Vortex splits with Dimmu borgir

I say that it's all for the best on both sides...the future belongs to the brave and Vortex is sure one of them!;):) I'm sure we will have the chance to listen and hear a lot of him in the near future!;) He is ready to blow the dust that kept him in a musical way tighten to the ground!:)

Vortex on!!!

I say that it's all for the best on both sides...the future belongs to the brave and Vortex is sure one of them!;):) I'm sure we will have the chance to listen and hear a lot of him in the near future!;) He is ready to blow the dust that kept him in a musical way tighten to the ground!:)

Vortex on!!!

couldn't agree more! i've only listened to DB because Vortex was in it, now he's gone i don't care about them anymore. The only thing i'm wondering: was he really fired from DB (like, he'd rather stay if he wasn't fired), or was it his own decision to leave the band? It does make a difference ( to me anyway)...

Update with Lamented Souls for those who are interested:

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Lamented Souls Press Statement

Lamented Souls to record and play live Norwegian cult doom rockers
Lamented Souls are back in action.

After vocalist/guitar player Simen "Vortex" Hestnæs parted ways with
Dimmu Borgir previously this month, it was only a matter of time
until his original outfit would once again rear its ugly head.

The band also counts OJ "Apollyon" Moe of Immortal / Aura Noir fame
amongst its ranks, with Olav Knutsen (Waklevören / Infernö)
and Einar Sjursø (Virus) completing the line-up.

Lamented Souls have been booked to play the prestigious Metal Merchants
festival in their hometown of Oslo, Norway, at the end of January 2010.
Visit http://metalmerchantsfestival.com for info on tickets etc.

The band are currently preparing new material for a follow-up to their
critically acclaimed 2004 effort, "The Origins of Misery", and are
looking for the proper label to release it.
Interested parties may contact the band through their Myspace;
http://www.myspace.com/lamentedsouls.

Oslo, September 15th, 2009

I bought the Lamented Souls in 2004 and have been a big fan since...Vortex has such a great voice for that style. That's the type of doom I'd listen to at night by the beach with trash fires and dull shit going on. Papers and ashes flying everywhere...

couldn't agree more! i've only listened to DB because Vortex was in it, now he's gone i don't care about them anymore. The only thing i'm wondering: was he really fired from DB (like, he'd rather stay if he wasn't fired), or was it his own decision to leave the band? It does make a difference ( to me anyway)...

this is another reason im glad they are out of the band, they drew many fake fans.

He was fired from DB but i think it was just a matter of time to leave the band on his own decision. I'm sure DB saw it coming and just overtook at their supposed advantage his decision to leave the band.

One's for sure...LamSo are back on tracks and ready to drive us once again straight through their own unique beautiful sound world!:)

@ Dreamcell: yeah that's what i thought too... Can't wait for their new stuff!! And if Arcturus is coming back isn't gonna be the event of the century! :hotjump:

@ Alteredmindeath: i've never been a fan of DB, neigher trve or a fake one. I just follow everything what Vortex does. :worship: But yeah, i guess that's what you meant, too

This can sound very selfish, but I hope Simen doesn't join a super-mega band again. Instead I prefer that he works with a decent amount of proyects, touring with the 2 or 3 well known ones (aka Arcturus and Lamented Souls), but on the other hand there is need and Norway is too damn expensive to live.

Simen has great composition skills and I hope he creates a new band with his songs, he's worldwide known so the sucess and promotion should not be a problem.

Also I wonder if there's a chance to join Code now or for a possible upcoming album (at least as a guest)

I don't know about Code, but I will also be EXTREMELY happy if Arcturus and Lamented Souls rise from the ashes.

I guess 2010 is going to be a great year for us all (at least in music!).

totally agree on that: Arcturus, Borknagar album, new Devin Townsend albums and tour, Disillusion return hopefully with a new album - what more could one want? ..maybe some more Borknagar live dates :worship:

The new Manes album was released this year, there's the new Fleurety album on it's way, fuck yearrrrrrr

The new Manes album was released this year, there's the new Fleurety album on it's way, fuck yearrrrrrr

manes "new album" isn't really a new album, and fleurety is suposed to release a 7'', not really a full length :)