Vortex splits with Dimmu borgir

Eh, maybe he's just not a people person.
Or maybe dislikes live performances because it sounds nowhere near as good as the original.

:lol: That's what happens when you use too much effects in studio. Not insulting him, I just always said that Garm is a great studio musician, but that's why he won't play live because he represents his voice in a way that he might not be able to reproduce live.

Now he also abandoned black metal to sell out his original Ulver fans. The band has been a slap in the face ever since. I think he should take school from MORTIIS.

Hahahahaha what? Wow. Just because Garm isn't interested in black metal, that doesn't mean Ulver's change in musical style is selling out. Hell, their stuff is so off the wall that it probably attracts less people than their black metal albums. It would be worse if he continued releasing black metal albums without having any interest in it. Grow up, fucking christ.

Good to see some are still happy with Garm 's recent works. I don't like how he refuses to do Arcturus, but the reason because he is a stage coward. Afraid to perform live in front of people. Now he also abandoned black metal to sell out his original Ulver fans. The band has been a slap in the face ever since. I think he should take school from MORTIIS.

Ha I disagree, it was better that he didn't continue making Black Metal albums. He's been doing an excellent job IMO.

Eh, maybe he's just not a people person.
Or maybe dislikes live performances because it sounds nowhere near as good as the original.

Yeah, I wonder if that's the reason because it'd be really hard to sound like in the album I guess.

@Kerros: Please be more respectful to your fellow forum members.

I imagine this was your face when you read Kerros' post :lol:

6a00d83451b72b69e2010536a45b28970c-320wi

Honestly he didn't say anything rude, but rather expressed a strong opinion towards an opposite opinion. STOP TRYING TO MAKE DRAMA :p I know we have a great forum here with minimal shit but leave it to the mods/band members to police people. Besides I'd rather read posts of members arguing than stuff about pokemon hentai :p

But in all seriousness I disagree with Alteredminddeath, he is very much a contrarian around here, so take his opinion with a grain of salt. Let's all just leave it at that without a lengthy dimmu borgir style rebuttal from everyone involved :)

Honestly he didn't say anything rude, but rather expressed a strong opinion towards an opposite opinion. STOP TRYING TO MAKE DRAMA :p I know we have a great forum here with minimal shit but leave it to the mods/band members to police people. Besides I'd rather read posts of members arguing than stuff about pokemon hentai :p

Haha thanks. I guess I did come across a bit blunt and maybe rude, but verbally assaulting such a great musician as Garm (on a forum for a band which he used to be a member of) and accusing him of essentially being a traitor to metal (lolwut) is just overboard. It's spawned by nothing short of selfish desires for another black metal Ulver album, which I want just as much as anyone. I only listen to Ulver's first three albums out of personal preference, but I'm not going to use that as a reason to insult Garm. He's making the music he wants to make and that's that. I had no intention of insulting any users directly, just the absurd notion that Garm shouldn't make the type of music that he wants to make.

I am an Ulver fan, but not the old school Ulver. His new weird ambient avante-garde shit is awesome when I'm in the mood for that sort of thing. Also, aside from Arcturus, I think Head Control System is his best work, Ulver and Borknagar included.

I imagine this was your face when you read Kerros' post :lol:

6a00d83451b72b69e2010536a45b28970c-320wi

But in all seriousness I disagree with Alteredminddeath, he is very much a contrarian around here, so take his opinion with a grain of salt. Let's all just leave it at that without a lengthy dimmu borgir style rebuttal from everyone involved :)

:p OK, but are you sure you don't want to keep discussing about Pokemon hentain? I can post some pics… ;) .

Haha thanks. I guess I did come across a bit blunt and maybe rude, but verbally assaulting such a great musician as Garm (on a forum for a band which he used to be a member of) and accusing him of essentially being a traitor to metal (lolwut) is just overboard. It's spawned by nothing short of selfish desires for another black metal Ulver album, which I want just as much as anyone. I only listen to Ulver's first three albums out of personal preference, but I'm not going to use that as a reason to insult Garm. He's making the music he wants to make and that's that. I had no intention of insulting any users directly, just the absurd notion that Garm shouldn't make the type of music that he wants to make.

Yeah it's because of the word (fuck) you used, I thought it was a bit rude. But I do agree with you anyhow, you can't say Garm is a traitor just because he stopped doing BM. He still makes great music to be honest, and to some extent I prefer new Ulver to the old one. It all depends on my mood, though.

Re: Shagrath/Silenoz's "official" waffling response

Shagrath is such a hypocrite for accusing Mustis and Vortex of bad performances! Over the last 5 years, he's devolved into just putting loads of effects on his microphone and ripping off Abbath's muttering vocal style, which is much lazier than how he used to scream. Also when they play live, he constantly shouts "Oi Oi Oi Oi Oi!" all the time, thus totally ruining the great keyboard parts!

Shagrath/Silenoz must be difficult to get on with, because of the sheer turnover of band members, even though the line-up seemed to stabilise in the past few years. Seems a bit like a Dani Filth situation, although not quite as extreme. ALL the band members are cocky, not just Vortex/Mustis, it just seems to me that Shagrath/Silenoz were annoyed that every band member was getting equal attention for their talents, probably because they wanted to hog all the glory for themselves.

To claim credit for "putting Mustis and Vortex where they are today" is absolutely ridiculous! Dimmu Borgir weren't even that big when Vortex and Mustis joined and it was THEIR input that made the band as big as it is today. Lots of people have posted that they could "only tolerate Dimmu because of Vortex's vocals" so he was clearly one of the main selling points of the band! It's funny how the keyboard parts suddenly got 1,000 times better when Mustis joined too.

I can totally understand why Vortex/Mustis may not have given 100% on stage because when you're part of a band that doesn't split the money fairly, where you're treated like a commodity and your talents aren't recognised, how can you get motivated to put your heart and soul into every performance?

Good for you Mustis, for holding on to your OWN material for the new Dimmu album! It seems Silenoz/Shagrath are crapping their pants now because they've realised that they don't have the skills to write songs as well as you and Vortex can. Vortex and Mustis should do their own project now...

I totally agree with the earlier post about the terrible guitar riffs in Dimmu Borgir. Well now that the talent has left the band, Silenoz is free to fill an entire album with pure chugging! :puke:

Finally, never trust Satanists! Both Silenoz and Shagrath profess to be Satanists and therefore have no guilty conscience or morals, especially when it comes to lying or distorting the truth.

Finally, never trust Satanists! Both Silenoz and Shagrath profess to be Satanists and therefore have no guilty conscience or morals, especially when it comes to lying or distorting the truth.

Wait. What? I don't know much about Dimmu Borgir, but haven't they pretty much admitted that the "satanism" is just an image, just like every other black metal "satanist"?
Also, how can you say satanists have no moral, guilt etc.? Do you know many satanists?

the next album will prove if Dimmu's engine is well oiled, or just needs to be junked. I never got attached to these fired allstar members. I liked stormblast before death cult armaggedon messed with the style. I hope they can salvage their reputation, but I also have a feeling the new album could sound like another Old man's child album. Silenoz with Galder has to distinguish the 2 bands better, because they are starting to sound too similar.