Vortex splits with Dimmu borgir

It sucks for me, being a Dimmu fan, that the 2 ingredients that made Dimmu so unique in sound, will no longer make that sound. From how Ive seen that band transform, it all ended for me with Nick departing anyway. That guy took the band from a black metal band, to a new extreme.

Yeah, I mean Barker ended because of 'tourbus syndrome' according to Vortex. Guess they just got sick of eachother, the band and him. Barker leaving wasn't as bad as these two leaving in my eyes... I don't think they can really make the same music I liked Dimmu for, not saying they can't make another good album, I just don't think it will be the same style I've grown to love and I doubt Ill be interested in their future works to be honest.

2nd.... saying Arcturus will get back together, from a supposed text message is childish and knowing the people in Arcturus, I can assure you, they would make an official press release regarding anything to do with Arcturus...NOT send some dude a text and leak any info to the world through some guy who claims to know HH. Not trying to be a dick here but Im 100% positive that Arcturus is capable of making their own statements and would NEVER jump the gun and start texting people that they are back.

Haha I like you a lot! I felt the same when I read his post :lol:

Everything else that I see out there, has been recycled so much OVER and OVER that now, Id almost be happier seeing the majority of metal just fade away and make room for something completely new and off the wall. Look at Slayer with Dave Lombardo back.....its horrible. Those guys cant write the way they did back in the late 80's because they dont have the hunger anymore. They made their $$$ and keep doing it so they can make their $$$. It used to be about destroying......now its about making sure the check still comes in. Perhaps, its time for a total metal cleansation so when it comes back in a couple years, it can be treated like an art again.

Exactly. I thought for a while I was growing out of metal, I didn't know why but all the music I heard I just didn't like that much... then I realized I didn't outgrow the music, it was all just garbage. Rehashed bullshit with no creativity. It's hard to find a new good band nowadays that really have talent. All the bands I used to love except a few are total shit now, and most the new bands are all over the fucking place recording shit to make a quick buck.

When Dimmu Borgir first came out they were writing atmospheric pieces without Mustis. I thought he brought a movie soundtrack like feel to the albums that ruin some of the black metal feel. I like some of his pieces, but in a way Im glad his era is over and Borgir are starting a new one.

:lol: I really don't like your opinion, you're entitled to it but I think because you're a Billy Milano regular I won't pay much attention to you anyways :Smug:

Black metal feel :lol:

Yes, you are.

Edit: Not saying there's nothing wrong with it, but as someone who has lurked that forum for comedy for like 3 years, I can say with some certainty that until the recent slowing down it was one of your haunts. =)

who are you? and why are you making things up about my life? It's not wise to single me out of a crowd, and to throw gasoline in a fire is unwise.

I'm not singling you out! Someone else already did, I just seconded the claim. What's wrong with you liking Billy Milano? I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I had SOD tapes once upon a time!

On topic, I'm wondering if Vortex might end up contributing a bit more to the current Borky album in production now that he has some free time. I'm more of a Mr.V(intersorg) fan myself, but it would be pretty cool to see Vortex do a little more than just one track!

I'm not singling you out! Someone else already did, I just seconded the claim. What's wrong with you liking Billy Milano? I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I had SOD tapes once upon a time!

On topic, I'm wondering if Vortex might end up contributing a bit more to the current Borky album in production now that he has some free time. I'm more of a Mr.V(intersorg) fan myself, but it would be pretty cool to see Vortex do a little more than just one track!

Universal has been finished for some time now, so I don't think they'll go back and record more songs for it.

According to Vortex's statement-

Greetings Vortexians,

I think that now is the right time to post some news on the future music plans of I.C.S. Vortex.:)

Simen will have a meeting with Lamented Souls in mid September to plan a new release and a few gigs in norway.

There is another meeting also planned with Arcturus members to discuss about the future of the band and a possible reunite.
Nothing's for certain yet but keep visiting back the page as more announcements will take place about Simen's projects in the very near future!;)

Tuesday, September 01, 2009
I.C.S. Vortex Dimmu Borgir Statement

I've really enjoyed the ride, the Dimmu years have been awesome.
I look forward to concentrating fully on my own project now, and
the opening possibility to resurrect a band or three.

