VIRUS!!!

Blood Rose said:
So..limewire Pro now has virus...its only missing Compulsive psychosis, other than that, you can download it....i must say, pretty heavy album, i cant wait to get it when it comes out

Compulsive psychosis has the best solo on the album, make sure to get it.

Great Album, Great Songs, Great Peter!!!!

"LIVING TO DIE" goes Deep Into My Heart!!!!!

The rest of the Album is kicking Your ASS and rocked faster as you can bang!
HYPOCRISY rules!!!!!

Thank you Peter!!!

ok I must have listened to the complete album a dosen times right now, and I say that it is CERTAINELY THE BEST album since the self titled album, and it is AS GOOD as it or even The final Chapter, maybe even BETTER, only the time will tell me

Intro : cool but rather useless
Warpath : fucking AWESOME, what a riot with epic riffs and cool screaming in it, perfect killer to begin an album with! :headbang:

Scrutinized : good choice for the clip, catchy guitar riffs, GREAT guitar solo

Fearless : awesone song with a GREAT chorus in it (Im not afraid of you, so JUS STAY OUT OF MY WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY :D)

Craving for another killing : what a FUCKING KILLER :hotjump: very refreshing to hear Peter and crew being THAT agressive and destructive, so fucking fast paced, and great guitar riffs, awesome drums (in the middle theres even a riff that sounds like a song from Amorphis on ELEGY I think o_O )

Let the knife do the talking : prolly my least favorite song on the album even if it is excellant and loud as hell. good to hear a good bass riff too in it

A thousand lies : WOW so fucking depressive and dark, as you could even yourself feel the needle and the death coming :D, Hypocrisy at its BEST. nothing more to say that this song its a masterpiece

Incised b4 Ive ceased : I like that one! again catchy guitar riffs and a great chorus, also Horgh is awesome in that track (as in every other tracks :p) and I also like this kinda guitar solo, it sounds very different from your average Hypocrisy solo!

Bloodrenched : THATS death metal, fast and loud and everything. It is a GOOD song but something in it makes it EXCELLENT which is the "Fear me, Im coming for you" part :headbang:

Compulsive psychosis : ok this will be my personal "underdog" of this album, Im sure almost no one will never mention it but I think it fucking kills! again killing riffs and tight drumming, with growling and everything

Living to die : an ANTHEM, litterally, in the same category as Slippin' away, Until the end, Paled empty spheres, The departure, all turns black...which means it is one of the best song Ive heard in my life, so epic...words are meaningless when it comes to describe what you feel when listening to that kind of songs...brilliant! :D

overall : FUCKING MASTERPIECE, everything on it is A + quality, vocals, guitar, bass, drums...sounds quality...everything

this virus propagates fast, and it kills!!!

supernova, you nailed everything i would say about the album. you song reviews were perfect-let the knife do the talking is my least fav as well. I really like compolsive psychosis also. I didn't like it at first, but it really started to grow on me. What cant be said about Living to Die-Depressive hypocrisy at its best!!!

I posted this because i would like to say something about a riff in the song "blooddrenched". There is a breakdown in the middle of the song that to me sounds like a Cannibal Corpse riff. The drums go into a slight blastbeat and it has a groove going on. Know what im talking about people?

ohh one more thing about Virus-It seems to be tuned below B, around A#. I tried to play along to it just after playing along to Destroys Wacken and its definately lower tuned than Wacken.

I kinda found that odd......

There is a breakdown in the middle of the song that to me sounds like a Cannibal Corpse riff. The drums go into a slight blastbeat and it has a groove going on. Know what im talking about people?

I think I know what you mean, its that sequence just b4 the "Fear me Im coming for you right?

between 1:49 to 2:05 right?

that sounds pretty Cannibal corpsish to me :Spin:

or wait maybe that part AFTER the fear me Im coming for you, between 2:34 to 2:45?

yeah I think thats the one

(obviously I was listening to the song while posting that one ;))

Supernova said:
There is a breakdown in the middle of the song that to me sounds like a Cannibal Corpse riff. The drums go into a slight blastbeat and it has a groove going on. Know what im talking about people?

I think I know what you mean, its that sequence just b4 the "Fear me Im coming for you right?

between 1:49 to 2:05 right?

that sounds pretty Cannibal corpsish to me :Spin:

or wait maybe that part AFTER the fear me Im coming for you, between 2:34 to 2:45?

yeah I think thats the one

(obviously I was listening to the song while posting that one ;))

yea, its the 1:49-2:05 one. That riff is very corpsish to me. Maybe they were influenced while they were on tour with them back in early 2004 (after the arrival was written, just before its release)
cheers
Eric

the intro is childish. scary sound oooooo!

some of the vocals sound too much like shagrath of dimmu borgir(not good).

