Vote for Solens Rötter as album of the year

It's sick how everybody just wants to file anything 'aggressive' into the metal folder nowadays. I'm really flabbergasted by the whole thing, when did this happen? Who said this was OK? It's BULLSHIT!

I wouldn't say anything is metal, just because it's aggressive. Example - Gravediggaz has made some rather aggressive stuff, but it is still definitly hip hop, Mikael Wiehe has also made some aggressive songs, but I would call them blues more than anything else. I think I'll just stick to my motto - I listen to music, not genres.

I wouldn't say anything is metal, just because it's aggressive. Example - Gravediggaz has made some rather aggressive stuff, but it is still definitly hip hop, Mikael Wiehe has also made some aggressive songs, but I would call them blues more than anything else. I think I'll just stick to my motto - I listen to music, not genres.

I of course was speaking about guitar-driven music, but OK.

My opinion has nothing to do with this.
I can't change the fact that Sting isn't punk anymore than I can make gold be dog crap just because I say it is.

Understand this please.

Rivfadír;6714413 said:
My opinion has nothing to do with this.
I can't change the fact that Sting isn't punk anymore than I can make gold be dog crap just because I say it is.

Understand this please.

there's nothing particular about punk that makes it punk. and there's nothing about matter that makes gold goldy and dogshit dogshitty, other than how the building blocks of matter are arranged, giving them their properties. you could turn dogshit into gold and vice versa if you somehow had the technology.

labels are subjective. people can say the police and emo are punk, that nightingale and lacuna coil are metal, and that your gender is a product of your identity, not your genitalia.

what the british girl said is very true... opinions are not facts, they are opinions. you can argue in some cases about the properties (dogshit being dogshit), but you're going to have difficulty defining music labels for the most part (even if you think the police is not punk, it's not that far from it if it isn't, even if what punk is remains undefined). asserting that someone arguing otherwise is wrong or just is arguing for the sake of some desire to be right doesn't dispel the fundamental problem of arguing that x or y is z, when your z is undefined

One could also argue that reality, or fact as you call it, is simply the opinion of the majority. I.e. if the majority in this forum says Police isn't punk, well then they are not, in this forum. If Rifvadir then would enter a forum called Police is punk, for instance, he would probably have a little bit harder to get his point across, since the reality in that forum would be different from his, and now he would be a minority.

Anyways, what I really wanted to say was, aren't we getting a bit of topic here? I mean, wasn't the point just to try and give Vintersorg a few well earned awards?

I voted Vintersorg!
I saw a lot of great albums on there, a lot of them that I truely enjoyed.
Most of those albums (to me anyway) does not have what Solens Rötter has. You have to think about this, Mr. V has put a lot of work into this release and as we all know, he's a very, very, very talented person. So really, who do you think should take a gold here, a good album or an album of complete perfection and talent?

So, sure, vote for others, but when your soul burns in the pits of HELL, don't ask for forgiveness!
HA-HA-HA!

Skål