A special thanks to all the crazy and lovely people I have met on
the road with Dimmu over the years, for the support from so many of
you,
and for the continuing interest in my musical projects.
I will always treasure the albums and the brotherhood as it was
before the cabin-fever,music industry and greed went Metallica on
our asses.

My support goes to Mustis, the true creative force in Dimmu for the
last ten years,and his rightful legal chase.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I look at it as the end of the era for DB. The major reason 90% of todays DB fans are even fans are because of Mustis and Vortex. Im going to treat this whole thing as the end of DB for me personally. It will never be the same and Im actually kind of glad it all worked this way. Im curious to see what kind of replacement they get and "try" to make DB happen again.....some copy-cat vocalist to completely butcher the songs. How can they ever play Progenies, Serpentine, Carnival Creation live again? Its going to be so lame haha. I officially hang up my love for DB.

to see what kind of replacement they get and "try" to make DB happen again.....some copy-cat vocalist to completely butcher the songs. How can they ever play Progenies, Serpentine, Carnival Creation live again? Its going to be so lame haha. I officially hang up my love for DB.

I agree, I really wonder how they will do this live. Let's wait and see!

Greetings Vortexians,

I think that now is the right time to post some news on the future music plans of I.C.S. Vortex.:)

Simen will have a meeting with Lamented Souls in mid September to plan a new release and a few gigs in norway.

There is another meeting also planned with Arcturus members to discuss about the future of the band and a possible reunite.
Nothing's for certain yet but keep visiting back the page as more announcements will take place about Simen's projects in the very near future!;)

Oh man I'm so happy right now. Not to mention Cormorant's album, Metazoa went up for preorders today. Killer prog/black/folk/traditional heavy/whatever the hell. Today is a good day.

whats wrong with having a certain "black metal feel"? listen to the first borky album and you might understand :p

I am well aware of the first Borknagar albums, and I'm not as big a fan of them as their later releases :p It's not that I was making a comment about black metal, but I just really hate the OMG BLACK METAL fans, the ones who make a point to point out what's black metal and what's not, and complain when something ruins the trueness. :lol:

I agree, I really wonder how they will do this live. Let's wait and see!
Probably be left out.

Greetings Vortexians,

Tuesday, September 01, 2009
I.C.S. Vortex Dimmu Borgir Statement

I've really enjoyed the ride, the Dimmu years have been awesome.
I look forward to concentrating fully on my own project now, and
the opening possibility to resurrect a band or three.

A special thanks to all the crazy and lovely people I have met on
the road with Dimmu over the years, for the support from so many of
you,
and for the continuing interest in my musical projects.
I will always treasure the albums and the brotherhood as it was
before the cabin-fever,music industry and greed went Metallica on
our asses.

My support goes to Mustis, the true creative force in Dimmu for the
last ten years,and his rightful legal chase.

I came. I really would kill to see those few gigs :lol:

So, I look at it as the end of the era for DB. The major reason 90% of todays DB fans are even fans are because of Mustis and Vortex. Im going to treat this whole thing as the end of DB for me personally. It will never be the same and Im actually kind of glad it all worked this way. Im curious to see what kind of replacement they get and "try" to make DB happen again.....some copy-cat vocalist to completely butcher the songs. How can they ever play Progenies, Serpentine, Carnival Creation live again? Its going to be so lame haha. I officially hang up my love for DB.
I did the same when I heard the news, I really can't imagine how they will continue at the same level which made me a fan without those two members. I am still a big fan of Galder and hold a little hope for the band in the back of my mind but really I think they're done for me.

As far as those songs live, I believe they will just leave them out, don't see the point if them replacing a bassist AND a back up singer to just do those few parts. I mean they could just get a bassist and let him sing and not give a fuck, maybe even fill it with some shitty metalcore voice :p depends on how true tot he songs they want to stay, however I don't think they'll even bother to play them.

Then again some big name vocal talent might rush in to join, won't be the same as Vortex though.

I agree, they'll probably leave those songs out. Or as Helge-Uwe said, they'll hire Tarja :lol: .

I'm really happy with this news, especially with Mr.V-ortex's mentioning of the word "Arcturus" :) .

Everyone here pretty much supports Mr.V-ortex and Mustis, but I wonder what has been written on the Dimmu forum….

There WILL be an Arcturus meeting, a part of my hallucinations will come true (I hope Sverd already wrote some new pieces, for Cthulhu's sake!)