"Let the knife do the talking"? what kind of shitty title is that. ruins the song.

cover is cool, though "copy and paste" comes to mind.

cadaver said:
some of the vocals sound too much like shagrath of dimmu borgir(not good).

Ahem... well, I only know 3 songs, but their vocals are very far from Shagrath... obviously can't say anything about the rest but those don't at all like Shagrath, but more like Peter's Bloodbath attempt.

cadaver said:
"Let the knife do the talking"? what kind of shitty title is that. ruins the song.
What the fuck is wrong with the title? Ok, it's nothing special, but neither something to ruin the song,,,

cadaver said:
cover is cool, though "copy and paste" comes to mind.

except for this the album is great.
more precise please! Maybe it's just me, but where is the "copy/paste"-part?

Indeed it is tuned lower than B, a half step to be precise. Ive already figured out half the riffs on the album... :)

Dreadful said:
...I actually think Catch 22 has way better songwriting than this. The melodies and riffs were way better on that record.

Catch 22 was the worst album Hypocrisy ever made, and one of the gayest albums ever made by a Death Metal/Melodic death metal band. The lyrics were straight up whiney nu-metal, and there was not one single song on that entire album worth hearing twice, or even once for that matter. How can you listen to Tagtgren's solo on Pleasure of Molestation or listen to Left to Rot and say Catch 22 has "good" songwriting? How can you say it has ANY songwriting? Catch 22 had about as much aggression as a catholic nun and lyrics and song titles that sound like they were written by a pissed off 16 year old who's mom told them they couldn't stay out late.

Old Hypocrisy was fucking great, and new hypocrisy, I'm sad to say, fucking sucks. I haven't heard Virus yet, and will keep an open mind until I do. If you want to have any idea what good songwriting is go listen to A Pale Debilitating Autumn, Sighting, or Arntor (and before you raise an eyebrow in confusion and go type them into google, those are albums, not bands)

Firefest9 said:
yea, its the 1:49-2:05 one. That riff is very corpsish to me. Maybe they were influenced while they were on tour with them back in early 2004 (after the arrival was written, just before its release)
cheers
Eric

Jesus...tapdancing....christ. Maybe they were influenced by Cannibal Corpse in 2004????? MAYBE Tagtgren was influenced by Cannibal Corpse while he was soaking in the ENTIRE FLORIDA DEATH METAL EXPLOSION in the LATE FUCKING 80'S! Why do you think Hypocrisy sounded the way it did on Penetralia and Osculum Obscenum???? Because Tagtgren heard shit like Cannibal Corpse, Morbid Angel, Malevolent Creation, etc, etc, etc, and fucking liked it. You think they were influenced by those kinds of bands AFTER the Arrival was recorded??? The arrival was a defecation on bands like Cannibal Corpse and Morbid Angel, and more importantly earlier Hypocrisy, and the style of death metal they're famous for.

dsoul said:
Jesus...tapdancing....christ. Maybe they were influenced by Cannibal Corpse in 2004????? MAYBE Tagtgren was influenced by Cannibal Corpse while he was soaking in the ENTIRE FLORIDA DEATH METAL EXPLOSION in the LATE FUCKING 80'S! Why do you think Hypocrisy sounded the way it did on Penetralia and Osculum Obscenum???? Because Tagtgren heard shit like Cannibal Corpse, Morbid Angel, Malevolent Creation, etc, etc, etc, and fucking liked it. You think they were influenced by those kinds of bands AFTER the Arrival was recorded??? The arrival was a defecation on bands like Cannibal Corpse and Morbid Angel, and more importantly earlier Hypocrisy, and the style of death metal they're famous for.

dude, settle down! I know peter was influenced by floridian death metal in the early days, but he has definately departed from those roots alot in the past 6 years or so. Christ, he lived with those guys in florida in the early 90's. I haven't herd a riff like that one on bloodrenched so corpse influenced since abducted. Corpse toured with Hypocrisy in early 04 and thats why i thought maybe peter got the brutal death metal bug in him again to write a riff like that-nothing else man.

cadaver said:
worst hypocrisy album is "into the abyss".
Deathrow (No regrets) as one song by itself is better than both Catch 22 and The Arrival albums combined(if you don't include The Abyss' inclusion on The Arrival which really was not an Arrival song as it was recorded back in 96 I think anyway). Into the Abyss was certainly the first step towards mediocrity Hypocrisy made, but it wasn't the plunge...