Vortex splits with Dimmu borgir

He is a father figure now, so it must've been some years back. Hmm...

Mustiis auctioned on Ebay.

Next on Who did what...

It's fuckin terrible. Good think that Nick was kicked and these guys are out.

"Stop acting like composers and songwriters until you have written and released something on your own that's worthwhile and we'll see how well you do"

This is talking about Vortex? His work with Lamented Souls, Borknagar and Arcturus doesn't count? (the 3 bands are far better than DB btw)

About Mustis, I remember some interviews where the band said he composed alone all orchestrations, besides the basic songwriting contributions, and being honest, the late albums have some decent songs just for those Keyboards and Clean vocals, since Galder and Silenoz write chugga-chugga riffs, playing one note endlessly, while keys were carring the melodic force...Oh my Cthulhu, this is unbelievable.

We have put up with unprofessionalism and bad live performances for years. This couldn't be ignored anymore as we firmly believe the fans deserve the best on both records and shows.

Fuck off, I've been to a lot Dimmu shows over the years and I've never seen a bad performance by them, especially regarding the back up vocals or the keyboards (Vortex and Mustis). In fact Vortex really surprised me at how well he sang live compared to the way they fucking edit his voice on Dimmu records. As a huge Vortex fan, I can tell you I prefer only the live versions of songs like Insight, Kings, Reptile, etc... His live voice is so much better imo.

Also, what the fuck, a lot of bands have bad live performances. It happens.
'Those who scream the loudest have the most to hide…'

Haha what the fuck are they even blabbering about. With all the outreach to the fans it's basically just the band's attempt at damage control in my eyes.

Let's put things in perspective for a second: For someone to be in a band, on any level, first there's got to be commitment and dedication, a drive and urge to do what you do, whether you're part of the songwriting process, planning the touring part, business part, the administrative part or simply just the performing part — doesn't matter which one you're mostly involved in. However, you need to be involved in some of it to a certain extent to be considered and treated as a member and you have to show some sort of level when it comes to responsibility, not only for yourself but for others around you as well

:lol: Are they really trying to allege that both members took no part in any of the thing listed, or even say they had little impact on the band and had little involvement? Fucking bullshit.

You did manage to get away with general bullshit, classical cocky, rock-star attitude and carelessness — this time too. You wouldn't get away with it at home around your family so what makes you think it's fine to behave like an asshole around your band members, your family away from home? On-stage equals posing, off-stage it's a no-no.

Uhhhhhhhhhh... I know it's not accurate depiction of a person meeting them only once, but I was backstage, the ONLY person backstage along with my girlfriend, at a Dimmu show and the only person who was a rock star asshole was Shagrath. Vortex was nicer than I could have ever imagined, I had a great time with him. Glader was funny and really nice as well. Mustis and Laureano I think went out to the bus and Silenoz was really quiet and kept to himself. So, it's just a weird thing to see them accusing the nicest people in the band of being dicks.

What about the talk of a certain 'solo' project for the last 10 years? Where is it? Talk, that's what it is. Talk and no action.

Simen was really passionate when he talked to me about doing his solo work AND about recording the code album before they decided to use the other singer. He was busy writing lyrics every nigh ton tour, he was really proud of them. He said main reasons why he hasn't done anything on his own yet is because he's been building contacts with Dimmu and that he's also been busy either touring or recording with Dimmu but he has all the material prepared, some songs that are 10 year sold. Just wants to make sur ehe puts out the best quality release possible and gets good income for it, no harm in that. Can't fucking wait till he does release it and it fucking owns any shit Dimmu ever put out. Idiots.

And lastly, aren't they supposed to be a hardcore satanic black metal band? And they're complaining about smashing a glass over the head, wtf :lol: That's nothing compared to some other bands. It's part of the rockstar life, I mean it's not a good thing long term but if that's their BIG OMG SHOCKING REVELATION TO JUSTIFY FIRING A MEMBER, then fuck off.

I wasn't sure if I was going to be still a fan of Dimmu int he future, but this dramawhore bullshit really sealed the deal. Your tales of woe may win you back a few 15 year old kids but that's it. Holy shit :lol:

/rant

I suck so bad.....1st, I started doing this forum thing and NOW, I joined facebook. HAHA gay

Hey dude, facebook is gay but you'll find yourself on it more and more each day... it's evil.

"Stop acting like composers and songwriters until you have written and released something on your own that's worthwhile and we'll see how well you do"

This is talking about Vortex? His work with Lamented Souls, Borknagar and Arcturus doesn't count? (the 3 bands are far better than DB btw)

Fucking right.

About Mustis, I remember some interviews where the band said he composed alone all orchestrations, besides the basic songwriting contributions, and being honest, the late albums have some decent songs just for those Keyboards and Clean vocals, since Galder and Silenoz write chugga-chugga riffs, playing one note endlessly, while keys were carring the melodic force...

Again, fucking right on.

Hey dude, facebook is gay but you'll find yourself on it more and more each day... it's evil.

Facebook is evil.

