Vocalist Recommendations Please...

nissan

Sep 3, 2005
I was wondering if anyone could recommend me some really proficient vocalists...

Looking for vocalists that double track and use both the high pitch screams and the low growls together to complement each other - like Behemoth's Nergal on Zos and Demigod...

Also looking for vocalists that do the high and the low, but not necessarily at the same time - like the guy that does vocals for Deicide and Vital Remains...

Also looking for vocalists that can do those really really low growls - so low that they turn into screeches... Like the guy that does vocals for Necrophagist and the guy that does vocals for All Shall Perish.

Thanks for taking the time to read that...

And thanks in advance for the recommendations.

Micheal Akerfeldt is the best at everything you metioned, but the scar symmetry guy is good also.

Montu Sekhmet said:
Micheal Akerfeldt is the best at everything you metioned, but the scar symmetry guy is good also.

peter from hypocrisy beats michael by far but only on certain albums. go for bloodbath- nightmares made flesh and hypocrisy- the final chapter, s/t, the arrival, and virus.
devin townsend is probably the most versatile vocalist going so try SYL- alien, and the new black.

nissan said:
I was wondering if anyone could recommend me some really proficient vocalists...

Looking for vocalists that double track and use both the high pitch screams and the low growls together to complement each other - like Behemoth's Nergal on Zos and Demigod...

Also looking for vocalists that do the high and the low, but not necessarily at the same time - like the guy that does vocals for Deicide and Vital Remains...

Also looking for vocalists that can do those really really low growls - so low that they turn into screeches... Like the guy that does vocals for Necrophagist and the guy that does vocals for All Shall Perish.

Thanks for taking the time to read that...

And thanks in advance for the recommendations.
That would be me

Ex-cally-boo said:
Matthew Chalk, ex-Psycroptic.
True that...

I already know him, and yeah I like him...

His LOW growls nearly get low enough to turn into screeches, not quite there though...

Montu Sekhmet said:
He is actually my favourite vocalist, next to Nergal... Great great vocalist!

ender7227 said:
I found another one that works aswell:
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=249844
:Smug:

MasterOLightning said:
Akercocke - Jason Mendonca

Exactly what you're looking for.
I looked the band up, and it seems weird that a BM band would have the type of vocals I'm looking for... Will look into it though, thanks.

Narg n Lamb said:
Rusell Allen of Symphony X :kickass:
I really like him...

fat bastard said:
peter from hypocrisy beats michael by far but only on certain albums. go for bloodbath- nightmares made flesh and hypocrisy- the final chapter, s/t, the arrival, and virus.
devin townsend is probably the most versatile vocalist going so try SYL- alien, and the new black.
I like him too, but I don't think he's better...

Funny that they both vocalized for the same band. In my opinion, Ressurection Through Carnage is MUCH better vocalized than Nightmares Made Flesh...

Thanks though...

VadimVon said:
That would be me
Hit me with a little something ;)

---

Thanks for all the recommendations. :err:

Yo, MasterOLightning, I just checked them out man...

Right you are... Great vocalist! Damn, he's good...

Thanks...

He doesn't attempt the screeches though... It seems like nearly noone does :(