasm is the best batman movie to me and Mark Hamill is the ONLY Joker.

Is that from Birds Of Prey?

BTW, I got around to watching Batman: Under The Red Hood the other night. It's probably the best Batman animated movie I've seen, tho it was weird hearing Bender doing the Joker. It grew on me eventually.

Yeah, I never watched Birds of Prey, but I thought it was an awesome idea to have Mark Hamill voice a live-action Joker.

Yeah, I never watched Birds of Prey, but I thought it was an awesome idea to have Mark Hamill voice a live-action Joker.

A nice little tidbit about Birds Of Prey for his board: one of the episodes used a Porcupine Tree song during one of the fight sequences (Wedding Nails, to be specific.) That was very cool at the time. Course, it was a record company thing, since all songs used in an episode were promoted at the end of the episode.

I seriously think some of you are far too invested in comic canon (aka, you are NERDS haha) and should be banned from watching movies altogether. =/

:lol:

And to be honest, I'm not a huge fan of Nolan's Batman series. I know he's catering to the masses and trying to get Batman to feel more "real", but.. it's Batman. He's a dude in a mask who fights crime. No amount of "realism" is going to change the fact that the dude is a superhero, and I hate it when they try and make things so realistic that it removes what was cool about the characters to begin with.

The biggest difference between batman and every other LOL DC Hero is that Batman has always been the closest DC could ever come to making a Marvel Hero. The Realism isn't the fact that he's got an endless supply of money for all sorts of cool shit, it's that he could be human. There's a sense of empathy and connection you can get out of Batman, similar to what you can get out of Spiderman. A closer connection to the people behind the mask, and the morally ambiguous choices they sometimes have to face. My whole hatred for almost all things DC was the lack of a good moral gray area present in most Marvel story lines. I feel like Batman is really the only character that bridges the gap, and I think Nolan is really turning it into a franchise that deserves to be watched, as opposed to the laughable 2000 Hulk, Spider-Man 3, or the trailers for The Green Lantern.

I also love the idea that this movie is "catering to the masses," as if Batman is some obscure underground phenomena.

Don't even bother man. Some people have their nerd elitist goggles strapped on too hard.

Oh and:

but.. it's Batman. He's a dude in a mask who fights crime. No amount of "realism" is going to change the fact that the dude is a superhero,

You do realize that there are real people who try fight crime with masks on as "superheroes" right?

http://www.reallifesuperheroes.org/

The biggest difference between batman and every other LOL DC Hero is that Batman has always been the closest DC could ever come to making a Marvel Hero. The Realism isn't the fact that he's got an endless supply of money for all sorts of cool shit, it's that he could be human.

If I recall my trivia correctly, Batman is the only one who didn't have "superhuman" powers, either through birth or, in the case of spiderman, poison. Everything he does is by virtue of ingenuity.

I'm interested in seeing Anne Hathaway as Catwoman, and as Bane is a personal favorite Batman villain I was hoping he'd pop up (though after the bastardization of the character in Schumacher's Batman & Robin, I was worried maybe he wouldn't.)

Someone mentioned that Talia al Ghul would be a better choice in this film. From what I've heard, there's supposed to be two female leads - a villain and a love interest. Talia and Catwoman could each potentially fill either role, has anything actually stated that Nolan's Catwoman is going to be a villain, or maybe instead a vigilante filling the void left by the now-fugitive Batman?

If I recall my trivia correctly, Batman is the only one who didn't have "superhuman" powers, either through birth or, in the case of spiderman, poison. Everything he does is by virtue of ingenuity.

Yeah, that's the thing. While Batman comics, movies, etc. are considered superhero media, the fact is he ISN'T an actual superhero. He has zero powers and fights crime due to his mind/training/high tech weapons.

The biggest difference between batman and every other LOL DC Hero is that Batman has always been the closest DC could ever come to making a Marvel Hero. The Realism isn't the fact that he's got an endless supply of money for all sorts of cool shit, it's that he could be human.

While I totally agree with you, the fact of the matter is that Batman's mythology revolves around the idea that it might be possible for a normal human being with no powers to defeat an entire pantheon of villains who can do supernatural things. So yeah, he's a normal guy, but the people he fights are not, and that alone makes him more than just a normal guy.

Man, did I get it right when I said "let the lynching begin" or what? :D