And in my case, it's very gay. Literally. I use mine to track the various LGBT causes I'm interested in :headbang:

And don't worry, Dave, it won't eat up your life. Well, not all of it, at least :lol:

It's fuckin terrible. Good think that Nick was kicked and these guys are out.

About Mustis, I remember some interviews where the band said he composed alone all orchestrations, besides the basic songwriting contributions, and being honest, the late albums have some decent songs just for those Keyboards and Clean vocals, since Galder and Silenoz write chugga-chugga riffs, playing one note endlessly, while keys were carring the melodic force...Oh my Cthulhu, this is unbelievable.

The chugg chords that just follows the keyboard parts are most likely Mustis songs. Like the song Progenies. Purely keyboard driven intro, with bland open E chords chugging. While the guitars could of been more inspired on that part, Mustis wrote that one leading the inspiration but it seemed to not be consistent throughout the album.

Lesson number one, the obvious one: Don't forget to bring your instrument when you're about to play a festival in which you're going to perform in front of thousands of fans that have travelled far and paid money to see you play. Maybe you haven't been into it so much the last couple of years and it's — on top of that — an early flight; you feel things are a bit tedious — no worries, we all experience this from time to time but we know the deal by now after so long, and so many years. Or, so we thought. But we shouldn't have to remind you to bring your own instrument to a gig. For that there's no excuse, neither will we accept one.

I lol'd
Wonder who did that...

And yes, Arcturus, Borknagar, and Lamented Souls are all better than Deamon Burger...
They were probably referring more to Mustis with that comment.

Wow. I'm speechless, those were some of the strongest comments I've ever read (at least in the Metal scene). Hopefully this won't turn into a Metal-soap-opera like with Stratovarius :rolleyes: .

I lol'd
Wonder who did that...

And yes, Arcturus, Borknagar, and Lamented Souls are all better than Deamon Burger...
They were probably referring more to Mustis with that comment.

Yeah I agree, and I like to call it "Emo Burger" :lol:.

here is an extract of an interview made to hellhammer (i don't exactly when, it says september 2009, so i suppose 1 or 2 days ago) in which he speaks about arcturus:

How did you feel when Arcturus broke up?

Hammer: The break-up of Arcturus was a spur of the moment kind of thing. Because of Vortex in Dimmu Borgir, mainly. So we just announced it on the last day in Australia, "This is the last circuit of Arcturus!", and the other members were like, "Is it?". Arcturus will get back together again with or without Vortex. We've already talked to Garm, and he is eager to do it, so there will be more Arcturus for sure, we just need to get our stuff together, and get the right scheduling together.

the link is http://www.sickdrummermagazine.com/...lhammer-interview-preview-september-2009.html

so, must we be ready for a garm-reunion instead of a vortex-reunion?????

First of all I don't rank HH high on the list of decision making for the band. Sure Garm was a possibility before this whole Dimmu Borgir break up thing, but now I really don't see how Garm is a better option than Simen, considering he now is available with no other projects and that you know, HE FUCKING ACTUALLY WILL PLAY LIVE SHOWS.

here is an extract of an interview made to hellhammer (i don't exactly when, it says september 2009, so i suppose 1 or 2 days ago) in which he speaks about arcturus:

the link is http://www.sickdrummermagazine.com/...lhammer-interview-preview-september-2009.html

so, must we be ready for a garm-reunion instead of a vortex-reunion?????

with GARM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a very twisted situation...I lost all hopes for a Garm's return to Arcturus, but now...wow!!! Something like La Masquerade on vocals would be the best thing that can happen on metal since Garm/Lars song on Solefald and Vintersorg/Vortex/(maybe)Lars stuff on the upcoming Universal album!!!!!

@Digi : actually Garm is more involved into metal lately, and he played live with Ulver past may, so I would absolutely love a new Arcturus album with both guys or even just with Garm, but touring with Vortex - if Garm still think about to not play live with them.

with GARM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a very twisted situation...I lost all hopes for a Garm's return to Arcturus, but now...wow!!! Something like La Masquerade on vocals would be the best thing that can happen on metal since Garm/Lars song on Solefald and Vintersorg/Vortex/(maybe)Lars stuff on the upcoming Universal album!!!!!

@Digi : actually Garm is more involved into metal lately, and he played live with Ulver past may, so I would absolutely love a new Arcturus album with both guys or even just with Garm, but touring with Vortex - if Garm still think about to not play live with them.

Oh my, can things get crazier than this?!? I feel the same, it's quite ironic I say!

What would happen next? Garm joining Dimmu? o_O Ulver releasing an Industrial Metal album?

The possibilities are endless! :Smokin:

Oh my, can things get crazier than this?!? I feel the same, it's quite ironic I say!

What would happen next? Garm joining Dimmu? o_O Ulver releasing an Industrial Metal album?

Oh damn, I ROFL'd hard just thinkin about Garm on a promo Dimmu pic, with corpsepaint and hard armor, looking like 'OMGZ, I'M SOO FUCKIN EVIL AND KVLT! :rofl:DDDDDD

I have no expectations regarding Garm and Arcturus together but it's nice to dream a little from time to time...

Oh gah both of those would be nightmares
What he should do, is come write my english comp paper for me