Vocalists: Record an Opeth verse!

No worries, no time constraints... if this turns out well, it wouldnt hurt to maybe try an entire song.

Static: cheers heaps for that... 10mb, but its' adequate.

Cheers much for that Moonlapse, I'll get it recorded either tonight or tomorrow.

Edit: Me too Rose, no validation email.

Edit edit: where's Rose's post go?

It seems to load slow, but I think this works.

This is the harmony section to "Master's Apprentices", in an a capella version, but since there are enough vocal lines, I don't think it's TOO miserable on its own. Given my voice, my choices were very limited!!!

http://onlinerock.com/musicians/immortalrose/ma.mp3

I tried to duplicate the effects from the album, but on the lyrics I'm not exactly satisfied with what I've done.

Rose Immortal said:
It seems to load slow, but I think this works.

This is the harmony section to "Master's Apprentices", in an a capella version, but since there are enough vocal lines, I don't think it's TOO miserable on its own. Given my voice, my choices were very limited!!!

http://onlinerock.com/musicians/immortalrose/ma.mp3

I tried to duplicate the effects from the album, but on the lyrics I'm not exactly satisfied with what I've done.

that sounded really good. i like the lady's take on it. :-D nice job.

hey, there is a really easy way to do cover vocal parts
you don't need to use midi or fucked up quality, you can use the actual opeth songs, but with vocal-cut
i posted this on the "Opeth & GT-6" thread, i'll post it here again if it help, there you go:

if you have any multitrack audio editing program, such as adobe audition or cool edit pro
select any song, choose from the effects menu amplitude, then select "Channel Mixer..."
from the presets list, select "Vocal cut"
you will hear the guitars very clearly, exactly just how they sounded on the dvd documentary, plus you could hear every little small detail they recorded on the tracks
the trick is basicly mixing the right channel -100 into the left channel, and the left channel -100 into the right channel, so you're choosing the guitars to be in the main channel instead of vocals

deliverance said:
hahahahahaa. i'm sorry dude, but that was fucking horrendous. wow..

Dude, couldn't you be a little less depreciative with your comments or a bit more careful with them? your attitude will only make those who're insecure about recording a verse even more insecure... he has at least provided his contribute in benefit of this thread...