Vote.

hell, Canada is already not safe anymore with the numbnut Stephen Harper leading the country.

Well, I get the impression Harper is well intentioned, if misguided. I find him to be a reasonable fellow, but I am quite detatched from Canadian politics.

Having said that, I'm generally against any sort of "Conservative" politics. Right(ish) wing, for sure, but "Conservative", nah.

^^ well, don't forget he only has a minor government, he can't do everything he wants. If that was the case, abortion would be illegal and gays wouldn't be able to get married, and forget about stem cells.

Yeah, I'm aware. Things is, I'm not sure I support all those things myself.

Not out of any puritanical hangover, mind you.

Oh come on. Like voting Democrat is ever going to be the right solution.

In a two party system, you always end up having to pick the best of a bad bunch, fuck that.

So voting democrats probably means that baby killing and gay marriage will be totally legal, so what? - that shit is hardly an issue to anyone with their head firmy out of Jesus's ass - The social problems that are eating away at American society, and western society in general, won't be treated.

The democrats are AS ineffective as the republicans. For me, when voting becomes nothing more than a question of "which party will make sure i still get to do all the shit i like to do?" It's became base, simplistic and fucking useless.

:)

^ I like Kinky because he stands on an independent ticket and he comes across like an honest guy. There seems to be no posturing with Kinky, and I think that is most admirable.

^ I like Kinky because he stands on an independent ticket and he comes across like an honest guy. There seems to be no posturing with Kinky, and I think that is most admirable.

He's too young for Medicare and too old for women to care.

He has the best one liners. The issues he speaks of most are ones that I care about the most - animals, the closing of horse slaughtering plants, too many mexicans, and crackheads and thugs.

I've always said it's very easy to keep most people happy, most of the time.

I'd contend that democracy is far from the best system. BUT providing it is here and IF I voted, people like Kinky would most certainly get it. I'd like to meet him first, shake his hand, generally get the measure of the fellow - but from reading up on him, he seems like a decent bloke.

Oh come on. Like voting Democrat is ever going to be the right solution.

In a two party system, you always end up having to pick the best of a bad bunch, fuck that.

So voting democrats probably means that baby killing and gay marriage will be totally legal, so what? - that shit is hardly an issue to anyone with their head firmy out of Jesus's ass - The social problems that are eating away at American society, and western society in general, won't be treated.

The democrats are AS ineffective as the republicans. For me, when voting becomes nothing more than a question of "which party will make sure i still get to do all the shit i like to do?" It's became base, simplistic and fucking useless.

:)

It's true: both parties are completely inept, and pushing us towards martial law. There's no escaping it.

That said.... its still far better for everyone to have balance within our system. The greatest gift our founding fathers designed was the system of checks and balances. If one party proposes something preposterous, there is quite a few chances for that power to be checked.

This hasn't been the case in the past few years with a Republican controlled Senate, House, Jucidiary, and White House, and that is just out of control, whether you're a conservative or not! As someone who leans to the left, I dont even think Democrats should have that kind of control!

Keep balance to the force!

To me the problem lies in democracy. Under the American form of democratic constitution, all the facets of the governing system have a right to be heavily weighted towards one party.

If you accept American democracy, you almost have to accept that sometimes the governing system will be balanced against your particular politcal allegiences, purely because the opposition have a majority.

The only one worth bitching about is the Supreme Court. I find the method of appointment to that most curious.

If I was convinced voting EVER meant anything, I'd be more than happy to dance the merry dance all the way to the polling booth.

I'm more in support of dressing in Tuxedos and protesting.

Well, I can understand that. My main problems I have are all rooted in political organisation. I fail to see the merit of any democratic political organisation, regardless of what noble clap-trap accompanies it.

I suppose I've just never been one of these politically enabled young folks, and I'm still not. I've never felt the need to put any energy into supporting issues or people that I know are never acted upon, and if they are usually half heartedly. I'm an old fashioned cynic when it comes to politics.

I think Plato had most of it right. :)

^ granted.

I hate politicians and politics, and above all I hate the corruption we need to whitness when election time is on... all those election TV advertisments..
that out tax money buys... dirty details about each one... its so low!
However: to ignore your PRIVILEGE to vote is one of the worst thing one can do.
It is a privilege, and it shall never be taken for granted... IMO