Vortex splits with Dimmu borgir

Holy fuck this is the best or worst news I read in months... best news if he and Mustis decide to make an epic project, which they both could... if he has time now maybe he'll make more music... if he doesn't do anything though it'll be tragic :lol:

Wtf is wrong with them, kicking out 2 of the 3 best musicians in the band, if Galder leaves Silenoz will be fucked :lol: Jesus this is fucked I'm excited and worried at the same time. I also feel bad for Simen, losing all that money :ill: He has a kid to support. If he doesn't start his solo shit I'm sure some band will scoop him up.

Fuck this is so weird :D At least I can say I'm done with Dimmu now!

I'm really happy he's out of Dimmu now and he can do his own stuff, but the downside to that of course is that he won't have the same steady income as he had in Dimmu. Situation is basically bad for him but good for us I guess. Of course I feel bad for him, but it's probably a blessing in disguise.

Well his profit in Dimmu comes from being divided 6 ways, probably not in equal shares. If he does his solo stuff well, and it gets popular, which I have no doubt it will, he'll have a better proportion of income imo. Still sucks for him now though... hope some more news comes out.

Maybe he's had enough financial gain having been in DB for 9 years. I think I've heard he's a carpenter, like Jesus...

If he quits music and focuses on family I will be crushed :lol: I have a feeling he might... maybe pop up every few years to do something. I don't know, that is my greatest fear. Hopefully he'll just do solo stuff though...

I have never been a Dimmu fan, but I always though that Vortex and Mustis were the most talented members of the band. I hope Sverd gets some motivation to restart Arcturus and Simen starts to make good music (the same goes for Mustis...after all he's very talented too).

Vortex is the only reason i ever listened to them, without him...their shit. I hope he gets into a better group or forms a better band on his own. His talent needs to be out front.

Musically imo the band is at a creative dead end, hiring new musicians might be a healthy choice if they want to impress on their next record. Dimmu is Silenoz and Shagrath's band... everyone else is hired members.

Musically imo the band is at a creative dead end, hiring new musicians might be a healthy choice if they want to impress on their next record. Dimmu is Silenoz and Shagrath's band... everyone else is hired members.

Hahaha... I don't feel like they are at a creative dead end... I mean DCA was not that great but ISD was fresh to me. AND GUESS WHO COMPOSED MOST OF IT. Silenoz and Mustis, especially the orchestral stuff which IMO really made the album great. All Mustis and his keyboard. But whatever, if they think taking Vortex and Mustis out is gonna be the way to make better music, they must be fucked. Kick Shagrath out and let Vortex front, and change the genre from OMGBLACKMETAL to something more Melodic/Avante Garde. There would be a great band.

But it's been said by Mustis the reason behind his departure was due to a long time dispute over them not crediting him for works her composed.

Still Dimmu is fucked imo if they're both gone, I really will have no interest unless some big talents take their shoes and even then :lol:

They were doing just fine before Vortex, Mustiis, and Galder. Their new album did not catch my interest, the intro was like ripped off star wars music. I wouldn' t mind hearing a band with Mustiis, and Vortex though.. good luck to them.

Holy shit!!!!

This is huge news!!! My dream has come true, hurrah!!!! :headbang: :kickass:

I can't believe this is happening, I'm in a state of shock. Like most (everyone I guess) people here, I only listened to Dimmu because
Mr. V-ortex (better than the parenthesis I say) was in the band.

Puritanical is an excellent album (I have the LP with the huge patch :)), but the subsequent ones had less and less Mr. V-ortex, which made them, oh, not so good to be honest. They're not bad, but not great either, just a mere "m'eh, I can live without them".

I guess I'll still listen to Dimmu, it's going to be interesting to see what direction the band takes.

I'm really happy he's out of Dimmu now and he can do his own stuff, but the downside to that of course is that he won't have the same steady income as he had in Dimmu. Situation is basically bad for him but good for us I guess. Of course I feel bad for him, but it's probably a blessing in disguise.

He probably has enough cash from Dimmu IMO, but what the heck do I know about his income :p .

Djöfull;8515241 said:
Maybe he's had enough financial gain having been in DB for 9 years. I think I've heard he's a carpenter, like Jesus...

:lol: that comment made my day (or the 47 minutes left of it). Just like with Damian Wilson, I am willing, and will give him money for his music. Heck, if he needs financial help we can do a "Help for the next Vortex album fund", I know that I would donate.

If he quits music and focuses on family I will be crushed :lol: I have a feeling he might... maybe pop up every few years to do something. I don't know, that is my greatest fear. Hopefully he'll just do solo stuff though...

No, I don't think that'd be the case to be honest. He said in an interview with Ultimatemetal (sound familiar?) that he had lots of ideas, so I can imagine that there will be some months in which we won't know much about him, but then he will either join a band or release the tons of material he says he has.

I have never been a Dimmu fan, but I always though that Vortex and Mustis were the most talented members of the band. I hope Sverd gets some motivation to restart Arcturus and Simen starts to make good music (the same goes for Mustis...after all he's very talented too).

This was the first thing that came to my mind!!! I think that because of this there's a high possibility that Arcturus (third brightest star in the firmament) might actually get together again!

Three cheers to that! :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

Vortex is the only reason i ever listened to them, without him...their shit. I hope he gets into a better group or forms a better band on his own. His talent needs to be out front.

Yes, Mr. V-ortex's talent was really never used in Dimmu, he just played bass and some vocals; a total insult to his talent.

I feel very weird right now, happy and sad in a way, but most of all happy!

:) :cry: :headbang::kickass: (or something).

I sent a text to Hellhammer, unfortunately he wasn't able to confirm this :p I want to know if it's bullshit or not.

He said he'll leave it up to them to confirm who's fired or if it's not true.

it's not a bad or a good news in the absolute for me. i don't listen to DB so, it doesn't shock more that much.... :rolleyes:

it will trasform itself in a good news exactly in the moment when/if arcturus will reform :p

Blabbermouth says the band confirms it. Both are out.

From their official website:

DIMMU STATEMENT said:
31 August, 2009 by webmaster

We regret to inform you that we have parted ways with both Vortex and Mustis. However, we do want to make it perfectly clear that the creative force in the band is highly intact, perhaps even more so than ever.
With that being said, we're currently working on our next album and are excited to start a new chapter in the legacy that is Dimmu Borgir.

We regret to inform you that we have parted ways with both Vortex and Mustis. However, we do want to make it perfectly clear that the creative force in the band is highly intact, perhaps even more so than ever.
With that being said, we're currently working on our next album and are excited to start a new chapter in the legacy that is Dimmu Borgir.