Vortex splits with Dimmu borgir

For some reason this post really moved me :cry: :) .

also if is there a S that should not be there???? (sounds instead of sound :p)
i do always stupid grammar mistakes :oops:

we are starting to be delirious about a possible arcturus reunion, are you aware of that, right? :lol:o_O

I have a feeling Arcturus might return! Vortex was a good replacement for the mighty Garm who made Arcturus magic.

Dimmu will probably have to go through a bunch of lawsuits and crap. The band lost a big chunk but like Silenoz said the creative force that gave birth to the band is still there. I hope the new Dimmu is has more guitar changes instead of just bouncing off a chug note for awhile with keyboards over it. I have the bands records so Im not trying to detroy the band but I liked Enthrone Darkness Triumphant, Spiritual Black dimensions and For all Tid more than Mustis era Borgir. They might not play Vortex era songs anymore without a proper vocalist unless Shagrath starts singing.

I have a feeling Arcturus might return! Vortex was a good replacement for the mighty Garm who made Arcturus magic.

Dimmu will probably have to go through a bunch of lawsuits and crap. The band lost a big chunk but like Silenoz said the creative force that gave birth to the band is still there. I hope the new Dimmu is has more guitar changes instead of just bouncing off a chug note for awhile with keyboards over it. I have the bands records so Im not trying to detroy the band but I liked Enthrone Darkness Triumphant, Spiritual Black dimensions and For all Tid more than Mustis era Borgir. They might not play Vortex era songs anymore without a proper vocalist unless Shagrath starts singing.

Uh... Mustis played on SBD :p He and Vortex joined around 1999 I believe. That was their first record they played on if I recall.. EDT was an epic CD, but SBD and PEM were fucking insane... DCA kinda dropped off a bit for me but ISD was a good revival, sad that the Vortex era ended there though, such little use of his voice on their last two CDs.

also if is there a S that should not be there???? (sounds instead of sound :p)
i do always stupid grammar mistakes :oops:

we are starting to be delirious about a possible arcturus reunion, are you aware of that, right? :lol:o_O

Haha obviously due to both reasons, damn Italians that can't speak English properly! (;) :p ).

Yes, we're becoming a bit crazy over that, but can you imagine?!? It'd be so great…*delirious face*.

I think we're all feeling that here! :lol:

Yeah, tough year for the Norge scene, first a bunch of crap with Gorgoroth and now there'll be more crap with Dimmu.

Heck who knows, maybe Shagrath will now do both vocals, it's too early to tell what'd happen.

Personally, I always thought of Arcturus as everything Dimmu wished to be. Amazing drums, guitars and vox.....but Dimmu went commercial and started appealing to the masses.the slipknot kids and the ozzfest crowd. I wish Dimmu had skipped making the death cult album only in respect to not going mainstream. I remember when I 1st saw Dimmu on MTV in the states and I thought "Fuck, its all downhill from here". I was going to Dimmu shows when no one knew who they were and thats when they ruled.

Hoping to close this case- DIMMU ruled but without those 2 in their band, they may as well change their name and start fresh because DB is not DB without Vortex or Mustis.

If Arcturus comes back, which I hope with both balls that they will, I just hope that they dont go down the road that Emperors reunion took them to. No more Emperor now.

Anyhow, whos coming to see Borknagar next month? hahahaha

Get your homeboys in Borky to play in the USA at some point. I don't care where I am in the US, I drive / fly / hitchhike / horseback my way to wherever you play.

New York City or Chicago would be preferred, though. ;)

I'd settle with Seattle. :saint:

If Arcturus returns at Dimmu's expense, everyone wins... =)

Maybe Mustis will do some work for Arcturus! LET'S START THE GREATEST RUMOR MILL IN THE WORLD, RIGHT HERE!11!11!

YEAH!!!

I heard that Mr.V-ortex is already in talks with Sverd!!! o_O

Personally, I always thought of Arcturus as everything Dimmu wished to be. Amazing drums, guitars and vox.....but Dimmu went commercial and started appealing to the masses.the slipknot kids and the ozzfest crowd. I wish Dimmu had skipped making the death cult album only in respect to not going mainstream. I remember when I 1st saw Dimmu on MTV in the states and I thought "Fuck, its all downhill from here". I was going to Dimmu shows when no one knew who they were and thats when they ruled.

Hoping to close this case- DIMMU ruled but without those 2 in their band, they may as well change their name and start fresh because DB is not DB without Vortex or Mustis.

If Arcturus comes back, which I hope with both balls that they will, I just hope that they dont go down the road that Emperors reunion took them to. No more Emperor now.

Anyhow, whos coming to see Borknagar next month? hahahaha

Yeah, it's like when Ozzy did his show for MTV (obviously Dimmu is not ad famous as Ozzy, but you get the point). The Prince of Darkness suddenly became… that guy.

I'd sell the plane ticket and keep the heavy drugs :D

being serious: I'd truly love to see Borknagar performing something new (or just seeing them in general) but the Wacken show must be enough, expensive enough to travel for one band to Northern Germany.

I can't wait for Arcturus to release some new stuff and playing live again (missed them in 2005, d'oh) if they reunite, best news of the year next to Devin Townsend's release plans and touring announcement.

I'll be in Leeuwarden with my girlfriend the 25th of september. Really looking forward to it!

Are you planning on playing some songs from Origin? ;)

No, we dont have very much time to rehearse this time around due to everyone having heavy schedules. I head to Oslo on the 19th and we fly to Hamburg on the 24th and play that night. Nothing off of Origin but we are talking about doing something off of it possibly next year. I wont give the setlist away but I will tell you, its going to rule. We are playing some songs that havent been played in forever and I believe 1 or 2 songs that were NEVER played live. Im hoping that there will be some good youtube vids after the gigs

No, we dont have very much time to rehearse this time around due to everyone having heavy schedules. I head to Oslo on the 19th and we fly to Hamburg on the 24th and play that night. Nothing off of Origin but we are talking about doing something off of it possibly next year. I wont give the setlist away but I will tell you, its going to rule. We are playing some songs that havent been played in forever and I believe 1 or 2 songs that were NEVER played live. Im hoping that there will be some good youtube vids after the gigs

Understandable, and awesome!

I didn't get the point why not playing more songs from the Epic album at Wacken (being Borknagar's most recent one to that date). I think it is a great album which probably does not get the respect it deserves, compared to other Borknagar albums.

I wonder why can't you record the gigs by yourselves? I mean, there's a chance to have someone there specially for that? I dunno if you're interested on to have the records of every gig, since you play live very few times... Also I think that's entirely possible to get the sound from the 'mixer', doesn't? like the Wacken bootleg (used for your enjoy and analysis, of course)

A song from the S/T would be really amazing, even if I know that won't happen for the lyrics issue. I would kill for watch some good live videos performing songs like The Winterway, Witching Hour, Soul Sphere, The Stellar Dome, The Inner Ocean Hypotesis, etx.

I'm agree with Helge-Uwe, you must play more Epic songs...I think Future Reminiscence was one of the best on Wacken and the most brutal number that day.